Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Iowa Caucus Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lightweis View Post
    What about those 10 k students and the polls were wrong lol.
    Come on man, rubbing salt in the wound...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Inclined View Post
    Rand won't drop out after tonight though right?
    I would guess he drops out after NH.

Thinking about creating my own $#@!ing Super PAC. Its whole $#@!ing purpose is gonna be to bring all the $#@!ing networks down.

Quote Originally Posted by misterx View Post
    I'm surprised anyone actually still thought Rand had a shot going into tonight. The only three who have any shot at all are Trump, Cruz, and Rubio.
    Oh, shut-up.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We better hit 10k

Quote Originally Posted by clint4liberty View Post
    Rand Paul endorsing McConnell and others was his death knell. The Paul campaign should have flat out said McConnell controls the state gop in KY. He is being punished because less than 200 people decide the rules of over 1.2 million registered gop voters.
    Frankly, I have never forgiven Rand for doing that. His father never would have compromised his principles in that way. However, he is still the best candidate on the market, so I stand with Rand.

i can't believe cruz has tricked this many people

I guess I thought we'd do better because I figured people were actually tired of $19 trillion in debt.

Appears they just dont frickin care, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Inclined View Post
    i can't believe cruz has tricked this many people
    Why not he tricked a bunch of Americans into thinking he wasn't Canadian. We all know the truth there.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Lucifer is good too. Right after X-Files.
    Is it?? $#@! it I'll check that $#@! out too.

Just saw the "I'm an Energy Voter" ad on CNN. I think "I'm a Beer Voter" LOL beer break

Quote Originally Posted by liberty_nc View Post
    We better hit 10k
    Doubt it. 4k w/ 50% reporting.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by tonyaustin View Post
    From what I saw of tonights episode it was stupid.
    It might be only the first episode out of the entire season was worth watching. Limited hangout.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post

LOL

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

The shocker for me is Story County. I was for sure that we would win that one.. at least

The % reporting is the % of precincts, not the vote. Given that there are more populous precincts remaining, I'd bet Rand is over 10k.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentBull View Post
    Yeah, every time Rand mentioned the "college kids" I cringed. I didn't wanna be negative so I said nothing about it. What message does that send to the older people watching? This is the young kids candidate, not mine.

But I don't blame Rand. He tried different strategies and none of them worked because people are just plain $#@!ing dumb $#@!s.
    It is effective as long as it appears as a small percentage of your strategy rather than your entire campaign sounding like you are the candidate appealing solely to "college kids" and minorities. Meanwhile the average pissed off white male is thinking this guy represents me about as much as Hillary Clinton.

9k voted for an idiot.

Well at least they have a brain doc.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Breaking down right now.. I had hope for this country when I thought I should't, but now I know I shouldn't.
    So upset

Quote Originally Posted by SilentBull View Post
    Thinking about creating my own $#@!ing Super PAC. Its whole $#@!ing purpose is gonna be to bring all the $#@!ing networks down.
    Uhm, why don't we just all move to Iceland, there's just about 300k people living there. They already put bankers in jail. Nothing much ever happens there. Ok it's a bit cold but hey...
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenFamily View Post
    Breaking down right now.. I had hope for this country when I thought I should't, but now I know I shouldn't.
    So upset
    Your always welcomed in Canada and we have a better health care
    Yes and its free.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenFamily View Post
    So upset
    hang in there.

The true believer butt-hurt from some people here is creepy as hell. You remind me of the leftist "social justice warriors" who babble on about things like "hate facts."

People pointing out FACTS like hard vote and poll numbers are told to stop being so negative, of taking pleasure in seeing Rand fail, of supporting other candidates (even if their info shows them as active on this board since Ron's 2007-08 campaign), and are even told to kill themselves.

But some people never learn -- even people who have been through this process before. Not two hours ago, I posted that I was "cautiously optimistic" because I've seen this un-polled youth vote theory in Ron's previous two campaigns. I was told that even that was too negative, and this year was going to be different for sure because of the caucuses being a month later than the past several ones, this time while school is in session.

How'd that turn out for you?

Nothing would make me happier than to see Rand win, but it looks like he's going to come in a distant fifth -- the same place as Ron eight years ago, and with a LOWER percentage.

If only he had done this, if only he had done that. We just need to get the word out better, or wait for the old people to die off, or overcome the control the establishment has over the schools, the media, and the political process, etc., etc., etc. We're going to learn from this and regroup, and 2020 will be different for sure. Politics and campaign strategy are one of those odd things in life that EVERYONE -- even people with zero professional political experience -- has an opinion about. And that includes me.

Look: most people want security, not liberty; it looks like the ceiling for hardcore liberty-lovers is about 10% of the public. Regardless of the reason, there is zero evidence that it's going to go much higher. It's probably largely due to 12-year government school brainwashing doing exactly what it was designed to do -- and you damn sure aren't going to undo that by running some commercials at election time.

That's the bad news.

The good news is it probably doesn't matter much.

The presidency is probably a puppet position, and the majority of the day-to-day operations of the government are administered by unelected bureaucrats who are going to remain, regardless of who is elected to the presidency or Congress.

The government is also going to hit the wall of economic reality eventually and massively contract, regardless of what happens politically.

Technology will also continue to advance and improve our lives in the coming years in ways we can't even imagine now. The availability of info online is also going to undermine the government's control of education in the future.

As the saying goes, insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Politics is hopeless. Stop looking to it to improve your life. Give up on politics, or at least learn to follow it as I do -- mostly for entertainment and with bemusement, like it's a spectator sport. Don't donate money to campaigns that you can't afford to lose. Don't get too emotionally invested in it. If you must get involved, do so only for the enjoyment it provides to you in the present, regardless of the outcome, with winning just an unexpected bonus in the unlikely event that it happens. If it's drudgery to suffer through, effort that was wasted if the campaign loses, then quit.

Read Harry Browne's 1973 self-help classic, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World, for his personal account of how he learned this lesson, and how he figured out how to arrange his own affairs to minimize the government's adverse effects on his own life acting all by himself, with no one else involved. (Yes, he ran for president in 1996 and 2000, and I was with him all the way, but he did so mainly for his own personal enjoyment.)

But, you know, 2020 is going to be different for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Thanks I needed a laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2 View Post
    I guess I thought we'd do better because I figured people were actually tired of $19 trillion in debt.

Appears they just dont frickin care, actually.
    It's just numbers ya know.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryBrowneLives View Post
    Just saw the "I'm an Energy Voter" ad on CNN. I think "I'm a Beer Voter" LOL beer break
    I have a bottle of cabernet sauvignon in front of me. Unfortunately, due to a couple of bad bananas, I'm having to fight the fruit flies for my wine, lol. I think I already drank two of them. But that's par for the course the way this night is going. I just hope Rand does not sink below 5th.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    dana bash sucking on Hillarys teet

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    Uhm, why don't we just all move to Iceland, there's just about 300k people living there. They already put bankers in jail. Nothing much ever happens there. Ok it's a bit cold but hey...
    I don't think it's that cold. I think they named it Iceland so people wouldn't consider moving to it. Srs.

I've been drinking though.

I hate politics.

Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast