View Poll Results: Who will you support as POTUS?

Voters
208. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cruz

23 11.06%
  • Trump

31 14.90%
  • LP / CP

72 34.62%
  • Not voting

63 30.29%
  • Bernie

17 8.17%
  • Hillary

2 0.96%
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Who will you support after Rand's campaign suspension?

After this some might just say ^&*! it, I will just vote for the guy with the hottest wife
    Which would be a choice between Rubio and Trump.

Jeanette Rubio

Claim to fame: a Miami Dolphins Cheerleader

Melania Trump

Claim to fame: Supermodel

Hey if you can't get good government might as well get some eye candy in the next 4 years.

I am of coarse just joking around on a sad day
    Et cognoscetis veritatem et veritas liberabit vos

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by charrob View Post
    Cruz wants to light up the middle east and "see the sand glow" as well as carpet bomb Syria. He also stated he wants regime change in Iran which means world war with Russia.

Feeding red meat like this to the base is what wins the republican primary.

Trump stated the OPPOSITE in the video posted above. It goes completely against what the republican base wants to hear.

That took guts. If "winning" was all that mattered, he wouldn't have said the words in that video.
    Trump has stated that he wants to "bomb the s*it out of ISIS." How is that any better than Cruz's position? And he's far, far worse than Cruz on economics and civil liberties. He doesn't even believe in private property, as evidenced by his support for eminent domain. I'm not going to condemn anyone for who they support. You're certainly free to support Trump if you want to. I'm just making the argument that if you look at the totality of the issues, he's far more anti liberty than Cruz.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by YoBabyYoBabyYo View Post
    Donald J Trump! Come on guys Cruz is a Wolf in Sheeps clothing. Could not even be bothered to vote for the Audit of The Fed. He is owned by Goldman Sachs, no thank you.
    I hope you are not just here to push trump.. most here will not be receptive to that.
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

I hate to say it but I think I like Trump. I like his proposed tax rates and speaking of wanting to break NAFTA.

Whether that stuff happens is another story.

Quote Originally Posted by WQuantrill View Post
    For one, Trump would never permanently endanger his business interests like he has, so as to appease the Clintons. He recently had a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame defaced with a swastika.

Based on my research, Trump is running for two primary reasons.

1. Legacy, in that his name becomes truly immortal as a POTUS.

2. He has come to the sober realization that his extensive empire will be worth zilch if society falls apart. As narcissistic as Trump is, he truly fears for the future of his family as a French Revolution scenario approaches.

I think it's a bit too late for that now. He has already damaged his brand, no longer owns miss America, no longer runs the apprentice, is being threatened with being banned from the UK. Has pretty much $#@!ed himself with the Chinese and Arabs. Yea, I don't think there is any recovery for this. My candidate is no longer running, so in the primaries I'll vote Trump but in the general, if I don't like the pick of VP I'll keep my ass at home.

I'm voting for which ever candidate best aligns with my views from either the Libertarian Party or the Constitution Party. I'm done with the Republican party and their liberal candidates.

- ML

For practical reasons, then it is Ted Cruz. He did start the government shutdown and he has voted for less defense spending.

For principle reasons, them it is Irwin Schiff. Nothing would piss off the establishment then voting for martyr.

After this that's it for me. I've no stake in participating in the two party system anymore. It's rigged. I'll remain active at the local level, though. In fact, I question whether Rand will ever run again given the state of the GOP. He must see how it is evolving.

But I'll likely focus my time on other projects that I've always wanted to spend more time doing but haven't committed to doing consistently. Op-eds. Information flow in terms of the issues of the day. That kind of thing. I may build a web site. Do a podcast and whatnot. Will see how it goes.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 02-03-2016 at 12:23 PM.

Also, everyone here should give Michael Landon a +rep. That guy has been in the trenches for a long time. He is active at the local level. No reason he shouldn't have a full bar. I see people go full bar in a month just for posting dumb $#@!.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 02-03-2016 at 12:27 PM.

Oh, and I want to go skydiving, too.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    LOL @ the 1 Hillary voter
    Et cognoscetis veritatem et veritas liberabit vos

Quote Originally Posted by Fivezeroes View Post
    I think it's a bit too late for that now. He has already damaged his brand, no longer owns miss America, no longer runs the apprentice, is being threatened with being banned from the UK. Has pretty much $#@!ed himself with the Chinese and Arabs. Yea, I don't think there is any recovery for this. My candidate is no longer running, so in the primaries I'll vote Trump but in the general, if I don't like the pick of VP I'll keep my ass at home.
    That's cool with me. Trump doesn't necessarily have to win the White House to create the much needed chaos this country deserves.

I'm retaining my local elected office as a Republican, but apart from that, presidential politics will be another 3rd party go for me until next time. Reince Priebus and the RNC can kiss my ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunink View Post
    No One But Paul
    It would be nice to have a few more conservative Judges on the SCOTUS. There is always that to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by muh_roads View Post
    I hate to say it but I think I like Trump. I like his proposed tax rates and speaking of wanting to break NAFTA.

yup...only $10 trillion more debt, no bigs

NO ONE BUT PAUL MOTHERFUCKERS
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Tunink View Post
    No One But Paul
    Yup...Texas primary is in a couple of weeks...I'll be there voting Paul like has always been the plan

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    Poll is missing an option:

NOBP!
    This. Vladimir Putin is about as good of a choice as who's left. But he'd have that same eligibility problem Cruz has.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by muh_roads View Post

You must not care about the 2nd amendment. Trump called for a ban on assault weapons.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    You must not care about the 2nd amendment. Trump called for a ban on assault weapons.
    He said that in 2000, four years before Bush II had it lifted. In 2011 he said he was against gun control. A lot changed in those 11 years I guess.

Yes Trump now thinks guns are great and wonderful for people to hunt and target practice and has very special things planned for gun owners. Whenever the Trump goes hunting, he brings his bible because it is his favorite book, way more than "Art of the Deal".

I think that was just for Iowa though. It may be different in NH.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Fivezeroes View Post
    He said that in 2000, four years before Bush II had it lifted. In 2011 he said he was against gun control. A lot changed in those 11 years I guess.
    His sons helped change his mind. I believe DJT Jr. was at SHOT show this year.

no one but Paul for me.. he represents me and leaves no doubt in my mind where he stands. I love the man and his father because I finally had candidates that I really could get behind.. nobody else in the race even comes close to that. I trust none of them because I cannot trust words alone and that is all they offer.

Cruz backtracked on Snowden and says he should be tried for treason and that is enough for me to know I cannot trust him.

Trump has said the same thing and both want to carpet bomb and "take their oil" and I will have no part of their not-so-hidden neocon agenda. Bill kristol would probably be fine with either no matter what he says
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Quote Originally Posted by limequat View Post
    I can't believe people are actually voting for Cruz in this poll.
    Why can't you believe it?

A significant portion of this forum was all up on his nuts not too long ago.

This is what happens when you lower standards and compromise to try (and inevitably fail) at playing in the State's sandbox.
    Radical in the sense of being in total, root-and-branch opposition to the existing political system and to the State itself. Radical in the sense of having integrated intellectual opposition to the State with a gut hatred of its pervasive and organized system of crime and injustice. Radical in the sense of a deep commitment to the spirit of liberty and anti-statism that integrates reason and emotion, heart and soul. - M. Rothbard

Quote Originally Posted by lakerssuck92 View Post
    I'll be voting for Bernie. I know everyone on here will disagree with me for this but when it comes to the Presidency I only care about Foreign Policy and unfortunately he's the best remaining of the lot.

He will continue to vote for dirty wars imho (wars that are rather hidden from the mainstream but do as much, or more, damage). 99.9% of this country's wars have been dirty wars where our military trains, arms, and the taxpayers fund one group of people in a country against another group. Then our gov't watches as the country falls into civil war and is eventually destroyed: the MSM broadcasts this as a "civil war" with no mention that the U.S. was the seed that started that civil war in the first place. Soros' money was all over the overthrow of the democratically elected Ukraine president; Zerohedge had an article awhile back proving with hacked emails conversations between Soros and Victoria Nuland during the overthrow of that government. Soros was also behind Libya, Syria, and Egypt.

After the U.S. gov't creates a civil war in a country and the country is destroyed, the white knights of the U.S. with full MSM coverage go in to rescue the poor people of that nation. We then put in a puppet dictator (who the MSM applauds continuously such as Sisi in Egypt) and train his military junta to suppress any descent from their people as we rape their mineral and labor resources. (In Egypt we pay the gov't so they don't attack Israel and continue to give us access to the Suez Canal). It's a rubber stamp: we do this in country after country after country after country and wonder why a plane goes thru a New York skyscraper.

We created the death squads all over Latin America (even before communism when Smedley Butler watched United Fruit rape the people of Guatemala); we created the death squads (called jihadists, or isis, or al Qaeda, or al nusra, or al sham, etc.) all of over the middle east and north Africa. We used jihadists in the Yugoslavian war-- one of the leaders of ISIS today was trained by U.S. special forces in Chechyna and used in Bosnia against the Serbs. And we are of course arming literal neo Nazis in Ukraine. All these groups are death squads that are nothing but mercenaries for the U.S. gov't. Doing the dirty work out of sight from the MSM.

THESE wars sicken me most of all because they are dishonest and out of sight.

And Bernie stated repeatedly he wants to arm the Sunnis against the Shias. When he refers to "our friends in the Arab world", he means the Saudis, Qataris, UAE, the Turks, etc. ie. the Sunnis against the Shias. He wants, and has previously stated (although he's flip flopped now) that "Assad must go".

Syria. Iran. Russia. I truly believe the neo-cons want it all. The big juicy prize is Russia. But first they want to destroy then control Russia's smaller friends.

The goal? One world government. Total control over all nations. Globalization. Loss of sovereignty. Corporate control of the entire planet.

I believe Bernie supports this and I think a lot of people are believing in something that is not true. Bernie voted for sanctions against Russia. He voted for sanctions against Iran. He's never met a war he refused to fund. And he supported the war on Yugoslavia.

I may be dead wrong about Trump. But I really do believe the true antiwar vote should go to him.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Since I'm still registered Republican (but not for long) I'm still voting Paul in the primary.

However, I'm definitely 3rd party in the main race, probably Libertarian because Constitution never makes it on my ballot. Basically both parties are running the biggest douchebags in decades (ever?) Especially if Trump or Hillary (or even Bernie?) makes it, there will be a huge portion of people finding the candidate so offensive that they will be unwilling to vote for the nominee of their usual party. The silver lining is that this could be the year to break the 10% third party threshold.

See ya in 4 years.

Actually shocked at the numbers who said they would support Cruz and Trump. Did you not learn anything the past few election cycles?

I will either vote for LP or not vote.

What do you want me to do, to do for you to see you through?
    A box of rain will ease the pain, and love will see you through.
    Box of Rain, Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV
    A real feminist would have avoided men altogether and found a perfectly good female partner. Because, y'know, all sexual intercourse is actually rape.
    निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen
    I was a nasty woman before Trump made it cool.

While everyone is obviously free to do as they please, I would offer this word of caution to those who are considering Cruz:

Cruz loves to cite "liberty" on the campaign trail. Every single one of us has seen it. Whether it is in a debate, a town hall, or a stump speech. In fact, he even signs his emails "For Liberty." Cruz's framing and association is becoming clear even though his policies do not align with the movement. This association (buzzword) is much simpler for the average voter to remember. Having the "liberty candidate" being Ted Cruz, a candidate who stands no chance in a general election, is dangerous. If he is the nominee, he will eventually lose. The electoral landscape will not have changed significantly enough to hand him the presidency. What will result is the idea that "liberty" is a failing election strategy against Democrats and voters will be hesitant to embrace another "liberty" candidate come 2020.

Sure, Cruz comes from a Paul endorsement. But his policies have strayed since that time (while I want to, I won't go as far as saying Cruz's motivations are nefarious in embracing the term). Cruz's brand of "liberty" does not match the Paul brand of "liberty." But that does not mean voters won't consider them the same.

I look forward to continuing to support the likes of Rand Paul, Justin Amash, Thomas Massie, and other candidates in the coming elections who truly believe in a more limited government, a more sane foreign policy, and a more civil liberties focused governance.

I hope you all do as well.

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Rand will still be on the ballot in at least some states even after dropping out. Michele Bachmann of all people was still on the ballot in 2012.
    Honestly think we should all turn democrat and not elect Hillary.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast