Thread: Let's Make A Deal (who will be the VP)

Let's Make A Deal (who will be the VP)

As candidates start dropping out of the primary, often deals are made for future political gain. Of course this doesn't mean the gain will be a potential VP spot next to the candidate but with Rand out of the presidential race, it may be fun to play a game and make current running-mate predictions. I don't believe Rand made a deal with anyone, though that doesn't mean he won't be asked to be a running-mate. I will suggest that currently 3 Rs and 2 Ds have a realistic chance at the nomination though I welcome any additional candidate pairings.

1) Ted Cruz -
    2) Donald Trump -
    3) Marco Rubio -

4) Hillary Clinton -
    5) Bernie Sanders -

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    My guesses:

1) Cruz & Rand (maybe wishful thinking)
    2) Trump & Nikki Haley
    3) Rubio & Kasich (though Bush will get a job in this admin)

4) Hillary & Tom Vilsack
    5) Bernie & Hillary (she will cut a deal by threatening to drag out the primary)
    Last edited by TommyJeff; 02-04-2016 at 07:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyJeff View Post
    My guesses:

1) Cruz & Rand (maybe wishful thinking)
    2) Trump & Santorum
    3) Rubio & Kasich (though Bush will get a job in this admin)

4) Hillary & Tom Vilsack
    5) Bernie & Hillary (she will cut a deal by threatening to drag out the primary)

Not after Santorum endorsed Rubio

So here is mine

Cruz + Trump
    Trump + Cruz
    Rubio + Santorum
    Hillary + O'Malley
    Bernie + O'Malley

Quote Originally Posted by Fivezeroes View Post
    Not after Santorum endorsed Rubio
    Oops. I missed that. I will edit my post with a better guess. Thank for playing

Rand would bring authenticity to Cruz as his running mate, and Rand would bring substance to Trump as his running mate. Rand could also attract independents as the VP for either a Cruz or Trump ticket, something that neither could do on their own.
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

Quote Originally Posted by Peace&Freedom View Post
    Rand would bring authenticity to Cruz as his running mate, and Rand would bring substance to Trump as his running mate. Rand could also attract independents as the VP for either a Cruz or Trump ticket, something that neither could do on their own.
    Problem is Rand would likely never endorse Trump, or Cruz. But then again stranger things have happened.... Frothy just endorsed Rubio...

Here are some pundits predicting Trump's potential VP. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zc86tWErqoc

1) Ted Cruz - Goldman Sachs
    2) Donald Trump - TBA on new prime time special, The VP.
    3) Marco Rubio - Goldman Sachs

4) Hillary Clinton - Goldman Sachs
    5) Bernie Sanders - Warren (Goldman Sachs poorly disguised as a Native American)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post

5) Bernie Sanders - Warren (Goldman Sachs poorly disguised as a Native American)

I needed this laugh.

LOL @ Trump's reality tv show idea. Maybe he will have 'The VP' program even if he's not nominated.

1) Ted Cruz - Ken Cuccinelli
    2) Donald Trump - Janice Dickinson
    3) Marco Rubio - John Kasich

4) Hillary Clinton - Corey Booker
    5) Bernie Sanders - Elizabeth Warren

(But I like Suz's predictions better)
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

lolz! Honestly, he could just call it the next season of "The Apprentice"
    I too have been a close observer of the doings of the Bank of the United States...When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank...You are a den of vipers and thieves. I have determined to rout you out, and by the Eternal, I will rout you out!

Andrew Jackson, 1834

1) Ted Cruz - Nikki Haley
    2) Donald Trump - Oprah (because he still thinks this is a reality show)
    3) Marco Rubio - Carly Fiorina (they're ideological twins)
    4) Hillary Clinton - Julian Castro (to lock down the Latino vote and make Texas and Arizona competitive)
    5) Bernie Sanders - Elizabeth Warren
    Rand Paul 2016
    Justin Amash 2024
    Thomas Massie 2032

Check out Matthew Vines' Reformation Project!

It'll never happen, but if Trump were the nominee he should definitely want Rand Paul for VP to act as his "brain".
    He keeps saying he wants all the best guys and garbled as Trump's foreign policy is, Rand is the only one that knew ahead of time that the Iraq war was a mistake and that Libya was a mistake.
    As Cheney was "Bush's brain", Rand could be "Trump's brain".

If Rand had to resign his Senate seat to be on the ticket for a general election the R's are definitely going to lose, there's no way the party hacks would go for it.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by willwash View Post
    lolz! Honestly, he could just call it the next season of "The Apprentice"
    Or "The Biggest Loser"
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.