Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Thursday Poll (PPP) shows Trump imploding...Rand decision premature?

New Thursday Poll (PPP) shows Trump imploding...Rand decision premature?

PPP on Thursday will announce a new post-Iowa national poll showing:

Trump 25% (-9 from last PPP poll)
    Cruz 21% (+3)
    Rubio 21% (+8)

I believe the Trump act is starting to wear thin. He's imploding as short-attention-span-America tires of the novelty. This could be a two-man race in no time. (Clearly, the establishment/media is all-in for Rubio, as I predicted two years ago, and therefore he's the clear favorite.)

As such, Rand's voice could've been much more exposed much sooner than expected. I wish he had the stomach to continue with a bare-bones campaign and snag a spot as the 3rd or 4th wheel on future debate stages as the deck reshuffles and the field quickly whittles.

It's not about winning. It never was. It's about continuing to change the culture ("start brushfires") in a more libertarian direction, and a presence on that stage only fosters that. Winning follows.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I really wish he had stayed in and I cant see why he didn't!

Chester Copperpot

Quote Originally Posted by spikel View Post
    he has a senate seat to worry about this year

As we all said, nat'l polls mean nothing when Trump is running into NH @ 38% and Curz is mostly @ 14% at this point with the Rube a few points under. This primary is what will propel Trump into the south and the SEC contests ftw and beyond. It is what it is.

I have a feeling that the KY race will be entertaining, more entertaining then the general election. The guy they are sending in is probably hand picked to run against him and will undoubtedly even get support/endorsements from Clinton/Sanders. He seems to check all the "boxes" like Marco Rubio does for republicans.

He should've stayed in past NH.

I thought his senate challenger was gay? Also Rand should not have stayed in. He has done enough, but admittedly not done enough that was effective.

it would have been futile. Regardless of the candidates implosion he would have been stuck at <5% because the media wouldn't even mention his name.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by trey4sports View Post
    it would have been futile. Regardless of the candidates implosion he would have been stuck at <5% because the media wouldn't even mention his name.
    If you are playing the Donald Trump drinking game then congratulations you are an alcoholic.

Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    As we all said, nat'l polls mean nothing when Trump is running into NH @ 38% and Curz is mostly @ 14% at this point with the Rube a few points under. This primary is what will propel Trump into the south and the SEC contests ftw and beyond. It is what it is.
    Rubio is rising. It's inevitable. He's their golden boy.

And Trump will likely fade quick. The bloom is off the rose. Skipping that debate was the stupidest campaign move ever. Even if Trump wins NH, it won't be by 20 points with 38%. It'll be much closer, so the media will portray it as a loss, which will further accelerate his implosion. He will drop like a rock. He will whine as only he can. Then his support will go to Rubio.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    I have a feeling that the KY race will be entertaining, more entertaining then the general election. The guy they are sending in is probably hand picked to run against him and will undoubtedly even get support/endorsements from Clinton/Sanders. He seems to check all the "boxes" like Marco Rubio does for republicans.
    Anything's possible, but I doubt a gay mayor in Kentucky will pose a serious challenge to Rand, who is very popular there.

Quote Originally Posted by Chester Copperpot View Post
    he has a senate seat to worry about this year
    He could start campaigning in September and still win by at least 10 points. Rand has his reasons for dropping out, the Senate race was way down on that list.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

He wouldn't have gotten into the next debate, and after a bottom finish in NH and SC, no momentum at all.

Reality is he made the right decision.

Quote Originally Posted by gee_blee View Post
    It's not about winning. It never was. It's about continuing to change the culture ("start brushfires") in a more libertarian direction, and a presence on that stage only fosters that. Winning follows.
    For once it actually was.

We aren't starting brush-fires anymore, we are electing them. We need more of them at local, state, and national levels.

Rand can focus on supporting newcomers.
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    The evangelical dynamics that worked against Trump in Iowa will be even harder on him in the South. To be honest I have no idea why nobody has started running TV commercial of Donald Trump kissing Rudy Giuliani in drag. That would kill the Trump campaign. That and someone needs to start running TV ads quoting from page 102 of Trump's book "The America We Deserve" where he calls for a ban on assault rifles. Trump acting like a crybaby after losing Iowa is hurting him all over talk radio right now. The meme is "Trump is thin skinned." (It's a good thing Ron Paul didn't contest the Iowa results in 2012 like some here wanted him to do.) I bet Trump is imploding in New Hampshire. Regardless a big win in New Hampshire will not "propel" him anywhere. He's already expected to win New Hampshire so it won't cause any big news stir. New Hampshire is no more important than Iowa. It's quirky left just like Iowa is quirky right. Between the two you get somewhat of a picture of a cross section of voters. When a candidate wins both he or she is pretty much a shoe in to win the nomination. When he only wins one, it's kind of meaningless. Hillary won (barely) Iowa. She'll lose (massively) in New Hampshire. That doesn't mean Bernie Sanders is guaranteed to be the democrat nominee. (Though I do hope he beats Hillary. For one thing I can't stand her. For another her Syria policy is why we have ISIS. And for a third Sanders can actually beat the GOP nominee and Hillary with all her baggage cannot. If we get president Trump or Cruz we're stuck with them, at least from a GOP nomination point of view, for 8 years.)
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It doesn't matter. Those leaving Trump wouldn't have gone to Rand anyway. Still I hope Trump goes away sooner than later. Doesn't he have a new TV season to do or something?

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    The evangelical dynamics that worked against Trump in Iowa will be even harder on him in the South. To be honest I have no idea why nobody has started running TV commercial of Donald Trump kissing Rudy Giuliani in drag. That would kill the Trump campaign. That and someone needs to start running TV ads quoting from page 102 of Trump's book "The America We Deserve" where he calls for a ban on assault rifles. Trump acting like a crybaby after losing Iowa is hurting him all over talk radio right now. The meme is "Trump is thin skinned."
    The reason why they have not talked about that too much is that trump was useful to them. The media and other campaigns will now start to mention this more. The kissing guiliani in drag, the pro chioce, the anti gun, the pro national health care positions will all come out of the word work. With Rand dropping out before NH the media is going to start tearing people down, besides rubio of course.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    It doesn't matter. Those leaving Trump wouldn't have gone to Rand anyway. Still I hope Trump goes away sooner than later. Doesn't he have a new TV season to do or something?
    I really don't care at this point if he (Trump) stays or goes, I have no dog in this hunt. The consensus here seems to be Rand did the right thing dropping out early, I don't see it myself but it's his decision to make.
    Last edited by Origanalist; 02-04-2016 at 08:22 AM.

Well, premature or not, fact is Paul isn't in the race anymore, so his standing in the polls isn't relevant anymore when he's not running now.

Good luck guys, all of you have been predicting the Trump implosion since July. Not gonna happen, Can't Stump The Trump! https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MKH6PAoUuD0

Quote Originally Posted by YoBabyYoBabyYo View Post
    Good luck guys, all of you have been predicting the Trump implosion since July.
    Trump lost in Iowa a few days ago.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Don't waste anymore time on this.

Rand is not going to win presidential election in 2016.

Big deal, Cruz had to cheat to win there. Anyways Trump will win NH and SC with ease.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think Trump will fall to 2nd place with Rubio winning NH--NH polls change fast. Trump's weakness has been that his inevitability and greatness is only perception since actual votes are proving that not to be the case. SC, the state that elects Lindsey Graham, will have no problem voting for Rubio either.
    Last edited by EBounding; 02-04-2016 at 08:17 AM.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

I can't wait until Wednesday of next week to prove you wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by YoBabyYoBabyYo View Post
    I can't wait until Wednesday of next week to prove you wrong!
    Because he's going to make "Murica Great Again! Amirite? Somebody give me a hell ya!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    I have a feeling that the KY race will be entertaining, more entertaining then the general election. The guy they are sending in is probably hand picked to run against him and will undoubtedly even get support/endorsements from Clinton/Sanders. He seems to check all the "boxes" ....
    Quote Originally Posted by wetroof View Post
    I thought his senate challenger was gay? ....
    Like nikcers said... he checks ALL the boxes.
    There is only one success -- to be able to spend your life in your own way.
    -- Christopher Morley (1890 - 1957)

Trump is far, far, far from out of this race, especially after he wins NH with double the vote of the nearest competition
    I too have been a close observer of the doings of the Bank of the United States...When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank...You are a den of vipers and thieves. I have determined to rout you out, and by the Eternal, I will rout you out!

Andrew Jackson, 1834

Quote Originally Posted by spikel View Post
    Because staying in would have required him to concentrate his time and effort on something unproductive rather than countless other better things he could be doing for the next few months.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast