Thread: Insanity: doing the same thing over and over, expecting different results

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over, expecting different results

Now that Rand has bowed out, can we finally discuss the immorality of helping to choose someone to rule our neighbors?
    "Sorry, fellows, the rebellion is off. We couldn't get a rebellion permit."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Unfortunately, most people will continue to cling to their unrealistic expectations of, and misplaced faith in the State's political system.
    Radical in the sense of being in total, root-and-branch opposition to the existing political system and to the State itself. Radical in the sense of having integrated intellectual opposition to the State with a gut hatred of its pervasive and organized system of crime and injustice. Radical in the sense of a deep commitment to the spirit of liberty and anti-statism that integrates reason and emotion, heart and soul. - M. Rothbard

Quote Originally Posted by Tod View Post
    Now that Rand has bowed out, can we finally discuss the immorality of helping to choose someone to rule our neighbors?
    Do you only take pain meds only when its guaranteed to take all the pain away? Yea, the pain would most likely not ever going to go away but I don't think its an insane idea to employ methods which might alleviate said pain.

Also do you have a better idea than what we are doing?

This is why we need to keep talking and be loud about it. The people who demand to represent us in Washington need to get the message loud and clear that we are fed up and are not going to support the status quo.

Rand is just one guy. There are many of us who embrace ideals of personal liberty and limited government. Maybe we need to start throwing our efforts into getting bad Senators and Congressmen out of office. Start in Tennessee. Alexander, Corker, and Cooper need to go.
    Last edited by euphemia; 02-03-2016 at 02:37 PM.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Do you only take pain meds only when its guaranteed to take all the pain away? Yea, the pain would most likely not ever going to go away but I don't think its an insane idea to employ methods which might alleviate said pain.

^This.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Perhaps we should talk about the "immorality" of charity, as it never permanently helps, but often makes things worse in the long run.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

My basic thought as far as politics is to go more lobbyist oriented given the movements small size.

This is essentially what CFL is doing at the corporate level. Instead of trying to deploy ourselves into the vast field of electoral politics and monitor and infiltrate each party, becoming precinct captains, all the while trying to sneak in a candidate I think we should focus on engaging people currently in office. Get out of this box of trying to get our guys in power and instead devise ways to put political pressure on people in power. This would give us metrics of success outside of election cycles and polls and would be a more direct fight against/for laws that are actually in play instead of presenting a "platform".

With a platform we're trying to address ideas. With lobbying for/against legislation we're addressing action, and we only need to go into the ideas necessary to explain why we're taking the action.

Rand is a great asset for this kind of strategy as well as other liberty candidates in office.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

Perhaps we should talk about the "immorality" of charity, as it never permanently helps, but often makes things worse in the long run.
    Actually, that is very untrue. Charity frequently permanently helps. I know that because I have, in the past, been a recipient of it from a friend and it got me past a tight spot. Likewise, I have been a donor that has permanently helped someone out of a situation.

On the other hand, I never have the right to help force a ruler on anyone; my rights stop short of that.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Do I take pain meds which are guaranteed NOT to work, is a better question, but the real question is: Why would I take part in choosing someone to do something that they have no right to do in the first place?

Charity: non-violent, non-compulsory, non-coercive, non-mandatory, consensual, non-monopolistic, voluntary
    State: violent, compulsory, coercive, mandatory, non-consensual, monopolistic, non-voluntary
    Last edited by Cabal; 02-04-2016 at 06:09 PM.
    Radical in the sense of being in total, root-and-branch opposition to the existing political system and to the State itself. Radical in the sense of having integrated intellectual opposition to the State with a gut hatred of its pervasive and organized system of crime and injustice. Radical in the sense of a deep commitment to the spirit of liberty and anti-statism that integrates reason and emotion, heart and soul. - M. Rothbard

I think that the only way to defeat the system is from within the system.

Who Says It's About Choosing Rulers?

That is a total strawman. No one who sincerely believes in returning to a constitutional republic wants to vote for people to rule our neighbors. What we want are public servants who protect our God-given rights by punishing those who wish to violate those rights because of their false sense of autonomy (which is what anarcho-capitalism is based on, anyway). It has nothing to do with wanting rulers over us; it's about the rule of law (which is based on Divine Law, ultimately).
    "Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    I think that the only way to defeat the system is from within the system.
    The system wants you to participate, which is why it is constantly encouraging your participation.

"If I determine the enemy's disposition of forces while I have no perceptible form, I can concentrate my forces while the enemy is fragmented. The pinnacle of military deployment approaches the formless: if it is formless, then even the deepest spy cannot discern it nor the wise make plans against it."
    -- Sun Tzu, The Art of War

I don't know about you, but Aspirin doesn't do $#@! for me.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    I don't know about you, but Aspirin doesn't do $#@! for me.
    Don't worry, it should lower the risk of you having yet another stroke. Hopefully, this time you won't be trying to post a comment when it happens

Don't worry, it should lower the risk of you having yet another stroke.
    Maybe so. But it sure as $#@! doesn't do anything for the phantom pain where my leg used to be prior to 'nam
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rand 2020 will surely be the charm

Putting aside the fact that it would be undesirable to establish an anarcho-capitalist society (wouldn't work, would collapse immediately), how would you do so?