Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Most emotional I have ever seen Rand during a speech at his headquarters.. Got me shaken up

Most emotional I have ever seen Rand during a speech at his headquarters.. Got me shaken up

https://www.facebook.com/LuisAngeles...r&notif_t=like

The part that had him tearing up at the end of the speech was about owing our soldiers so much and how sad it would be to give up on what they fight for everyday. Damn.. he is so right. I would love everyone to watch it..

I am about to start a several hundred calling spree. I want to thank everyone here for everything they do. I know we bicker, we fight a little, but we are all so different. I do think we have a common bond on this subject. No matter what happens tonight I hope this puts things in perspective. Sometimes I want to give up.. Sometimes I wonder why I do this sh*t everyday... This is why.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbs021 View Post
    I am about to start a several hundred calling spree. I want to thank everyone here for everything they do.
    It's not too late to start calling! It's unbelievable, but there are people out there who are still undecided, but are leaning Paul! If you like telling the internet why Rand is the best (and only) choice, put your mind to good use and call some of these people!! Convince them! There are a few hours left!

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to kbs021 again."

Someone else cover this for me, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzu View Post
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to kbs021 again."

Someone else cover this for me, please.
    Got ya covered

He has some amazing lines in his speeches, I wish he would use them in the debates! I especially think the part about if we give in to fear and give up our liberties the terrorists will have won (even though they can't defeat us militarily), could really resonate with average voters and make them think.

Wow thanks so much for sharing. You know this man believes what he says because it's truly from the heart.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ2 View Post
    He has some amazing lines in his speeches, I wish he would use them in the debates! I especially think the part about if we give in to fear and give up our liberties the terrorists will have won (even though they can't defeat us militarily), could really resonate with average voters and make them think.
    interpersonal communicator and not as much a public communicator.

Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2 View Post
    interpersonal communicator and not as much a public communicator.
    He could learn. Too late for this go around though.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Liberty and gratitude walk side by side.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

He needs to learn. This is the one area where Cruz has him beat soundly. Sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnCifelli1 View Post
    This is the one area where Cruz has him beat soundly. Sadly.
    Well when you've been training all your life to be a manipulative, power-seeking scumbag, you learn a few tricks. I do agree though that Rand needs to figure out how to cater to emotion as well as logic. Sadly, this country isn't exactly full of logical thinkers.
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Last edited by liberty2012; 03-08-2021 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by liberty2012 View Post
    What's been lost in this whole thing is how much Rand actually cares. He's usually so calm and collected you lose that emotion.
    Exactly, he cares. A lot.
    "I am a bird"

Video not coming up for me....

Edit: now it is

Thanks for posting this!
    Last edited by TER; 02-01-2016 at 03:23 PM.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

They are defeating our minds it's not the stronger one who normally wins a fight, it's the crazier one. I'm really glad he brought up the soldier who lost his limbs, one of my best friends lost his mind in Iraq. They are not fighting with fists and you don't bring a knife to a gunfight.. It's an intellectual battle so we need to show resolve for our history and our veterans that put themselves in harms way and support the most intellectually honest candidate in the race.

This I believe is the full video:
    https://www.facebook.com/RandPaul/vi...3600782651107/
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Can someone tube the video? I can't get facebook...
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    He could learn. Too late for this go around though.
    Everyone can always improve in communication but typically you are good at one and not the other, and its very difficult to improve the one you arent good at.

Its basically trying to change who you are at heart.

Unlike the attention-seeking sociopaths in office, Rand saves his tears for those who truly support him.

Although I couldn't visually make it out in OP's video, you could hear him struggle through the last part of that speech. It was tremendously moving and shows what kind of person Rand really is.

He needs to be able to speak at the debates like this, like he is already addressing the people and not the media clowns. Rand talks in a way that shows just how lame the other candidates are when they simply speak in generalities. If Rand could magnify this effect even more, he would blow everyone else out of the water.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    This is one tool in his arsenal that I think he has just been waiting for. I've seen him talk like this in older videos of him before he was a senator.
    Well we know where the genes come from.

I couldn't find the video I wanted to find but this will have to suffice. I wanted to find the fragment where Ron is near emotional on C-SPAN saying that he doesn't want to send anybodies kids to war when it's not a just war. This video however.. Brings back good vibes from past elections. We need that energy, right now.
    "I am a bird"

Everyone can always improve in communication but typically you are good at one and not the other, and its very difficult to improve the one you arent good at.

Bull$#@!. All it takes is guidance and practice.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Man, supporters made some amazing, emotion-stirring videos. Thanks for the memory. Was Ron's speech titled Morals in the video, taken from the 1st debate? That was his very best, in my opinion. I have yet to find the entire thing again. Every version I have found omits the part where after Ron talked, every candidate came from behind their podiums to try to change what they had just said. Ron was wonderful. Simply wonderful.

Even though I can't stand MLK or JFK.
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 02-01-2016 at 04:46 PM.
    ================

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    not at all. Communication is personal and is based on the very makeup of a person.

It would be similar to being right handed and trying to become left handed....very difficult.

Basic difference in introvert (interpersonal) and extrovert (public).

Id gather Rand is actually pretty introverted. He excels at interpersonal communication, which is one of the underlying qualities and reasons he is a doctor and a good one.

not at all. Communication is personal and is based on the very makeup of a person.

It would be similar to being right handed and trying to become left handed....very difficult.

Basic difference in introvert (interpersonal) and extrovert (public).

Id gather Rand is actually pretty introverted. He excels at interpersonal communication, which is one of the underlying qualities and reasons he is a doctor and a good one.
    Yeah, REALLY. You can't change who you are inside, but you can learn how to communicate differently. I know that for a fact.
    ================

LibertyEagle herself demonstrates her own point. Witness her own evolving communication style over the years.
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    Well we know where the genes come from.
    If Rand says his dad is the father of the liberty movement, then he's the curly headed step brother. He is the compassionate doctor who just wants to make people see why kids love cinnamon toast crunch. He is the best we have, and right now he is at his best. So to all the haters in here.

I do agree though that Rand needs to figure out how to cater to emotion as well as logic.
    He's a doctor; they are trained to stay emotionally removed. I think that's part of Carson's problem also. They have to be removed emotionally or they can actually harm patients, especially if doing surgery. I heard a doctor awhile back on the radio, can't remember his name...he has a book, he is a brain surgeon. He was operating on someone he knew and his emotions overcame him and he had to step back before moving on because his hand started shaking. So, that is both his training and his personality.

I saw that video and I was really moved by his talk and his display of emotions and love.

Can someone tube the video? I can't get facebook...
    you don't have to sign in to watch this...i don't do facebook and I could watch it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast