Thread: 3rd Party Candidates

3rd Party Candidates

Anyone looking at 3rd party candidates?

I won't vote for Trump or Clinton or Sanders. I'll probably end up writing in Rand or voting for a 3rd party unless Rand gets the nom.

I'm thinking that if it turns out to be Trump vs. Clinton than a 3rd party candidate might actually do well. Simply because both of these candidates are highly unlikable (if you believe the polls).

Should Rand consider an independent run (if it turns out to be Clinton/Trump)?

Thinking further ahead, is Rand going to be in a good position to make another run in 2020 (assuming Hillary wins)?

I'm not discounting anything until votes are counted, just thinking ahead...

Thoughts?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 01000110 View Post
    Anyone looking at 3rd party candidates?

I won't vote for Trump or Clinton or Sanders. I'll probably end up writing in Rand or voting for a 3rd party unless Rand gets the nom.

I'm thinking that if it turns out to be Trump vs. Clinton than a 3rd party candidate might actually do well. Simply because both of these candidates are highly unlikable (if you believe the polls).

Should Rand consider an independent run (if it turns out to be Clinton/Trump)?

Thinking further ahead, is Rand going to be in a good position to make another run in 2020 (assuming Hillary wins)?

I'm not discounting anything until votes are counted, just thinking ahead...

Thoughts?
    Thoughts...

Rand won't run independent.

Hillary won't win vs any Republican.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Whatever happens in the primary, Rand Paul remains a US Senator and no way he throws that away on a quixotic 3rd Party run for the Presidency. As for 2020, I think that all depends on 2016. If Rand gets back in this race and becomes the primary challenger to Trump in an extended fight to the finish then he would be very well positioned for 2020. But if he fizzles out, he should probably focus on his Senate career and let somebody else carry the liberty banner in future Presidential contests.