Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Buzzfeed hit piece on Rand staff: "Why Rand Paul Lost"

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Who armed ISIS, started fracking oil and subsidizing ethanol, and took out Iraq to bail out our economy by liquidating other markets by fiat currency manipulation and oil market manipulation. Turn your tv off if you think ISIS is there just because they are bad guys, they are there for oil money, and we are the ones that armed them.
    Again what the hell are you babbling about? I know the U.S. indirectly armed ISIS. That has absolutely nothing to do with question of whether or not Donald Trump is one of the ones pushing for war with Russia over Syria. He absolutely is not.

Edit: Do you think Vladimir Putin is stupid? If Trump was pushing for war with Russia then Putin would not have been complimentary of Trump.

Edit 2: Trump's spokewoman is hot, though a bit of an airhead. "What good is a nuclear triad of if you're afraid to use it?"
    Last edited by jmdrake; 02-06-2016 at 08:26 PM.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Again what the hell are you babbling about? I know the U.S. indirectly armed ISIS. That has absolutely nothing to do with question of whether or not Donald Trump is one of the ones pushing for war with Russia over Syria. He absolutely is not.
    Now i know you are trolling, fine believe the media narrative. Vote for the candidate that's keeping you safe from terrorism. It has nothing to do with control over commodities.

economics fail- demand doesn't come from tv, also prohibition doesn't work no matter how many walls you have. Otherwise there would never be any drugs inside jails.
    where to start... demand? the demand i mentioned was not a function of economics. geez

and prohibition would work in this instance... making the precursor is extremely difficult. this isnt pot or alcohol. granted we have to get serious about illegal immigration.

Quote Originally Posted by BenMuldowney View Post
    where to start... demand? the demand i mentioned was not a function of economics. geez

and prohibition would work in this instance... making the precursor is extremely difficult. this isnt pot or alcohol. granted we have to get serious about illegal immigration.
    oh serious so we haven't spent enough on the drug war, we can just spend more money on it. Or use vague statements like "be serious" are you too afraid to tell me the military state that you would create, the prison that wouldn't even keep drugs out. Tell me how its their fault we don't make $#@! here and have factory jobs. You are either closed minded or you are intellectually dishonest.

Now i know you are trolling, fine believe the media narrative. Vote for the candidate that's keeping you safe from terrorism. It has nothing to do with control over commodities.
    Now I know you're smoking meth. I haven't at all endorsed Donald Trump. You've made a claim for which you have given no evidence which is that Trump is pushing for war with Russia. He could be but you have not made that case one bit. This has nothing to do with "believing the media narrative." The "media narrative" is that we should take out Assad because he's a "bad guy." The "media narrative" is that the "hawks won" when Rand Paul dropped out because, supposedly, Donald Trump is so "tough on terrorism". It is you that is actually pushing the media narrative.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Without eminent domain, we wouldn't have schools, roads, etc. It's absolutely necessary.

Sounds like something a progressive democrat would say. Bet you can't guess who said it today?
    Let me guess? He has the same first name as a certain Disney duck and his last name rhymes with Rump? ^That is one of the reasons why I can't vote for Trump. But I do agree with his stated position, which so far has not been contravened by actual evidence, that he doesn't want to intervene in Syria.

Dude you're hopeless and clueless.

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...main-wonderful
    Donald Trump: ‘Eminent Domain Is Wonderful’ Share article on Facebook share Tweet article tweet Plus one article on Google Plus +1 Print Article Email article Adjust font size AA by Jim Geraghty October 7, 2015 3:50 PM Donald Trump sees a simple reason why so many conservatives disagree with him on eminent domain, the controversial power by which the government seizes private land for development projects: They just don’t understand the issue as well as he does. “I fully understand the conservative approach, but I don’t think it was explained to most conservatives,” Trump said in an interview with Fox News’s Bret Baier that aired yesterday. “Nobody knows this better than I do, because I’ve built a lot of buildings in Manhattan and you’ll have twelve sites and you’ll get eleven and you’ll have the one holdout, and you end up building around them. I know it better than anybody.” Eminent domain may seem like an obscure issue, but the Club for Growth Action Fund found it important enough to spotlight in an attack ad against Trump. The ad focused on Trump’s full-throated support for the Supreme Court’s decision in Kelo v. New London, which allowed state and local governments to seize land from one private owner and give it to another private owner to further economic development. Many conservatives saw the decision as expanding the power of elected officials and wealthy developers at the expense of the private landholders who often stand in the way of their ambitions. In a perfect irony, the state and city spent $78 million to purchase and bulldoze the home of Susette Kelo . . . and then the developer couldn’t finance the project. (The site remains an empty lot today.) As Ilya Somin put it, “Trump did not merely claim that the Kelo v. New London decision was legally correct; he argued that it was ‘good’ to give government the power to forcibly displace homeowners and small businesses and transfer their property to influential developers on the theory that doing so might promote ‘economic development.’”​

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...main-wonderful
    LOL really? club for growth? they are big on free trade btw. but i have a "yuuuuuuuuge" problem with how they hit trump up for a million dollar donation and when they didn't get it... they bashed him:

In an interview on Bloomberg TV on June 17, the New York-based real estate mogul said that the small-government group’s president, David McIntosh, had solicited a $1 million donation. Trump’s campaign then released copies of what he labeled “shameless pandering” and a “blatant shakedown”: a pair of letters postmarked June 2 and sent to Trump and his now-campaign manager, Corey Lewandowski.

In the message addressed to Trump, McIntosh wrote, “When we met, you expressed interest in helping to fund the Club for Growth’s efforts to fight for economic freedom. That is why I am hoping you will consider making a most generous contribution of $1 million to the Club for Growth.”

The meeting referenced by the letter occurred on May 26—the same day as the grand opening of Trump Golf Links at Ferry Point, N.Y.—when the soon-to-be presidential candidate and the former Indiana congressman met for half an hour at Trump Tower in Manhattan.

Trump did not end up making a contribution of any size to the group, and three weeks later, after Trump announced his candidacy, it issued a press statement trashing him. Club for Growth declared that it would not produce a white paper examining Trump’s record, as it does for other Republican presidential candidates, because he “should not be declared taken seriously as a GOP candidate and should not be included in the debates.”

To Trump and his loyalists, this statement appeared spiteful and raised an obvious pay-for-play issue. Lewandowski told RealClearPolitics that the Club for Growth’s unfavorable announcement shows the “two-faced hypocrisy” of the Washington establishment. “If Trump could have written a million-dollar check, they would have come out and said, ‘Oh, Mr. Trump is the greatest candidate since Ronald Reagan, and we agree with everything he says,’” he added.

Now I know you're smoking meth. I haven't at all endorsed Donald Trump. You've made a claim for which you have given no evidence which is that Trump is pushing for war with Russia. He could be but you have not made that case one bit. This has nothing to do with "believing the media narrative." The "media narrative" is that we should take out Assad because he's a "bad guy." The "media narrative" is that the "hawks won" when Rand Paul dropped out because, supposedly, Donald Trump is so "tough on terrorism". It is you that is actually pushing the media narrative.
    No I don't buy the governments narrative on the middle east. It's not about weapons of mass destruction, terrorism or, their new buzz word Radical islam. If there was no oil in the middle east we wouldn't be there.

oh serious so we haven't spent enough on the drug war, we can just spend more money on it. Or use vague statements like "be serious" are you too afraid to tell me the military state that you would create, the prison that wouldn't even keep drugs out. Tell me how its their fault we don't make $#@! here and have factory jobs. You are either closed minded or you are intellectually dishonest.
    protecting our borders from mexican drug cartels is a police state? you guys are smoking meth. keep the illegal drug cartels out of our country and you have solved about 95% of the meth problem.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    protecting our borders from mexican drug cartels is a police state? you guys are smoking meth. keep the illegal drug cartels out of our country and you have solved about 95% of the meth problem.
    You're doing the same thing as Trump, you have fuzzy math you give me a solution to a problem that is magic. You say 2 + 2 is 5, but without telling me how you reach that solution. You insinuate that I am too stupid to do the math. It won't work on me, but it will work on others. The illegal drug cartels are filling a void in a market place, if you get rid of those you will just have better quality drugs because they will be made here instead.

There is a demand for drugs. If you restrict supply all you do is drive the price of drugs up. Higher priced drugs create a greater economic incentive for entrepreneurs to find create ways to bring drugs to market. For example, El Chapo created an elaborate distribution system which made him a billionaire. Trying to restrict drugs is the reason there are drug cartels.

You're doing the same thing as Trump, you have fuzzy math you give me a solution to a problem that is magic. You say 2 + 2 is 5, but without telling me how you reach that solution. You insinuate that I am too stupid to do the math. It won't work on me, but it will work on others. The illegal drug cartels are filling a void in a market place, if you get rid of those you will just have better quality drugs because they will be made here instead.
    off hand i would say local lab meth was much more toxic than the mexican batches (which are more pure). the cmea of 2005 made it much more difficult for local labs to make it. but you are welcome to explain how local labs are going to get substantial supplies of the precursors. this should be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    There is a demand for drugs. If you restrict supply all you do is drive the price of drugs up. Higher priced drugs create a greater economic incentive for entrepreneurs to find create ways to bring drugs to market. For example, El Chapo created an elaborate distribution system which made him a billionaire. Trying to restrict drugs is the reason there are drug cartels.
    yes.. i know this... and i would agree if we were discussing alcohol or pot. but good luck getting the meth precursors.... you can not make those locally.
    Last edited by BenMuldowney; 02-06-2016 at 09:11 PM.

yes.. i know this... and i would agree if we were discussing alcohol or pot. but good luck getting the meth precursors.... you can not make those locally.
    There is no legitimate moral or cost-benefit argument for the drug war. The drug war is the most evil and destructive thing the government does. I can see why you support Trump. You fundamentally don't understand freedom.

off hand i would say local lab meth was much more toxic than the mexican batches (which are more pure). the cmea of 2005 made it much more difficult for local labs to make it. but you are welcome to explain how local labs are going to get substantial supplies of the precursors. this should be good.
    Why do you keep bringing up meth specifically? Why do you cite specific differences in meth quality off hand? Why do you shift the argument towards me telling you how to make meth. You sound like you know how to make it more then I do. If you just want to have imaginary theatrical arguments instead of actually discussing whether or not prohibition works, then tell me how people get it into prison if there are walls and police watching everything?

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    There is no legitimate moral or cost-benefit argument for the drug war. The drug war is the most evil and destructive thing the government does. I can see why you support Trump. You fundamentally don't understand freedom.
    i am against the current war on drugs, especially the seizure laws. that said i would go after meth hard ... you obviously don't know the first thing about this epidemic. the media under reports the derivative crime from the users. go research it... listen to local police departments... learn how one user can destroy dozens of family members' lives. go see what happens to little kids of meth addicts... or the addicted born babies. it is a very evil drug.. this isnt alcohol... this isnt pot.

this is part of the reason i am adamantly anti-illegal immigration. cut off the cartels access into this country and you have knocked out 80% or 90% of the distribution. locals can not manufacture the precursors and therefore will have trouble making enough to supply a client base.

Why do you keep bringing up meth specifically? Why do you cite specific differences in meth quality off hand? Why do you shift the argument towards me telling you how to make meth. You sound like you know how to make it more then I do. If you just want to have imaginary theatrical arguments instead of actually discussing whether or not prohibition works, then tell me how people get it into prison if there are walls and police watching everything?
    because i keep getting questions about it.

so you think we could not stop illegal immigration if we built a wall and it was an actual priority of the govt? im all for bringing home our troops from illegal wars and having them defend our southern border. but you know this would not work?
    Last edited by BenMuldowney; 02-06-2016 at 09:40 PM.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    because i keep getting questions about it. i initially brought it up while discussing illegal immigration.

so you think we could not stop illegal immigration if we built a wall and it was an actual priority of the govt? im all for bringing home our troops from illegal wars and having them defend our southern border. but you know this would not work?
    I've never advocated for putting troops on the border, but I also never advocated about putting priority on the war on drugs because that's a progressive democrats policy, that's what Bill Clinton did.

I've never advocated for putting troops on the border, but I also never advocated about putting priority on the war on drugs because that's a progressive democrats policy, that's what Bill Clinton did.
    so do nothing about meth use? just let all of these people die and take family members with them? good call dude.

so do nothing about meth use? just let all of these people die and take family members with them? good call dude.
    No, we treat people with drug addiction with medical help, we treat it like alcohol, we treat it like a disease not a crime.

No, we treat people with drug addiction with medical help, we treat it like alcohol, we treat it like a disease not a crime.
    do you know the success rates of treatment for meth addicts? smh

do you know the success rates of treatment for meth addicts? smh
    Yeah because putting them in jail and giving them a felony record helps them succeed in life.

So why aren't people who take Adderall losing hair and teeth and turning into skeletor? Why isn't the massive prescription of Adderall devastating our schools where it's regularly consumed?

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    So why aren't people who take Adderall losing hair and teeth and turning into skeletor? Why isn't the massive prescription of Adderall devastating our schools where it's regularly consumed?
    It's not about the substance, it's about the double standards. We put people in jail longer for crack cocaine then powder, whos the people that do the powder stuff? The rich, if you were to take a "serious" tone on drugs like he is suggesting it would require a police state, we would have to put people in jail like charlie sheen for just talking about it or texting about it on their phones. It still wouldn't stop it from getting created, you're not going to cure addiction without curing addiction. Everything else you suggest you are doing in the name of curing addiction is just making profit prisons and drug companies richer.

Why do you keep bringing up meth specifically?
    He appears to have meth on the brain.

btw, your assessment of Drake is quite wrong. Y'all are talking past each other. He is saying that Trump has not expressed a desire to go to war with Russia (Drake is correct) and you are arguing that a logical examination of Trump's policies....IF carried out....is likely to lead to war with Russia whether he 'wants' it or not (also correct).

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's not about the substance, it's about the double standards. We put people in jail longer for crack cocaine then powder, whos the people that do the powder stuff? The rich, if you were to take a "serious" tone on drugs like he is suggesting it would require a police state, we would have to put people in jail like charlie sheen for just talking about it or texting about it on their phones. It still wouldn't stop it from getting created, you're not going to cure addiction without curing addiction. Everything else you suggest you are doing in the name of curing addiction is just making profit prisons and drug companies richer.
    What exactly do you think I am advocating here?

Yeah because putting them in jail and giving them a felony record helps them succeed in life.
    let's actually be fair and look at what my actual solution was... securing our borders and cutting off illegal immigration. if we need help doing so bring home the troops from the illegal wars and have them protect our borders. and while you are more concerned for the herks that decided to take this drug... my very first concern is protecting the innocent people most effected by their behaviors. if that involves jail.. so be it. do you guys know how expensive treatment is? who is going to pay for it? we dont have the resources for all of these addicts.

by far the most humane action we can execute for these addicts is to keep the drugs out of their hands. this isnt pot.. this isnt alcohol.... they can not make the precursors as far as i know at this time.

i already addressed this.

He appears to have meth on the brain.

btw, your assessment of Drake is quite wrong. Y'all are talking past each other. He is saying that Trump has not expressed a desire to go to war with Russia (Drake is correct) and you are arguing that a logical examination of Trump's policies....IF carried out....is likely to lead to war with Russia whether he 'wants' it or not (also correct).
    people keep commenting or asking me questions about meth. i know thats hard for you to comprehend.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast