Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: John Kasich picks up a Rand Paul adviser

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    What problem is that, Matt?
    The problem of Matt not being promoted.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    No, unlike what you did I am not calling out specific people or blaming certain people for a loss or just running my mouth (and not knowing what you were talking about in the process).
    So you think "Head of Rand Paul's NH Campaign" is less specific than naming the person who screwed up then? The reason you think I am an evil idiot and you are a heroic god, is because you used a title where I dared to speak a name. The horror. Lol

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The point is that this is indicative of a very systemic underlying problem.

No it isn't. We all knew Paul inc had nepotism, was sort of inept and self serving. This was no huge secret problem. We went along with it because the policy was good. Voters don't like the ideas put forth and we lost 3 times. The voters sent us a message and it's over. You can throw all the money and time in the world at this and still wouldn't win.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    No it isn't. We all knew Paul inc had nepotism, was sort of inept and self serving. This was no huge secret problem. We went along with it because the policy was good. Voters don't like the ideas put forth and we lost 3 times. The voters sent us a message and it's over. You can throw all the money and time in the world at this and still wouldn't win.
    Oh bull. You can't expect to overturn something that took over 100 years to screw up, in just a few years, or national elections. For the first time in a long time, things like the proper role of government, are being discussed; a lot of people have now heard of the Federal Reserve Bank; people have heard that our government is arming ISIS, and on and on. Fact is, winning the presidency was a pipe dream. That is so very controlled that the only way we might have done it is to have overwhelmed them with sheer numbers of supporters. Given that the chosen ones within the movement are feckle as all hell and will stab anyone they don't deem as pure enough, it probably isn't going to happen for the presidency. Not now, anyway.

But, we have been successful electing Senators and Congressmen and truth be told, our attention would probably better be placed getting local and state reps elected.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    So you think "Head of Rand Paul's NH Campaign" is less specific than naming the person who screwed up then?
    This particular topic isn't really about the guy who moved over to Kasich, as mentioned, it is about being indicative of a systemic problem.

The reason you think I am an evil idiot and you are a heroic god, is because you used a title where I dared to speak a name. The horror. Lol
    I don't think you're evil.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

The systemic/underlying problem being what?
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

The movement would exist today if it weren't for people like Matt Collins. The disrespect towards him is sickening.

As for this story. It's politics. The problem with a lot of us is that we expect a pure movement. Whether you like it or not, you need people entrenched in politics. Even the anti-establishment Trump and Sanders have had people who have been embedded in traditional politics their whole lives. When a campaign ends, you can't expect those individuals working on a campaign to drop dead or go nowhere else. There are more campaigns, there are more jobs. They are out of a job, they don't have a senate job to return to, they do what campaigners do, campaign elsewhere. Somewhere close enough to their beliefs that they are not sacrificing everything, but giving a service for a return of $$. While I think Kasich is a shill, I don't fault people getting a job.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashland View Post
    The systemic/underlying problem being what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Robrank View Post
    As for this story. It's politics. The problem with a lot of us is that we expect a pure movement. Whether you like it or not, you need people entrenched in politics. Even the anti-establishment Trump and Sanders have had people who have been embedded in traditional politics their whole lives. When a campaign ends, you can't expect those individuals working on a campaign to drop dead or go nowhere else. There are more campaigns, there are more jobs. They are out of a job, they don't have a senate job to return to, they do what campaigners do, campaign elsewhere. Somewhere close enough to their beliefs that they are not sacrificing everything, but giving a service for a return of $$. While I think Kasich is a shill, I don't fault people getting a job.
    The point being is that if a staffer went to work for Cruz or even Trump that would make some sort of sense and be somewhat justified. Although I wouldn't particularly care for it I could at least understand that.

But for someone to support Rand and then turn around and support Kasich (who loves Obamacare and hates guns) just goes to show the underlying problem that there was no passion for the effort. One who is principled cannot do that.
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

The point being is that if a staffer went to work for Cruz or even Trump that would make some sort of sense and be somewhat justified. Although I wouldn't particularly care for it I could at least understand that.

But for someone to support Rand and then turn around and support Kasich (who loves Obamacare and hates guns) just goes to show the underlying problem that there was no passion for the effort. One who is principled cannot do that.
    So you are saying that the lack of passion was an internal problem and not an external one?
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

Maybe he's joining Team Kasich as a strategic plan to take down Rubio? I mean, as long as there are a bunch of Establishment candidates in the race, the more that dilutes the vote for Rubio, especially in an Establishment state like New Hampshire.
    Rand Paul 2016
    Justin Amash 2024
    Thomas Massie 2032

Check out Matthew Vines' Reformation Project!

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Matt is right that this guy is a hired gun. He has no real allegiance to Rand, other than the fact he's paid by Rand. He also has a weak record, given the fact both his clients - Santorum in the primary and Romney in the general - lost NH in 2012.

What Matt deliberately ignores is that this guy didn't kill Rand's campaign. Rand was slumping well before NH, and in a lot of other states. Matt is looking for someone to blame here, and Biundo is an easy target.

This campaign was the brainchild of Doug Stafford. He devised the whole grand strategy of relying on college kids. He begged for money from big donors for his child adoption, humiliating Rand. He agitated against his own colleagues, sidelining and cutting out his own campaign manager from key discussions. And of course he was the one having an affair with Marianne Copenhaver, who was otherwise completely unqualified for her senior position within the campaign.

That is complete bull$#@!. Some people got their panties in a twist when after Ron send out an email saying his campaign was toast, Rand endorsed Romney, who clearly won.

They never got over it. And dug at Rand and dug at Rand every day thereafter.

Screw you guys. Really!
    Those people were losertarians. Nothing more than a cancer to the liberty movement.

Wow, all I did was write one level-headed rational post-mortem after Greg Brannon's campaign and I became satan himself, but here you are blowing up all over the forums in multiple threads whining like a baby and this is supposed to be okay? You freaking hypocrite.

That is complete bull$#@!. Some people got their panties in a twist when after Ron send out an email saying his campaign was toast, Rand endorsed Romney, who clearly won.

Screw you guys. Really!
    As a once accused "ringleader" of such a thing, I'm sure you can produce daily posts from me, "bashing" Rand.

I'll wait right here...

No, unlike what you did I am not calling out specific people or blaming certain people for a loss or just running my mouth (and not knowing what you were talking about in the process).
    That's one thing I'll say for you. While you do run your mouth without knowing what you're talking about, you manage not to give any specifics.

Good liars give details. The best liars don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Robrank View Post
    The movement would exist today if it weren't for people like Matt Collins.
    Truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    As a once accused "ringleader" of such a thing, I'm sure you can produce daily posts from me, "bashing" Rand.

I'll wait right here...
    You'll be waiting a long, long time. She still hasn't produced a shred of evidence of her absurd (and blatantly false) claim that I support an Article V convention, and yet she acts as though she totally believes her claim is true.

Please. This is just as ridiculous as saying that Rand Paul isn't and wasn't principled because he endorsed Mitt Romney and Mitch McConnell...who defended the Iraq War, not reading the Constitution, the Patriot Act, etc., ohhh snap, nevermind. I guess you are right?

But, my real guess is this guy found another paycheck. Nothing more principled than making sure to keep getting fed notes, to feed oneself.

"The future if bright! Smile into the night! King Supreme, 2016!"

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashland View Post
    So you are saying that the lack of passion was an internal problem and not an external one?
    It was created by internal problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Erazer View Post

What Matt deliberately ignores is that this guy didn't kill Rand's campaign. Rand was slumping well before NH, and in a lot of other states. Matt is looking for someone to blame here, and Biundo is an easy target.
    No, not at all. I am not accusing MB of killing Rand's campaign, and I don't blame him for anything. I am however pointing out that the fact that he could so easily go over to someone like Kasich is indicative of a bigger systemic problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Erazer View Post
    This campaign was the brainchild of Doug Stafford. He devised the whole grand strategy of relying on college kids. He begged for money from big donors for his child adoption, humiliating Rand. He agitated against his own colleagues, sidelining and cutting out his own campaign manager from key discussions. And of course he was the one having an affair with Marianne Copenhaver, who was otherwise completely unqualified for her senior position within the campaign.
    Sounds like you work in the political industry?

Please tell us more about these things and how you came by this information. This is intriguing....

Screw you guys. Really!
    ^^that

Long ago, I learned that there is so placating or reasoning with such people; they simply have to be ignored.

They will never under any circumstances be of an value to any effort to achieve any real success.

For the purposes of the liberty movement going forward, they do not exist, and we move on.

As someone who knows Mike personally, I hold no animosity towards him and wish him all the best! He was a great part of Team Rand and loyal until the very end.
    "We have nothing to fear except our own unwillingness to defend what is naturally ours, our God-given rights. We have nothing to fear that should cause us to forget or relinquish our rights as free men and women. To thrive, we must believe in ourselves again, and we must never, never trade our liberty for any fleeting promise of security." - Rand Paul

Wow, all I did was write one level-headed rational post-mortem after Greg Brannon's campaign and I became satan himself, but here you are blowing up all over the forums in multiple threads whining like a baby and this is supposed to be okay? You freaking hypocrite.
    Got a link?

Quote Originally Posted by muzzled dogg View Post
    Got a link?
    This was in 2014 immediately following the end of Greg Brannon's campaign. I pointed out how Reilly O'Neil fumbled the ball, and confined it to a single thread. An advanced search for posts containing Reilly O'Neil and authored by me will probably turn it up. I'm posting from my cellphone right now or I'd try to dig up the link myself.

ETA - I can't find it under any of a dozen search terms. As I said, it was a single post, criticisms were kept to a single thread, and Matt has been freaking the hell out at me ever since for impugning O'Neil and Saber on account of my pointing out their gross tactical errors.
    Last edited by GunnyFreedom; 02-08-2016 at 05:46 AM.

Transitioning to doing the search on Google, I'm finding lots of Matt Collins trashing me for writing the post mortem, but not the post mortem itself.

That should probably lend a clue to how low-key the original post was and how much Collins blew it all out of proportion in order to stroke his own ego. :-/

Quote Originally Posted by Gage View Post
    As someone who knows Mike personally, I hold no animosity towards him and wish him all the best! He was a great part of Team Rand and loyal until the very end.
    Thanks for that informed opinion. +rep.

Now we return to the regularly scheduled arm-chair quarterback speculation and mud wrestling.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic