Thread: POLITICO: Rand Drops Out of POTUS Race

POLITICO: Rand Drops Out of POTUS Race

Rand Paul dropping out of White House race

By Alex Isenstadt
    02/03/16 08:53 AM EST

Rand Paul will drop out of the race for president, three sources close to the campaign told POLITICO.
    Paul, a freshman Kentucky senator and the son of former Texas Rep. Ron Paul, has a large libertarian following but failed to gain traction in the presidential race. He now faces a race for reelection to the Senate.
    http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...se-race-218675

Rand Paul Suspends 2016 Presidential Campaign

ABC News-7 minutes ago

Rand Paul dropping out of White House race

Politico-13 minutes ago

Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul Says He Is Ending His Bid

ABC News-3 minutes ago

Rand Paul ends presidential run

Tucson News Now-13 minutes ago

Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul to Drop Republican Presidential Bid

NBCNews.com-8 minutes ago

Campaign live: reports say Rand Paul to exit Republican

The Guardian-3 minutes agoshoe in

Rand Paul dropping out of presidential race

MarketWatch-8 minutes ago
    shoe in
    Rand Paul quits Republican race for the White House

Daily Mail-3 minutes ago

"It's been an incredible honor to run a principled campaign for the White House. Today, I will end where I began, ready and willing to fight for the cause of Liberty.
    Across the country thousands upon thousands of young people flocked to our message of limited government, privacy, criminal justice reform and a reasonable foreign policy. Brushfires of Liberty were ignited, and those will carry on, as will I.

Although,

today
    I
    will
    suspend
    my
    campaign
    for
    President,

the fight is far from over. I will continue to carry the torch for Liberty in the United States Senate and I look forward to earning the privilege to represent the people of Kentucky for another term."

http://www.wdrb.com/story/31128114/s...ntial-campaign
    Last edited by presence; 02-03-2016 at 09:40 AM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm actually shocked !!

They must have a secret contender they are planning on running against him in Kentucky that Rand caught wind of

I'm kinda glad. I'm sure this has been really hard on him. All that hard work. All the people that said they would vote for him and in the end, didn't. I'd be disappointed too. Iowa was his best chance. If it didn't happen in Iowa it wasn't gonna happen anywhere. It sucks, but the media still has complete control over who is elected.

Is this just Politico? They aren't quoting any sources...

ETA:

Just saw it. Oh well... We lost. The establishment won. I hope they enjoy Hillary.
    Last edited by CaptUSA; 02-03-2016 at 08:29 AM.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

I bet this time, Fox news graphic would get the pic and the announcement just right. They always show up when it counts

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Is this just Politico? They aren't quoting any sources...

ETA:

Just saw it. Oh well... We lost. The establishment won. I hope they enjoy Hillary.
    Or Rubio and Sanders.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentBull View Post
    I'm kinda glad. I'm sure this has been really hard on him. All that hard work. All the people that said they would vote for him and in the end, didn't. I'd be disappointed too. Iowa was his best chance. If it didn't happen in Iowa it wasn't gonna happen anywhere. It sucks, but the media still has complete control over who is elected.
    Hopefully the fourth time we try, we'll finally realize that the youth vote does not win you elections. Not only do younger voters not show up to vote, the younger generation are pranksters and I wouldn't be surprised if half of the college students that signed up to caucus were just trolling Rand and had no intention of voting

Just got this from a friend who was instrumental in bringing Ron to NH:

After hearing the announcement about Rand dropping out, I have this to say:

I don't put too much stock in what a bunch of religious nut jobs in IOWA do, does anyone else? And I blame the Ron Paul 24% for turning their backs on Rand. Where are they now? Back to anarchy? Not voting? Shameful.

I will still vote for Rand Paul in the NH primary as the ballots are already printed.

But then I will vote 3rd party in the general as I am not voting for any of those other criminals or nut jobs. And criminals they are, working for the same cabal as Hillary.

Yes you read that right, especially Cruz (CFR's and Kissinger's boy), Rubio (PNAC's boy), and Hillary (CFR woman) all use the same advisors. Trump is a dangerous mental case and on the fringe and would never be considered and would lose the worst to any Dem he faced. This is why no real anti-establishment candidate would ever be allowed to progress. There is not a "dime's worth of difference" in every other remaining candidate.

The GOP loses once again to any Democrat that is chosen for their nominee. Screw the GOP, they seem to love losing!

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewYorker View Post
    They must have a secret contender they are planning on running against him in Kentucky that Rand caught wind of
    Yea, I still can't tell if you are serious or just trying to troll. Its like the result from last night didn't register in your brain.

Hopefully the fourth time we try, we'll finally realize that the youth vote does not win you elections. Not only do younger voters not show up to vote, the younger generation are pranksters and I wouldn't be surprised if half of the college students that signed up to caucus were just trolling Rand and had no intention of voting
    Yes. Also, maybe in 2020 we can finally start believing the polls.

they voted for free college and Sanders

This. I could have told anyone that - speaking as a recent graduate, college kids are complete and utter flakes. The result was completely unsurprising.
    Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just and that his justice cannot sleep forever. Thomas Jefferson

I knew he was going to. You can't recover from that kind of defeat in your best state. It is why I was forced into making a choice between Rubio trump or cruz in the primaries.

This is what swayed me to Cruz.

“I think none of that makes any sense. In my view, we have no dog in the fight of the Syrian civil war,” he said, arguing that Rubio and Clinton “are repeating the very same mistakes they made in Libya. They’ve demonstrated they’ve learned nothing.”--Cruz.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's bull$#@! like this that just makes me laugh:

"And I blame the Ron Paul 24% for turning their backs on Rand. Where are they now? Back to anarchy? Not voting? Shameful."

Rand turned his back on them first! He thought pandering to NeoCons would get him more support and he took his father's supporters for granted. I'm sick and tired of hearing this bull$#@!. He picked a strategy that was stupid and it failed. This has nothing to do with people not showing up or his father's supporters shunning him. It has everything to do with the awful strategy Rand picked, starting in 2012, when he endorsed Romney and began playing politics with McConnell.
    It's just an opinion... man...

Chester Copperpot

im quite surprised myself.. i expected him to at least see it through to super tuesday

Quote Originally Posted by NoOneButPaul View Post

"And I blame the Ron Paul 24% for turning their backs on Rand. Where are they now? Back to anarchy? Not voting? Shameful."

Rand turned his back on them first! He thought pandering to NeoCons would get him more support and he took his father's supporters for granted. I'm sick and tired of hearing this bull$#@!. He picked a strategy that was stupid and it failed. This has nothing to do with people not showing up or his father's supporters shunning him. It has everything to do with the awful strategy Rand picked, starting in 2012, when he endorsed Romney and began playing politics with McConnell.
    That pretty much sums it up. It was also not just Neocons he pandered to. Lets not forget Steve Forbes and the unlikely amount of votes he expected to gain from that stupid business VAT tax plan.
    Last edited by tonyaustin; 02-03-2016 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NoOneButPaul View Post

Ron led the sheepdogs
    Rand led the sheep
    Last edited by presence; 02-03-2016 at 09:50 AM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...