Thread: The Ted Cruz "Rape Culture" Hug

The Ted Cruz "Rape Culture" Hug

http://dailycaller.com/2016/02/01/hu...-rape-culture/

A contributor to the Huffington Post and notable male feminist has claimed Sen. Ted Cruz ‘s awkward effort to hug and kiss his uninterested daughter isn’t simply an odd campaign moment, but actually an example of “rape culture.”

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wow that was like totally Joe Biden awkward.
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

A lot of kids hate getting kisses from their parents because they get saliva on their face.
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Kids are like that. Low blow, but an effective low blow because it plays in to the narrative of Cruz being creepy and unlikable.

Low blow. I don't like cruz but leave his kids out of it. Some people just don't like pda with family. I personally think nonsexual hugging and kissing is weird.

I agree that people should leave this alone. I'd hate to have a camera on me everytime I tried to give my kids a display of affection. Kids are like that all the time...wiping it away, being difficult, etc. Plenty of other reasons to bash Cruz but this isn't one of them.

Spoiled brat needs some time in FEMA camp.
    No one here wanted to be the Billionaire.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The Ted Cruz "Rape Culture" Hug
    What on earth?

Are there any kids out there who have never been sulky and pulled away from a parent or grandparent sometime during childhood?
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by SovereignMN View Post
    I agree that people should leave this alone. I'd hate to have a camera on me everytime I tried to give my kids a display of affection. Kids are like that all the time...wiping it away, being difficult, etc. Plenty of other reasons to bash Cruz but this isn't one of them.
    You are raping your kids you know that?
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

Most people have dealt with kids who at some point don't want PDA and you are expected to give some.

I'm usually of the kind if the kid is not into it, neither am I. At most I'll go with the feeble weak one arm hug and get out of the situation ASAP.

Kinda weird he went for the kiss and then went for another. It's just so awkward. I don't have the sound on so i can't hear if the dad is asking for a 2nd one. Weird, awkward, uncomfortable.

How about settling for a handshake, no? Ok a pat on the back and let me get the hell out of this situation. (That's my thinking.....) I've never been into the whole kissing babies thing.

Mountain out of molehill.

Ted was trying to force a Hallmark moment for the cameras, petulant daughter wasn't having any of it.

Maybe she was pissed cuz Ted was going to a rally instead of coming to her school play. That's what the finger flick looked like to me.

I bet Ted takes a chill the next time the cameras are rolling and he gets the finger flick lol

Ted is a stooge, but he ain't no Joe Biden.
    Last edited by Jamesiv1; 02-03-2016 at 04:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    Mountain out of molehill.

Ted was trying to force a Hallmark moment for the cameras, petulant teenage daughter wasn't having any of it.

Maybe she was pissed cuz Ted was going to do a rally instead coming to her school play. That's what the finger flick looked like to me.

I bet Ted takes a chill the next time the cameras are rolling and he gets the finger flick lol

Ted is a stooge, but he ain't no Joe Biden.

Oh....I see what you mean...

Does Joe Biden think he's Selena Gomez?

Last edited by Mani; 02-03-2016 at 03:26 AM.

I don't like Ted Cruz, but OP mustn't have a kid. It looks creepy, but nothing the average parent hasn't seen.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    I don't like Ted Cruz, but OP mustn't have a kid. It looks creepy, but nothing the average parent hasn't seen.
    I can't ascertain the OP's opinion on the matter, only HuffPo's writer
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Ted Cruz is a slimey, creepy guy.. Surely if you were his daughter you would know that just as well as most of us here. I feel bad for her. She might also be scared that he is going to bite her neck.

Also apparently Ted Cruz spanks his daughter for telling lies. Not sure if he does it for little white lies or big ones, but that could be related to her attitude toward him.
    Last edited by dannno; 02-03-2016 at 06:52 AM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic