Thread: Shkreli Declares War On Congress: Moments After Pleading The Fifth, He Calls Reps "Imbeciles"

Shkreli Declares War On Congress: Moments After Pleading The Fifth, He Calls Reps "Imbeciles"

Shkreli Declares War On Congress: Moments After Pleading The Fifth, He Calls Reps "Imbeciles"
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-0...reps-imbeciles

[...]
    While Shrekli's curt assessment may be spot on, he certainly could not have aimed any higher in picking his next, and biggest yet, enemy. Then again, if his intention was to create another media circus, he certainly has achieved his goal.
    He didn't grease enough palms.

Where Is The Outrage: With Shkreli Indicted, Drug Prices Are Still Soaring
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-0...-still-soaring

Last September, when Martin Shkreli was doing his best to become the "most hated person in America" with his highly profiled 5000% price increase of a Turing Pharma toxoplasmosis drug, in an article titled "Dear Martin Shkreli: This Is How You Hike Drug Prices" we said hate him if you must, but not for his price hiking practices for one simple reason: everyone else does that.

Specifically we said that "what Shrekli did was not in any way unique: everyone else did it too, they were just much smarter about how to do it" pointing specifically at Valeant and saying that "this is where the difference between Valeant and Turing is to be found. While the entire US population was shocked, appalled and outraged at Shkreli for daring to boost the price of one drug by 5000%, apparently nobody had a problem with Valeant jacking up the prices of nearly 30 drugs by anywhere between 90% and 786% on the high end, with one solitary outlier, Ofloxacin ear drops seeing its price soar by 2288%."

Our conclusion:
    ... boost the prices of dozens of drugs in the span of 1-3 years anywhere between 100% and 800% and nobody notices (thank you insurance companies). But hike the price of one drug by 5,500% and suddenly all of America thinks you are satan incarnate.
    ... to which Citron added that "in the Twitter-storm furor over Turing’s recent one-drug price gouge attempt, the media has overlooked the reality that Martin Shkreli was created by the system. Shkreli is merely a rogue trying to play the gambit that Valeant has perfected."

In fact, perhaps the reason why Shkreli was so violently ostracized is because he "has put a face to the gouging of America by pharmaceutical companies." And weighing in at about 140 pounds, a very conveient scapegoat.

Fast forward five months later when Shkreli's career has been put on hiatus after his recent arrest, when slowly but surely, others are admitting what we said in the summer of 2015.

Enter Bloomberg which writes that after Martin Shkreli raised the price of anti-parasitic drug Daraprim more than 50-fold to $750 a pill last year, he said he wasn’t alone in taking big price hikes. "As it turns out, the former drug executive was right" Bloomberg admits and adds that "a survey of about 3,000 brand-name prescription drugs found that prices more than doubled for 60 and at least quadrupled for 20 since December 2014."

Here is a brief list of some of the other "gougers":
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Congress are "representatives" of the "people"

So he is declaring WAR on the people?

Do these brain dead morons even know what they are doing? at all?
    "One thing my years in Washington taught me is that most politicians are followers, not leaders. Therefore we should not waste time and resources trying to educate politicians. Politicians will not support individual liberty and limited government unless and until they are forced to do so by the people," says Ron Paul."

Declared war on the people who provide him protection for his IP that allows him to price gouge in the first place? Too funny.

reason patents are fascist government granted money printing monopolies number 102984752-1
    reason the insurance industry is a satanic death cult number 66603480-3
    Last edited by presence; 02-04-2016 at 01:31 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

“You can look away if you like,” Cummings said, as Shkreli sneered. “But I wish you could see the faces of people… who cannot get the drugs that they need. And by the way, it’s the taxpayer. Somebody’s paying for these drugs… It’s the taxpayers that end up paying for some of them. And those are our constituents.” http://www.rawstory.com/2016/02/desp...price-gouging/
    Let's see if I got this. Government spends tax payer money to enforce patent laws awarded to pharmaceutical companies that created them to have monopolies on their drugs that allows pharma companies to charge whatever they want for their federally protected drugs and then government in turn uses more tax payer money to help pay for those drugs that got so expensive from the patent laws they awarded them that allowed them to jack up the prices in the first place. Did I get that right? If I did, I have to agree with Shkreli. Those reps are imbeciles.
    Last edited by farreri; 02-04-2016 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by farreri View Post
    Let's see if I got this. Government spends tax payer money to enforce patent laws awarded to pharmaceutical companies that created them to have monopolies on their drugs that allows pharma companies to charge whatever they want for their federally protected drugs and then government in turn uses more tax payer money to help pay for those drugs that got so expensive from the patent laws they awarded them that allowed them to jack up the prices in the first place. Did I get that right? If I did, I have to agree with Shkreli. Those reps are imbeciles.
    Yes and we allow every single part of it.
    "One thing my years in Washington taught me is that most politicians are followers, not leaders. Therefore we should not waste time and resources trying to educate politicians. Politicians will not support individual liberty and limited government unless and until they are forced to do so by the people," says Ron Paul."