Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: John Kasich picks up a Rand Paul adviser

John Kasich picks up a Rand Paul adviser

John Kasich picks up a Rand Paul adviser
    By Ed O'Keefe - February 3, 2016

Republican presidential candidate John Kasich has picked up a former adviser to the presidential campaign of Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.).

Mike Biundo will join the Kasich campaign as a national adviser, according to campaign aides. He had been a senior adviser to Paul's campaign, which ended on Wednesday, and ran Rick Santorum's 2012 race before working for the eventual GOP nominee, Mitt Romney.

Biundo is a New Hampshire native who brings a deep understanding of Granite State politics, which could help in the closing days of the primary. Kasich aides said that picking up Biundo's national political experience will help the campaign prepare for the ensuing contests.
    Earlier Wednesday as he helped take apart Paul's New Hampshire headquarters, Biundo told The Washington Post that he had been fielding calls from several campaigns.

"I'm getting calls from other campaigns, but I’ve got a business to run,” he said. “I’m not sure. Usually you have the luxury of a couple of days to think it over. I don’t have that.”
    More: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-paul-adviser/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wouldn't it be a peach if the Rand suspension was done to purge political operatives from working in his campaign. And that as soon as the rats find their new ships he will re-enter. Hey, I can dream can't I?

Chester Copperpot

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Wouldn't it be a peach if the Rand suspension was done to purge political operatives from working in his campaign. And that as soon as the rats find their new ships he will re-enter. Hey, I can dream can't I?
    thats an excellent idea

Santorum '12 > Romney > Rand Paul '16 > Kasich
    Expect Kasich to drop out soon.

Mike Biundo.... it's what plants crave.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    Expect Kasich to drop out soon.
    Kasich is polling 2nd/3rd/4th in New Hampshire. Unless all polls are way off, he will not drop out until late February, at the earliest.

It would probably have been wiser to switch to the Cruz camp.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Thumbs down Head of Rand's NH campaign now works for Kasich

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Wow, all I did was write one level-headed rational post-mortem after Greg Brannon's campaign and I became satan himself, but here you are blowing up all over the forums in multiple threads whining like a baby and this is supposed to be okay? You freaking hypocrite.

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    So what? Rand is no longer running.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    everyone wants to think people working for the campaign are liberty supporters...when in fact, they may just be capitalists working like normal americans.

Looks like someone couldn't get a job post-Rand.

That's just what "professionals" do.

The man has got to eat and campaign season just comes around every 4 yrs.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So it was okay that Jesse Benton joined with McConnell's team after leaving Ron Paul's running, but...?
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Wow, all I did was write one level-headed rational post-mortem after Greg Brannon's campaign and I became satan himself, but here you are blowing up all over the forums in multiple threads whining like a baby and this is supposed to be okay? You freaking hypocrite.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Well, people gotta work and gotta eat.

From "Good to Great" -Jim Collins

"Practicing 'first who' means selecting people

more on their fit with core values and purpose

than on their skills and knowledge
    ."

He should have never been a part Rand 2016.

He's a political hack, not one of us.

Chapter 6 – Cult-like Cultures

Porras and Collins discuss visionary companies as not a great place to work for everyone. All employees within a visionary company must adapt and embrace the core values assigned to them in order for the organization to make strides. According to the authors, visionary companies are demanding of its employees to seek accomplishment and to follow the core ideology. The authors outline four common characteristics of cults that apply to the visionary organizational philosophy – fervently held ideology, indoctrination, tightness of fit, and elitism.

Fervently held ideology – All employees believe strongly in the company ideology.

Indoctrination – Management is responsible for introducing and encouraging the proper work culture to employees.
    Tightness of fit – Employees who do not believe in the same ideology should switch positions or be fired altogether.
    Elitism – Recognizing the sense of responsibility that comes from being a member of a visionary company.
    The beginning of Chapter 6 uses Nordstrom as an example of a visionary company where an interviewer tells an interviewee what is expected of him, in accordance with the company philosophy of excellent customer service and starting from the bottom to work your way to the top.

Chapter 8 – Home Grown Management

Porras and Collins describe a characteristic of visionary companies as likely to hire inside employees to high positions as opposed to other organizations that “hire from the outside.” This allowed for consistent excellence in leadership from within the ranks, from employees who have adhered to the company’s core ideology. In the overall picture, this is a way for companies to preserve the core while stimulating progress – a mantra discussed in Chapter 4.

To support their claims, both authors cite comparison companies are six times more likely than visionary companies to hire their CEO from a pool of outside applications. At visionary companies, only 4% of CEOs came from the outside.

http://www.wikisummaries.org/Good_to_great
    http://www.wikisummaries.org/Built_to_Last

I withheld from talking $#@! while he was running for potus because I do "stand with rand" in my heart, but now that its over I feel with certainty that

RandPaul2016 alienated the 2008 R3volution sheepdogs

Net result, it appeared to the general public that even his own supporters didn't really back him. Rand has always had 10:1 the criticism from his base that Ron gets.
    Last edited by presence; 02-07-2016 at 09:48 AM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

That doesn't seem like a job with much of a future.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    So what?

It shows us that he is a man unloyal to the greater movement. He didn't go back to being an eye surgeon, or a carpenter, or a whatever with a well worn RON2008 and a fresh RAND2016 bumper sticker. He didn't go on to support the campaign of another liberty candidate. He went back to being a hack for the opposition. He was no more loyal to the liberty caucus than he was to Santorum's fundamentalist banter on gay marriage.

Who's to say he wasn't a double agent the damn whole time? This is presidential politics.
    Last edited by presence; 02-07-2016 at 10:05 AM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    So what?

It shows us that he is a man unloyal to the greater movement. He didn't go back to being an eye surgeon, or a carpenter, or a whatever with a well worn RON2008 and a fresh RAND2016 bumper sticker. He didn't go on the support the campaign of another liberty candidate. He went back to being a hack for the opposition. He was no more loyal to the liberty caucus than he was to Santorum's fundamentalist banter on gay marriage.

Who's to say he wasn't a double agent the damn whole time? This is presidential politics.
    Could have been. But, fact is that you need both truth believers AND people who know how to work the system and win elections. Although the latter should be contained and assigned to specific functions, in my opinion.

Ron's Campaign for Liberty has been trying to get true believers trained around the country on election mechanics for years on end, so that we could be more effective and less of the other would be needed. On this forum anyway, I've seen a lot of blustering about how that isn't needed. I mean wees knows how to throw a snowball, right? Isn't that all it takes?
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 02-07-2016 at 10:10 AM.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    RandPaul2016 alienated the 2008 R3volution sheepdogs

Net result, it appeared to the general public that even his own supporters didn't really back him. Rand has always had 10:1 the criticism from his base that Ron gets.
    That is complete bull$#@!. Some people got their panties in a twist when after Ron send out an email saying his campaign was toast, Rand endorsed Romney, who clearly won.

They never got over it. And dug at Rand and dug at Rand every day thereafter.

Screw you guys. Really!
    ================

The point is that this is indicative of a very systemic underlying problem.
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

The point is that this is indicative of a very systemic underlying problem.
    What problem is that, Matt?
    ================

Quote Originally Posted by Weston White View Post
    So it was okay that Jesse Benton joined with McConnell's team after leaving Ron Paul's running, but...?
    That was a very strategic move to position Rand to be in a much better place come election time. It worked.... Rand got a lot of benefit out of that which unfortunately didn't see fruition due other factors. I couldn't stomach it, but Jesse was obviously making a huge ideological sacrifice in order to advance the cause of liberty by attempting to co-opt the establishment.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    No, unlike what you did I am not calling out specific people or blaming certain people for a loss or just running my mouth (and not knowing what you were talking about in the process).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic