Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ron, Rand, Ted

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Ron endorsing Ted Cruz was the biggest mistake of his life, a bigger mistake IMO than Rand endorsing Romney.

Sorry you got caught up in it.

Honestly I would prefer Trump over that snake Cruz with his Goldman Sachs, CFR and Bush buddies, but I'm not voting for anybody who hasn't suspended their campaign.
    No, it's not. If they hadn't done that, we would have SENATOR Dewhurst. While Ted has about an 89% good voting record, Dewhurst's would have been like 20%, if that.

That said, I'm not voting for him. He makes me literally ill.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ron or Rand endorsing someone doesn't mean they're a great candidate, sometimes it could be a situation where it's a good or average candidate but the other person is awful, for example Rand endorsing Enzi who was running against Liz Cheney. Doesn't mean Enzi was a great candidate, it's just that Cheney would have been significantly worse.

The way I look at endorsements is it's usually a well this person is better than the other option.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by robertwerden View Post
    I live in Texas. A few years ago Ron sent people in Texas an email endorsing Ted. So as a ardent Ron Paul supporter I brought my family out to the polls and voted for Ted 3 times so he could be our Senator.

When Ted decided to run for President knowing that Rand was also, I thought Ted was being a dick. What a $#@!ing ass to steal Pauls spot light. Ted flip flopped on liberty issues and stole lots of support that could have gone to Rand. Ted started talking like a neocon, and pissed me off.

Why would Ron endorse Ted? Has he ever endorsed people before that were fake like this? How could Ron be so wrong about Ted?

When I saw Ted win Iowa I thought to my self, 'well at least it was not Trump or Rubio'. Ya I was pissed the missing 15% of Rons vote went elsewhere, but I figured lesser evil was in the form of Ted.

Now Rand drops out after pledging to go onto NH. He said he would compete in NH, why would he say that and then drop out?

I imagine a discussion had to have happened between Rand and his staff. Money, momentum, polls? Something was the reason. Then I started thinking where his support would goto. Im not talking about the couple dozen of us who are still on these forums, i'm talking about the 5%. Obviously there are supporters who do not even come to this forum. Here we are a little more libertarian than most, the purists maybe? I feel a lot of people who are in that 5% will never go for Trump or Rubio. Carson maybe, but no one else. Ted is most likely to see the bump from transfered Paul support.

I started to think about the conversation Paul must have had again with his staff. Maybe there is a strategy? Is Paul dropping out to push support to Ted in order to block Trump and the others?

I don't know the answer, but I am going to do what it takes to block Trump and Rubio. I hope that is what Rand intends. If that means voting for Ted again, Ill do it. It might not be the right choice, but I can't handle Trump winning at all. I can deal with Ted though.
    I agree. It really seems like Ted is the best choice for us liberty-minded voters at this point. I doubt Rand is coordinating with him, but deep down I'm sure he understands Cruz is the next best option.

LOL you guys should post in the suggestions forum for Bryan to open a Ted forum with all the liberty candidates. Also post in the campaign evaluation forum and let the RPFs evaluate his positions:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdi...rty-Candidates
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    LOL you guys should post in the suggestions forum for Bryan to open a Ted forum with all the liberty candidates. Also post in the campaign evaluation forum and let the RPFs evaluate his positions:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdi...rty-Candidates
    Great idea. Ted Cruz is in fact the only GOP candidate with a dedicated libertarian outreach wing, Liberty Leaders for Cruz.

Quote Originally Posted by Erazer View Post
    Great idea. Ted Cruz is in fact the only GOP candidate with a dedicated libertarian outreach wing, Liberty Leaders for Cruz.
    Found the Ted Cruz supporter.

The only thing libertarian about Ted Cruz is....wait no, never mind...full neo con.
    "Our Founders would be ashamed of us!" --Ron Paul, Dr, Rep Congressman from Texas

The idea is for the whole campaign to be libertarian outreach. It shouldn't need an adjunct trying to repackage dog$#@!.
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

Supporting Member
    North Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by Rudeman View Post
    Found the Ted Cruz supporter.
    Smoked him out.
    Equality is a false god.

Armatissimi e Liberissimi

I have the Rand Paul path to victory right here (posted to FB):

"Trump loses in New Hampshire. FOX News takes the opportunity to announce his campaign "dead in the water".

In a childish fit of rage, Trump drops out and endorses Rand Paul. Angering FOX and confusing it's viewers.

Rand Paul shows up at the South Carolina debate in a t-shirt and a Bud in his hand. He delivers a Stone Cold Stunner to both Cruz & Rubio.

Wins South Carolina. History is made.

$#@! It 2016."
    Love it, that's great.

(I cannot believe there are people on this forum who are now going to support Cruz. Unbelievable, obviously you have no idea what you are doing. Sad...).

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    No, it's not. If they hadn't done that, we would have SENATOR Dewhurst. While Ted has about an 89% good voting record, Dewhurst's would have been like 20%, if that.
    Who cares? If Cruz had never made it to the Senate, Rand may have won Iowa!

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    I'm going to vote for Cruz now. I'm not thrilled about it and won't be defending him. But I guess he is better than the other choices.
    Good for you. Maybe your kids will be lucky enough to be drafted for free entrance into the Middle East Glowing Sand theme park. It is equipped with all these awesome attractions, like destroyed families, millions dead and injured, and (HOW CAN YOU FORGET THE BEST PART) glowing sand!

Yes- Vote Cruz. Carpet bomb everything from Italy to India. Make that sand glow!

Quote Originally Posted by JJ2 View Post
    Who cares? If Cruz had never made it to the Senate, Rand may have won Iowa!
    Trump would have won, unfortunately.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Trump would have won, unfortunately.
    I think the most significant impact Cruz had, and will have on the election is that he caused Carson to place under Rubio. I think that will boost Rubio to get all of the neocon votes. He got a top 3 showing which is basically a win for a neocon in Iowa...

Quote Originally Posted by waxtats View Post
    Cruz is the default next choice for me. Then Rubio. You can't beat the democrats otherwise. As soon as Rand was out, my mission became singular. DUMP TRUMP!
    You're quote "You can't beat the democrats otherwise", shows you have fallen for the proposition there exists a two party system. With a few exceptions, we are under a one party system, lets refer to them as Republicrats. There will be absolutely no difference in the administrations of Rubio or Clinton.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12