Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Rand suspends campaign

Quote Originally Posted by rg17 View Post
    Maybe Rand will endorse Gary Johnson?
    Is Gary Johnson running as a Republican? For crying out loud people Rand will endorse team R's pick just like he did in 2012

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    " I was for Rand till the end, but if you are a hardcore introvert like that you shouldn't get in this game. It's a personal business."

Exactly. Which is why people shouldn't be waiting for 2020 either. More than likely he'll do one more term in the Senate and head back to medicine.

It sad because there's a lot of potential there but if you're uncomfortable around people, you cannot, should not be in politics.

Supporting Member
    North Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by klamath View Post
    I knew he was going to. You can't recover from that kind of defeat in your best state. It is why I was forced into making a choice between Rubio trump or cruz in the primaries.

This is what swayed me to Cruz.
    Why do you trust Cruz?
    Equality is a false god.

Armatissimi e Liberissimi

He needs to take down his site then. He is still fundraising, which is wrong.

Two reasons why he may have quit at this juncture:

(1) the campaign is running on fumes
    (2) Koch brothers and CoC nudged him out to clear field against Trump

Wih how hip being a rebel seems to be, he should tell everyone to vote for Hilary

Quote Originally Posted by New York For Paul View Post
    So much promise and bravado down the tubes. Idiot consultants and others doomed his campaign.
    No, the media and their love (hate) for Trump doomed this campaign...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Quote Originally Posted by brandon View Post
    I move to unban the Collins because all he did to get banned was say that this would happen. He was exactly right.
    I agree and think he probably had inside information.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well this is not going to become the Ted Cruz or Donald Trump forum.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Well this is not going to become the Ted Cruz or Donald Trump forum.
    a vote for cruz is a vote for communism. he isnt eligible... thus he is a trojan horse for putting either of the communist candidates in the WH.

Quote Originally Posted by WQuantrill View Post
    Two reasons why he may have quit at this juncture:

(1) the campaign is running on fumes
    (2) Koch brothers and CoC nudged him out to clear field against Trump
    Or, Rand is personally very embarrassed, furious, or shaken to the core over turning out to be wrong over the "youth turn out" for him, as it turned out to be non-existent. It appears he may not have qualified for the NH debate, which also could have signaled the end to him about his prospects. He decided to cut losses now before more defeats reinforced the impression the liberty movement was over. One other factor is that there may have been overtures given to him by Trump or Cruz about being named for VP if he got out of the race.
    Last edited by Peace&Freedom; 02-03-2016 at 09:41 AM.
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

'Murika. The bastion of democracy. Where the people get a choice between a $#@! sandwich on white or a $#@! sandwich on rye.

Quote Originally Posted by ApathyCuredRP View Post
    America is Rome 2.0. As long as people are fed and entertained, they will allow themselves to be boiled slowly. As long as the media propaganda machine has a hold of the public, they will be led to slaughter. Truth be told - the only way America turns itself around is through a huge huge huge amount of pain. People need to be hungry. People need to lose their houses. People need to be drafted for war. People need to loose their wealth. People need to lose their entertainment means. People need to die.

Even though our country is in trouble, the citizens are not feeling it yet. Once they do - it is our job to communicate why things are this way. It is our job to pierce through the bull$#@! and let people know how this all came to be. Save media on your devices. Save books. Save everything related to liberty. For when Rome 2.0 falls, the media and power establishment is going to try to use the crisis as a way to scare people into more government. Keep your eyes and ears open for when those false flags will start so that the power establishment can purge these problems through the toilet. War with Russia / China. Cyber attack on Wall Street. ISIS attack on US Soil.

Gather data. Gather records. Be ready to spread liberty when the citizens are ready to listen. They are not right now. They are not in true pain yet.
    ^^^ This ^^^
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Rand still does not get it even with his suspension speech. He should have used that speech to promote values in this cycle to help him win his Senate seat.

The average voter does not give a $#@! that you cater to the youth and minority vote. I am not saying the issues he mentioned are not import but how does he expect to win his Senate seat by refusing to connect with the average voters is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Peace&Freedom View Post
    Or, Rand is personally very embarrassed, furious, or shaken to the core over turning out to be wrong over the "youth turn out" for him, as it turned out to be non-existent. It appears he may not have qualified for the NH debate, which also could have signaled the end to him about his prospects. He decided to cut losses now before more defeats reinforced the impression the liberty movement was over. One other factor is that there may have been overtures given to him by Trump or Cruz about being named for VP if he got out of the race.
    That might explain the behavior in my post above. The policies Rand discussed would strength their tickets where they fall short.

Damn, I thought he was going to see how long he could evolve the movement, rather than being all or nothing. He has a legit path to be one of the final four with a lot of states left. Better not drop out! Maybe the stress of being so incredibly busy is wearing on even a work horse like Rand?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peace&Freedom View Post
    Or its just that he has always said that he would not run if he didn't think he could win. He decided he couldn't win, so he suspended his campaign. I think it is as simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Makes Interesting Points View Post
    Damn, I thought he was going to see how long he could evolve the movement, rather than being all or nothing. He has a legit path to be one of the final four with a lot of states left. Better not drop out! Maybe the stress of being so incredibly busy is wearing on even a work horse like Rand?

Or maybe he made a deal with another candidate, hopefully if he did, he did the deal with anyone BUT Cruz or Rubio.

Who knew cruz was going to fook the pauls over. Cruz seemed like an alright guy in 2012. Seemed to fooled everyone for a while.

Kinda messed up since the pauls did help cruz get his senate seat with endorsements.

I doubt cruz would even give out table scraps for rand if there was a deal made.

2020... dr paul, the eye doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryBrowneLives View Post
    This is right move for Rand. Shore up the Senate seat in a time where the voters were out in left field compared to our message. At the same time, (and I've never told this story) but Rand has some personality liabilities when it comes to glad handing and kissing babies like one has to do in a primary campaign for POTUS. About 18 months ago, shortly before he announced for President, I met Rand at an airport. I'm a sales exec and travel all the time. He was chatting with my local Senator and they were both on their way to Washington on my plane. In the lobby I just wanted to shake their hands and say HI. The other Senator was very friendly, but Rand was very stand offish and almost seemed offended that I approached them to say hi. Struck me as very rude and weird frankly in that the other Senator was so outgoing. True story. I was for Rand till the end, but if you are a hardcore introvert like that you shouldn't get in this game. It's a personal business.
    I said in another thread that rand is an introvert and got told he just needs to practice being an extrovert lol

Quote Originally Posted by limequat View Post
    5 stages of grief...already starting.

Denial...
    Anger...
    Anger
    Anger
    Anger
    Anger
    Anger

(How many dipshits are still in the race? There might be more than five stages for me)

Quote Originally Posted by alucard13mm View Post
    Who knew cruz was going to fook the pauls over. Cruz seemed like an alright guy in 2012. Seemed to fooled everyone for a while.

Kinda messed up since the pauls did help cruz get his senate seat with endorsements.

I doubt cruz would even give out table scraps for rand if there was a deal made.

2020... dr paul, the eye doctor.

There wont be a 2020 if a demo gets elected. Especially Sanders or $#@!lery. We will be in WW3 by that time with Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by klamath View Post
    I knew he was going to. You can't recover from that kind of defeat in your best state. It is why I was forced into making a choice between Rubio trump or cruz in the primaries.

This is what swayed me to Cruz.
    I thought you were done posting here? Are you talking out the side of your mouth like your boy Cruz?
    A sense of danger gives birth to fear. And fear is the time-honored cross for the crucifixion of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyaustin View Post
    Rand still does not get it even with his suspension speech. He should have used that speech to promote values in this cycle to help him win his Senate seat.

The average voter does not give a $#@! that you cater to the youth and minority vote. I am not saying the issues he mentioned are not import but how does he expect to win his Senate seat by refusing to connect with the average voters is beyond me.
    Like in 2012... just pandered the wrong group again. "You mean you arent giving us free $#@! AND you are making us work longer before retiring and getting social security?" Im sure thats how it went down and what went through the kids minds.

Other than that, its a marketing and lack of emotion. Rands 14.5% tax plan... was stupid as $#@!. Hermain cain had 999.. catchy and effective in 2012.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sad Day.

Kinda Heartbroken. No one left on stage is committed to Liberty in a meaningful way. Gotta think.
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

Quote Originally Posted by Southron View Post
    Why do you trust Cruz?
    Because Cruz ACTUALLY was against the interventions in the senate before he ran for president. The country will get Rubio, trump hillary or Bernie. I am not an apocalypse NOW voter. Hillary will start more wars than Cruz as will Rubio and trump may start the big one with the Asians, Bernie will probably start the same as Cruz being that he supports democratic wars.
    In an voting index that gave Ron Paul 100% Rand gets 93% Cruz gets 89% that is where the rubber meets the road..
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

Quote Originally Posted by brandon View Post
    If this surprised anyone they were not paying attention at all. This has been coming since September. Hoping we can have honest conversations here once again.
    Sure, but maybe you know-it-alls can wait 12 to 24 hours before you start pontificating about how stupid the rest of us were to bother supporting the best man running. Would it kill ya?

I think it's great he stopped running. Had no chance & very limited momentum.

Time to be one of the the best Senators in Washington DC & really be a champion for peace in Syria.

I refuse to believe he's suspended! I can't take this. I think I'll just close my eyes and ignore politics completely until November. When I open my eyes, Paul better be the nominee.

I'm heartbroken. I will not be supporting any of the current candidates. Very sad day.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast