Thread: Finland is showing women how not to get raped-video

Finland is showing women how not to get raped-video

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Mittens or a 9mm...
    Mittens or a 9mm...
    decisions, decisions.
    Hmm. I don't know after watching this video, I think I'm going to go with the mittens.

They have to tell women to say no?
    Good idea, geniuses, since saying no is pretty effective at preventing even intentionally getting raped.

There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Those are cool mittens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

But what happens if the rapey-raper doesn't have severe allergic reactions to wool?

A handful of peanuts maybe?
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

i wonder if that would work on an overly agressive cop....

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    i wonder if that would work on an overly agressive cop....
    Don't be silly, THROW DOWN DONUTS AND THEN RUN AWAY (in the EU, you might have to use doughnuts instead.)
    Last edited by FindLiberty; 02-04-2016 at 12:46 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think my brain just melted.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

And now for something completely different rather similar ...

How not to get raped be seen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTQYEkIvN2M
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 02-05-2016 at 11:27 AM.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Giving her a gun would be more effective. Oh, and stopping immigration.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Do they teach how to say it in Arabic?

When can I get a pair of those power mittens?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    When can I get a pair of those power mittens?
    Right away.

Find woman.

Rape woman.

Abscond with mittens.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Right away.

Find woman.

Rape woman.

Abscond with mittens.
    You mean we can't buy them?

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Do they teach how to say it in Arabic?
    Maybe ...

h/t LRC: Force German Children to Learn Arabic says a left-wing, tax-eating professor.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So THAT'S how you do it...
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

h/t LRC: https://www.lewrockwell.com/2016/02/.../rape-not-bad/

The Good Humor Rapist
    http://takimag.com/article/the_good_...vid_cole/print
    David Cole (11 February 2016)

One of the biggest viral stories on social media last week was a laughably idiotic Finnish “how to” video that ostensibly demonstrates the proper way for women to defend themselves against rapists. The video, produced by state-run broadcaster Yle, reveals the top three police-certified methods that women should use against an attacker: “No,” “Push,” and “Handbag.”

[...]

Facebook users from around the world have pilloried Yle’s official page with hundreds of derisive comments. Several Americans have commented to the effect of “It won’t be long before these types of videos are forced upon us here.”

“Won’t be long”? Have some faith in your country, why don’t ya? The U.S. under Obama may no longer lead the world in areas like science and technology, but dammit we’re still No. 1 where it counts—social justice! U.S. government leftists produced a much worse version of that Finnish video, and they did it back in 2013. Yes, our politically correct social engineers beat the Finns to the punch by three whole years. And the production of our “nonviolent rape defense” video wasn’t left to a bunch of glorified Youtubers pushing buttons at a state-run TV station. Our “be kind to rapists” video was produced by the United States Department of Defense! And it makes the Finnish video look like a Charles Bronson film.

The Defense Equal Opportunity Management Institute (DEOMI), headquartered at Patrick Air Force Base in Florida, is the “social justice” educational arm of the U.S. Department of Defense. It was created in 1971 as the Defense Race Relations Institute. In 1979, under President Carter, the name was changed to DEOMI, and the mandate was expanded to combat “racism, sexism, and intolerance.” Tens of thousands of U.S. military personnel and civilians graduate from DEOMI’s courses. DEOMI serves all branches of the armed forces. The DEOMI commandant, a political appointee, answers to the Under Secretary of Defense for Personnel and Readiness.

In June 2012, Capt. Yolanda Y. Reagans became DEOMI’s first black female commandant. And in January 2013, DEOMI debuted an instructional video that has to be seen to be believed. Titled “Bystander Intervention Training,” the video introduced Americans to the nine points of “nonviolent action” that can stop a murderer or rapist cold in his tracks. Forget guns. Forget knives. Forget karate, pepper spray, or even Finnish handbags. These nine government-approved courses of action are all anyone needs (or should be allowed to use) in response to a rape or murder in progress.

The video opens with a startlingly brutal cartoon re-creation of the murder of Catherine “Kitty” Genovese, the 28-year-old woman whose rape and murder in a Queens neighborhood in 1964 sparked national soul-searching after it was reported that neighbors ignored her cries for help. Genovese was stabbed repeatedly in the back by a stranger named Winston Moseley, who then raped her as she lay dying. Moseley was a serial killer and necrophiliac whose “thing” was to stab a woman and rape her as she bled out. Ideally, he’d try to climax at the moment his victim passed.

I’ll admit, initially I was baffled that a government-led agency, one commanded by a black Obama appointee, would choose to dramatize the Genovese murder. Genovese was white, Moseley was black, and the “cartoon” doesn’t hide that fact. In retrospect, I think I understand why the Genovese case was chosen, but I’ll get to that later.

After dramatizing the Genovese murder, the video presents the nine nonviolent actions that one should take if confronted by a rapist/murderer/necrophiliac like Moseley. Here are the nine points, verbatim. No, this is not satire:

(1) Name or Acknowledge the Offense
    (2) Identify the Obvious
    (3) Interrupt Behavior
    (4) Publicly Support the Aggrieved Person
    (5) Use Body Language
    (6) Carefully Use Humor
    (7) Encourage Dialogue
    (8) Ease Strong Feelings
    (9) Call for Help

The video’s narrator, a young “woman of color” who initially appears in civilian clothing only to morph into full uniform at the video’s end (damn, I should have said “spoiler alert”), explains that although “assault or rape” is the first thing that comes to mind when “bystander intervention” is involved, these strategies can also be used to combat “harassment, hazing, or discrimination in its infancy.” As ludicrous as the Finnish video is, this one is a hundred bad miles of worse. “Humor”? “Body language”? “Dialogue”? “Easing strong feelings”? In the face of an attack by someone like Winston Moseley? At least the Finnish video allows the victim to touch the prospective rapist. The Department of Defense video prohibits any physical contact. Because of course any serial-killing necrophiliac rapist will respond well to “humor.” I’m surprised the video didn’t come with an accompanying book of jokes to help break the ice.

In a wonderfully ironic twist, the government’s video about defeating a rapist with humor was itself defeated with humor. In March 2013 I produced a parody video (in association with Eric Porvaznik of Threedonia) demonstrating exactly how it would look if a bystander stumbling upon a violent rape-murder in progress tried to use the government’s “nine points” to defuse the situation. The parody video was carried far and wide by sites like The Daily Caller and Independent Journal Review. Within days I was contacted by “Equal Opportunity Leadership Instructor” SFC Michael Patterson, who scolded me for producing a satirical video that harmed “an organization that promotes dignity and respect for all” (especially serial rapists who enjoy hearing jokes while they work). Due to the response to my parody, DEOMI pulled the original video from public view. Fortunately, one or two folks saved copies before it vanished down the memory hole (a spokesperson for DEOMI refused last week to comment on whether the video is still in use privately).

[... continued at link: http://takimag.com/article/the_good_...vid_cole/print ...]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jbn6MDJGOE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50kdjV000x0

I dunno about magic mittens or whatever that ^^^ crap means but my dad gave me lots of self defense talks and all of his tips were extremely violent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.