Thread: Paul aide tells libertarian GOPers to avoid Rubio

Paul aide tells libertarian GOPers to avoid Rubio

Paul aide tells libertarian GOPers to avoid Rubio
    February 4, 2016

After a fifth place showing in the Iowa caucuses, Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul dropped out of the Republican presidential campaign on Wednesday and set his eyes on winning re-election to the U.S. Senate.

The development raised a question about which candidate will swoop up Paul’s ardent supporters in the libertarian wing of the Republican Party. Paul won 4.5 percent of the vote in Iowa.

Grand Rapids-based GOP consultant John Yob, who served as Paul’s national political director, said Wednesday that Florida U.S. Sen. Marco Rubio should not be considered by Paul supporters.

“Liberty-leaning voters have good options but will reject Marco Rubio because of his spending policies that would bankrupt the country and his ever changing positions on important issues,” Yob said in a statement to The Detroit News.

Yob suggested Paul voters should hold out and see how the remaining field of candidates shakes out.

“There is time to decide because there is a long road to the nomination that will likely culminate in a contested national convention in Cleveland for the first time in a very long time,” said Yob, who specializes in political convention maneuvering.
    More: http://www.detroitnews.com/story/new...ubio/79800704/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Liberty-leaning voters have good options
    What? This is news to me.
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

avoiding them all, the gop field is nothing more then hillarys with phalluses! #gopfossilfuel #rocketmassstoves
    2016 gop est business as usual, rules do not apply.

There is time to decide because there is a long road to the nomination that will likely culminate in a contested national convention in Cleveland for the first time in a very long time
    Good thing we dropped out then.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

The Hanging Endorsement, With No String Attached

Once again, I think such warnings have the potential of contradicting Sen. Paul's eventual endorsement of whoever the GOP nominee is. If Marco Rubio becomes the Republican nominee (and there is a good chance that he will), then Rubio will have Sen. Paul's endorsement, nonetheless.

So what sense does it make to tell Sen. Paul's supporters to avoid Rubio if, in the end, Sen. Paul may endorse him, regardless of Rubio's "spending policies that would bankrupt the country and his ever changing positions on important issues"?
    "Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Theocrat View Post
    Once again, I think such warnings have the potential of contradicting Sen. Paul's eventual endorsement of whoever the GOP nominee is. If Marco Rubio becomes the Republican nominee (and there is a good chance that he will), then Rubio will have Sen. Paul's endorsement, nonetheless.

So what sense does it make to tell Sen. Paul's supporters to avoid Rubio if, in the end, Sen. Paul may endorse him, regardless of Rubio's "spending policies that would bankrupt the country and his ever changing positions on important issues"?
    John Yob is saying Rubio sucks
    Rand would be saying Rubio is better than Hillary
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

^My biggest problem with Rand! It comes across as disingenuous to endorse Rubio when it is all said and done--especially when he has already said that he EQUALS Hillary Clinton. An endorsement of any GOP candidate will hurt him, just like it did when he endorsed Romney.

Endorsing Rubio is Like Endorsing Clinton

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    John Yob is saying Rubio sucks
    Rand would be saying Rubio is better than Hillary
    Yes, I understand the reasoning, but it is still self-contradictory, given all of Sen. Paul's objections and attacks toward Rubio.

Not only that, it's the corrupted principle of "voting for the lesser of two evils," which is still voting for evil (especially since Sen. Paul believes that Rubio has the most in common with Hillary, as thatpeculiarcat has pointed out).
    "Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ds21089 View Post
    What? This is news to me.
    Agreed. There are zero real options even for minarchist types.
    Radical in the sense of being in total, root-and-branch opposition to the existing political system and to the State itself. Radical in the sense of having integrated intellectual opposition to the State with a gut hatred of its pervasive and organized system of crime and injustice. Radical in the sense of a deep commitment to the spirit of liberty and anti-statism that integrates reason and emotion, heart and soul. - M. Rothbard

Who did Yob support in 2008 and 2012? I'll have to look into it. But I don't think it was Ron, which would mean that it was someone else who was no more libertarian than Rubio.

But if he's actually coming around (which I doubt, since he's a political consultant), I'm glad for that.

ETA: In 2008 it was McCain. http://blog.4president.org/2008/2007...yob_and_h.html

In 2012 it was Santorum. http://www.p2012.org/santorum/yobzan...1712email.html

He has something against Rubio. Whatever it is, I doubt that it has to do with liberty. He just happens to be right.

And another Edit: I got mixed up in the above links. Those are about Chuck Yob, who I think is John Yob's dad. But John Yob also worked for McCain and Santorum. https://ballotpedia.org/John_Yob
    Last edited by erowe1; 02-04-2016 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    Who did Yob support in 2008 and 2012? I'll have to look into it. But I don't think it was Ron, which would mean that it was someone else who was no more libertarian than Rubio.

But if he's actually coming around (which I doubt, since he's a political consultant), I'm glad for that.

ETA: In 2008 it was McCain. http://blog.4president.org/2008/2007...yob_and_h.html

In 2012 it was Santorum. http://www.p2012.org/santorum/yobzan...1712email.html

He has something against Rubio. Whatever it is, I doubt that it has to do with liberty. He just happens to be right.
    Rubio isn't his horse so he's trying to talk to libertarians to dissuade us from him.

As if we actually needed to be told not to vote for Rubio.

He don't know us very well, do he?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

“Liberty-leaning voters have good options but will reject Marco Rubio because of his spending policies that would bankrupt the country and his ever changing positions on important issues,” Yob said in a statement to The Detroit News.

Yob suggested Paul voters should hold out and see how the remaining field of candidates shakes out.

Attention John Yob: I won't be taking your "advice" as to whom to support, loser. You're part of the problem. Were you one of the jackasses that told Rand to talk about Libertarians "smoking pot and running around naked"?

I'll be voting for Trump to throw a monkey wrench into the corrupt swamp called DC. Get that? Good. And if Rand decides to throw his "support" to one of the professional warmongering liars it will be a dark day for what was once the most trustworthy names in all of politics.

“There is time to decide because there is a long road to the nomination that will likely culminate in a contested national convention in Cleveland for the first time in a very long time,” said Yob, who specializes in political convention maneuvering.
    "Political Convention Maneuvering"- says it all. The YOB's can GF themselves, hard.

PS: How's Jesse Benton? Are his million dollar house payments up to date? Does he need a new Audi? Does his wife need a new Rolex? What a circus. Glad to not have to hear about it again- hopefully ever. Good riddance to bad rubbish. The smell will linger, unfortunately.

Ohhh yeah! Now I remember!

Yob is the Rand aide who got a punch thrown at him by a Rubio aide at last year's Mackinac Republican Leadership Conference.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/loca...gins/72385606/

And I'm sure that that wasn't the incident that started it. There's bad blood here that goes way back to things that most likely none of us will ever find out about, and it has nothing to do with Yob loving liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by thatpeculiarcat View Post
    ^My biggest problem with Rand! It comes across as disingenuous to endorse Rubio when it is all said and done--especially when he has already said that he EQUALS Hillary Clinton. An endorsement of any GOP candidate will hurt him, just like it did when he endorsed Romney.
    Then why be in the Republican Party and run for such nomination when 99% of them suck ass?

Go INDY!!! Run INDY!!! It's where the masses are at anyway. Grab the middle while stealing from the Right and the Left. Screw the system that is controlled by the elites while both parties pretend to care.

Rubio would be better than Clinton. Just scotus appointments would be enough to justify voting for Rubio in the general over Clinton. But I'm going with Cruz in the primary now than Rand is out. I'm not excited about nor will I defend any of them.

Support does not necessarily mean endorse.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Liberty74 View Post
    Then why be in the Republican Party and run for such nomination when 99% of them suck ass?

Go INDY!!! Run INDY!!! It's where the masses are at anyway. Grab the middle while stealing from the Right and the Left. Screw the system that is controlled by the elites while both parties pretend to care.
    If Bernie really spanks Hilary, Bloomberg gets in. Then Rand could get in. But he would have to drop his Senate campaign.

If it's Trump or Cruz, Rand should endorse Mickey Mouse.

Quote Originally Posted by PCKY View Post
    If Bernie really spanks Hilary
    ...didn't need that image.

If Bernie really spanks Hilary

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    ...didn't need that image.
    why did I open this thread... brb while I gouge my eyes out
    Last edited by libertyplz; 02-04-2016 at 09:35 PM.

Cruz is a dork.
    Last edited by FSP-Rebel; 02-05-2016 at 12:15 PM.

In complete agreement. It's what Ron should've done in 2012 and 2008.

Rubio = Rick Lazio

It's extremely hard to win as an Indy. Look at how much the Libertarian party has accomplished. Ron did more running as a Republican than he ever would have running Independent. If you think it's hard winning the nomination in the Republican party, getting any traction as an independent is at least 10 times harder, only exception is if you're rich and/or extremely well known. Even still you'll need to battle the people who'll vote for team red or blue regardless of how good a candidate the indy is.

I mean look at Rand in Iowa, people went for Cruz, Rubio, Trump or Bernie over Rand because they wanted to go with someone they thought had a chance at winning.

Anyways I doubt Rand endorses Rubio in the primary. He probably would have endorsed Cruz but I get the impression that he doesn't like him personally. So he'll probably just focus on his Senate campaign and then endorse the Republican nominee.

If Bernie really spanks Hilary, Bloomberg gets in. Then Rand could get in. But he would have to drop his Senate campaign.
    I don't want to be the party pooper. But I really don't want to see these kinds of pipe dreams pick up steam here.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    After that, Paul aide also reminded libertarian GOPers to
    - avoid having unprotected sex with known prostitutes
    - avoid gas station sushi
    - remember to raise the toilet sit before you pee.
    - cover up when we sneeze in public

Among many other common sense behaviors. If as a libertarian, you need a Paul aide to tell you not to vote for Rubio, then you have more serious problems to deal with than Rubio winning the nomination.
    Last edited by juleswin; 02-05-2016 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    Ohhh yeah! Now I remember!

Yob is the Rand aide who got a punch thrown at him by a Rubio aide at last year's Mackinac Republican Leadership Conference.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/loca...gins/72385606/

And I'm sure that that wasn't the incident that started it. There's bad blood here that goes way back to things that most likely none of us will ever find out about, and it has nothing to do with Yob loving liberty.
    Good catch. That's probably the reason for this statement from Yob.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Could be Ron? Could be Judge NAP? I think the Judge would wipe the floor...
    If Rand does not win the Republican nomination, he should buck the controlled two party system and run as an Independent for President in 2016 and give Americans a real option to vote for.

We are all born libertarians then something goes really wrong. Despite this truth, most people are still libertarians yet not know it.

Technically...

Support does not necessarily mean endorse.
    According to Dictionary.com, "endorse" can mean "to approve, support, or sustain: to endorse a political candidate."

"Support," in a political context, can mean "to uphold (a person, cause, policy, etc.) by aid, countenance, one's vote, etc.; back; second."

So, if Sen. Paul endorses Rubio, then Sen. Paul is actually supporting Rubio, in one sense.

There are some other good options, like Ted Cruz, who are far better than Rubio. I presume that is what Yob means.

Quote Originally Posted by Erazer View Post
    There are some other good options, like Ted Cruz, who are far better than Rubio. I presume that is what Yob means.
    I doubt it.

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic