Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The R3volution Continues. Live stream of Rand and Ron at Iowa rally tonight.

Keep digging Watson

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I had to shut it off. Can't hear it with the constant pausing.

bad stream
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    The stuttering is just not on my end. Have friend in Asheville 90 miles away that says he experiencing the same.
    Yeah, mine keeps stopping and starting and I'm out here on the east coast.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulRules View Post
    I had to shut it off. Can't hear it with the constant pausing.
    Same. Impossible to follow stream with all the dropped frames....

How do we know how many people are watching? Is it the hearts, which are over 400,000 or is it something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Sentinelrv View Post
    How do we know how many people are watching? Is it the hearts, which are over 400,000 or is it something else?
    My stream says ~1400

At the bottom it says "Iowa City, Iowa, United States 1,370"

Is that it? I thought there would be more.

There are about 4k on facebook, 1.3k on periscope
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

says at the bottom.

currently, 1,346 11,346

What a $#@! up for the campaign on this eve. Honestly, I've had 12 FB contacts that said they'd give it a shot just say screw it. $#@!ing pathetic.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm watching on FB, if anyone wants the link:

https://www.facebook.com/RandPaul/vi...type=2&theater

I wish they would stop using an iPhone to stream their videos!

Giving up on this.

I haven't had any problems on Periscope for the last 10 or so minutes or so.

To Be Non-Interventionist is To Be Pro-Life

Sen. Paul is on fire in his speech, but I wish that he would connect his pro-life views with his non-interventionist views to show that he is the only pro-life candidate who is the most consistent about the sanctity of life.
    "Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul

What a $#@! up for the campaign on this eve. Honestly, I've had 12 FB contacts that said they'd give it a shot just say screw it. $#@!ing pathetic.
    are any of them in Iowa? I think its more important how its going on site than on stream.

It is streaming fine for me on periscope. Just the sound level was low. Definitely streaming from a phone device.

To me that's the only side of the campaign which has felt a little half-assed. Periscope was nice and all, but I really thought before the campaign began that we would get an HD stream of every live appearance. I regret how they didn't see the value in an educational tool like that.
    "There was madness in any direction, at any hour. You could strike sparks anywhere. There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning.

And that I think, was the handle. That sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave." ~ HST

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    are any of them in Iowa? I think its more important how its going on site than on stream.

It is streaming fine for me on periscope. Just the sound level was low. Definitely streaming from a phone device.
    No, mostly N.C. But, honestly, does that matter? How frikken hard is it to livestream without this level of junior league? The streams from the Oregon refuge onsite came out better than this.

Oh, well. I hope someone recorded it. I would really like to watch dear ole dad again.

Ron was great, Rand is great! The technical aspects have been a let down. Hoping they were saving my money for a little bit more gotv.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    was fine for me?

sorry man

the feed is pretty bad but i always just presume its because they use aol dialup in iow lol

No, mostly N.C. But, honestly, does that matter? How frikken hard is it to livestream without this level of junior league? The streams from the Oregon refuge onsite came out better than this.

Oh, well. I hope someone recorded it. I would really like to watch dear ole dad again.
    This is basically Periscope vs. Youtube. Periscope is crap and not widely known/used. Youtube can be streamed from about anything including set top boxes, PS3, Roku, Tivo, WiiU. Did anybody think about that ????

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is basically Periscope vs. Youtube. Periscope is crap and not widely known/used. Youtube can be streamed from about anything including set top boxes, PS3, Roku, Tivo, WiiU. Did anybody think about that ????
    Youtubes feed sucked just as bad as the periscope feed for me. I've cut both.

AuditTheTed!
    "Our Founders would be ashamed of us!" --Ron Paul, Dr, Rep Congressman from Texas

I wish this was a result of the platform not keeping up, but with 5k views total it's not. Periscope says 1.1k now and they had over 4K the first periscope and it worked fine. This is a major snafu related to poor choice of wireless equipment in a hall full of wireless interference.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wha' happened?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast