Thread: Ranchers in the West and the BLM

Ranchers in the West and the BLM

This thread is for anyone who wants to debate the topic, or drop crucial information about the unconstitutional land grabber that is the BLM. Here's a start:

Oregon The Secret They Don’t Want You To Know
    BLM seems to have wanted the Hammond Ranch pretty darn bad but why? A corporation called Uranium One and a 1956 survey might just hold the answer!

Uranium One, a Canadian company mired in controversy over its proposed purchase by a Russian mining conglomerate, is divesting itself of its Colorado mining interests because of “all the politics and all the local sentiment” against uranium mining in the state, an executive told the Colorado Independent recently.

Prospects for a nuclear revival would start with mining uranium in Colorado.
    “Nothing,” Uranium One vice president of conventional mining Norman Schwab said when asked what the company currently has going on in Colorado. “I had a lot of different properties in Colorado and we’re not into waiting for years for sentiment to change, so in terms of work in Colorado we’ve dropped the various properties and we’re focusing in Utah and Arizona and other states that are pro-mining. It’s as simple as that.”
    a ton more here: http://tatsrevolution.com/2016/01/15...t-you-to-know/
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is Ammon Bundy back at the beginning of December. It's important because it gives a hind sight perspective to this situation.

Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.

In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......

Here is Constitutional attorney Krisanne Hall on the subject of what the BLM is doing:

Last edited by Deborah K; 01-31-2016 at 11:16 AM.

https://themarshallreport.wordpress....rab-in-oregon/

Read how certain candidates are reacting to the BLM vs Ranchers issue.

The Congressman in whose district this murder took place. This was before the murder. But again, it underscores what led up to it.

BLM Seizing 116 Miles Of Ranchers’ Land … And Moving Texas-Oklahoma Border

Tommy Henderson has already lost land to the BLM and is currently fighting their latest attempt to take his property, “How can BLM come in and say, ‘Hey, this isn’t yours’?” Henderson asked. “… Our family paid taxes for over 100 years on this place. We’ve got a deed to it. But yet they walked in and said it wasn’t ours?”
    Read more here:
    http://www.truthandaction.org/blm-se...lahoma-border/

Feds Seize New Mexico Farmer's Land

http://offgridsurvival.com/feds-seiz...ranchers-land/

More recent historical facts about BLM land grabs

Relevant reading - Cash Flowed to Clinton Foundation Amid Russian Uranium Deal

At the heart of the tale are several men, leaders of the Canadian mining industry, who have been major donors to the charitable endeavors of former President Bill Clinton and his family. Members of that group built, financed and eventually sold off to the Russians a company that would become known as Uranium One.

Beyond mines in Kazakhstan that are among the most lucrative in the world, the sale gave the Russians control of one-fifth of all uranium production capacity in the United States. Since uranium is considered a strategic asset, with implications for national security, the deal had to be approved by a committee composed of representatives from a number of United States government agencies. Among the agencies that eventually signed off was the State Department, then headed by Mr. Clinton’s wife, Hillary Rodham Clinton.

As the Russians gradually assumed control of Uranium One in three separate transactions from 2009 to 2013, Canadian records show, a flow of cash made its way to the Clinton Foundation. Uranium One’s chairman used his family foundation to make four donations totaling $2.35 million. Those contributions were not publicly disclosed by the Clintons, despite an agreement Mrs. Clinton had struck with the Obama White House to publicly identify all donors. Other people with ties to the company made donations as well.

And shortly after the Russians announced their intention to acquire a majority stake in Uranium One, Mr. Clinton received $500,000 for a Moscow speech from a Russian investment bank with links to the Kremlin that was promoting Uranium One stock.

At the time, both Rosatom and the United States government made promises intended to ease concerns about ceding control of the company’s assets to the Russians. Those promises have been repeatedly broken, records show.

Soon, Uranium One began to snap up companies with assets in the United States. In April 2007, it announced the purchase of a uranium mill in Utah and more than 38,000 acres of uranium exploration properties in four Western states, followed quickly by the acquisition of the Energy Metals Corporation and its uranium holdings in Wyoming, Texas and Utah.

That deal made clear that Uranium One was intent on becoming “a powerhouse in the United States uranium sector with the potential to become the domestic supplier of choice for U.S. utilities,” the company declared.

While the United States gets one-fifth of its electrical power from nuclear plants, it produces only around 20 percent of the uranium it needs, and most plants have only 18 to 36 months of reserves, according to Marin Katusa, author of “The Colder War: How the Global Energy Trade Slipped From America’s Grasp.”

“The Russians are easily winning the uranium war, and nobody’s talking about it,” said Mr. Katusa, who explores the implications of the Uranium One deal in his book. “It’s not just a domestic issue but a foreign policy issue, too.”

Why is it relevant? Because BLM documentation shows....

In September 2011, a representative from Oregon Energy, L.L.C. (formally Uranium One), met with local citizens, and county and state officials, to discuss the possibility of opening a uranium oxide (“yellowcake”) mine in southern Malheur County in southeastern Oregon. Oregon Energy is interested in developing a 17-Claim parcel of land known as the Aurora Project through an open pit mining method. Besides the mine, there would be a mill for processing. The claim area occupies about 450 acres and is also referred to as the “New U” uranium claims.

On May 7, 2012, Oregon Energy LLC made a presentation to the BLM outlining its plans for development for the mine.

The Vale District has agreed to work with Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife on mitigation for the “New U” uranium claims, which are located in core sage grouse habitat. Although the lands encompassing the claims have been designated core, the area is frequented by rockhounds and hunters, and has a crisscrossing of off-highway vehicle (OHV) roads and other significant land disturbance from the defunct Bretz Mercury Mine, abandoned in the 1960s.

However, by the fall of 2012 the company said that it was putting its plans for the mine on hold until the uncertainty surrounding sage grouse issues was resolved.
    Continued at U.S. DEPARTMENT OF THE INTERIOR BUREAU OF LAND MANAGEMENT - http://www.blm.gov/or/energy/uranium.php

Link to ROSATOM also... http://www.rosatom.ru/en/about/

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Murdered Rancher LaVoy Finicum 5 months ago talking about the BLM theft of his spring water.

Harney County Steven Grasty is a man of many titles. Oregon Live news reports Grasty is not only the Harney County Judge, he is the Health Adminstrator, County Commissioner, Chief Budget Officer and CEO!!! No separation of powers in Harney County. Grasty also oversees the County’s landfills.

Court records show another person who regularly attended County Court meetings named Sam Kasir also worked for the Saudi-American Oil Company until his death last year. Kasir regularly traveled to Saudi Arabia and to Switzerland. His wife Wanda also worked for the Saudi-American Oil Company and both were local Freemasons along with Bill Quier, the Harney County Planning Commissioner and Steven Grasty.

Court records show the Hammond’s also regularly attended meetings with the BLM. So they had to be pretty knowledgeable about the BLM’s activities.

Because the EPA has redefined water rights, people no longer own those rights on their land. Water is now defined as a mineral. Note: How Nestle has taken control of the water in California.

Below is research and notes from a Reader, to whom we all owe a great deal. . . and at the very least, my thanks. ~J

Jean, I am sending you this educational and informative video link from Professor Doom 1 that captures an interview from rancher Wayne Hage, Sr. who lost his ranch in Nevada. Hage reveals the reasons why starting from about the 10:49 mark to about 16:39. Professor Doom 1 does a great job of informing us on the laws that pertain to ranching, mining and mineral rights.

This post contains my rough notes along with my comments in parenthesis from video linked below by Professor Doom 1. BTW, the Grasty/BLM thing appears to be a family affair. PD1 found Grasty’s brother, Brent is also listed as a BLM agent on the Vail, Colorado office website.

Uranium One is posting a lot of content related to events in Harney County and are concerned about “planned developments” in the area. (I did find in the minutes of the County Court meeting that Steven Grasty mentioned that they wanted to put “a wall around the development.” Why would they need to do that? So people can’t see what they are really doing?).

Former Nevada rancher of the Pine Creek Ranch Wayne Hage, Sr. reveals that ranchers sit over the majority of water resources in the Western States and international corporate interest in owning and controlling water is one of the key drivers behind putting ranchers out of business. Hage says the Forest Service and BLM laid claim to his water rights and then put him out of business using a ruling called the “Riparian East Doctrine” over “Prior Appropriation Rights.”

A barrel of fresh water is worth more than a barrel of oil (especially now with oil prices bottoming out!). (Now maybe we can begin to understand why the Saudi’s and Freeport-McMoRan and others under shell LLC’s are buying up all the water rights and farmland in the Southwest?) Hage says organizations like the Nature Conservancy will come in an buy these lands and water rights for pennies on the dollar then turn around and sell it off to whomever they want.

(This is exactly what happened with the Saugatuck Dunes Case in Michigan. Before he became Governor, Rick Snyder was on the BOD of the Nature Conservancy at the time when they purchased the land and water rights. And it just so happens this land sits over one of the largest drift aquifers in the State. They knew this and used environmental concerns to cover up the real motive for controlling the land. Next a Cabal front shell LLC development company came in with plans to put in a development adjacent to the aquifer. They illegally forced the local planning commission to change the zoning so they could gain access to the water and even went so far as to try to disguise their architectural and engineering plans enclosing a large pumphouse).

In a court ruling in Reno, NV., the 9th Circuit Court went around the jurisdiction of the local judge and sided with the BLM over Hage. The Court took away Hage’s water rights and turned them over to the BLM. History on this goes back to the Sagebrush Rebellion in 1979 where Nevada filed a lawsuit against the Federal Government and the BLM due to their overreach. In 1980 Ronald Reagon, siding with the ranchers promised to turn the lands back over to the States ,but that is not what happened. Secretary of the Interior James Watt loosened regulations so the lawsuit was dropped.

Who owns the mineral rights and what does that mean? The people are supposed to own those rights however, in 1916 the Mineral Rights Act was enacted stating that landowners do not own rights to the minerals on their land. That ruling was further clarified in 1982 defining minerals to include water.

How do geologists define a mineral? There are five basi characteristics. It must not be made by humans. It must be organic. It must be a solid. A limited number of physical compositions and have an ordered atomic structure. Water and oil are not a solid but the BLM has redefined what is a mineral and is treating water as mineral.

Mr. Hage talked about “Fees and Fee Simple.” In most cases the government owns the minerals. Now with the new definitions BLM decides who, or when you can use the land. For example the American people paid for this land just like the Louisiana Purchase and Alaska – so why do we not have access to it? The Federal Government did not pay for anything. We did! The Government has been taking these lands away from all of us in an unlawful manner.

Property owners like Hage owned both property and mineral rights which is known as a “Fee Simple Estate.” “Fee Simple” is the most basic type of ownership which means you own the surface and the subsurface and can lease your rights and receive royalty checks. What is happening is the BLM is extorting people from their land and then leasing it out to corporate interests either to pay off debts or to make money for themselves.

Mr. Hage’s case centered around the “Prior Appropriations Doctrine”, gave Hage the right to forage. Under the new doctrine the BLM has denied the use of those rights. The BLM claims they own the land and the rights. Ranchers are finding themselves surrounded by BLM land grabs that are putting them out of business. BLM grazing permits are being denied and that exacerbates the situation in which ranchers are increasingly finding themselves.

The Hammond’s ranch was identified by the BLM as “high potential for Uranium mining.” Water is now more valuable than oil. (Harney County apparently is now a major source of water along with Uranium and other valuable minerals. This corresponds with the previous documented studies I sent you that they are now trying to refute and cover up.)

Documented Studies:

Malheur County targeted for gold, uranium mines:

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-no...ed_for_go.html

A list of some of the mining companies interested in Oregon, particularly Harney and Mahleur Counties:

“Oregon Energy LLC owns and operates uranium projects. It owns 72 uranium lode claims and spread across 580 hectares. The company was incorporated in 2010 and is based in the United States. Oregon Energy LLC operates as a subsidiary of Energy Ventures Ltd.”

http://www.bloomberg.com/research/st...apid=109304380

Info on Energy Ventures:

http://www.energyventures.no/

Energy Ventures is formally known as Uranium One:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uranium_One

Now Russian ARMZ Uranium Holding:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARMZ_Uranium_Holding

Interesting blog on how Russia now controls most of the US uranium through the NAFTA trade agreement, with the assistance of the Clintons and Canadian Billioniare Frank Guistra:

https://miningawareness.wordpress.co...tralia-the-us/

Calico Resources appears to be a major stakeholder in extracting gold in Malheur County next to Harney County where according to Ammon Bundy the Federal Governement wants to establish a National Monument that would affect 350-400 ranchers:

http://calicoresources.com/projects/...ect-1/sp1-info

Background on Oregon Energy LLC’s proposal to the BLM. According to this information the project was put on-hold due to Sage Grouse habitat concerns:

http://www.blm.gov/or/energy/uranium.php

BLM NonRenewableEnergyDevelopment.pdf map. This BLM map shows the locations of Uranium mining many which overlap the DOD’s interests:

http://www.blm.gov/or/energy/files/N...rgyDevelop.pdf

Oregon Geology Study posted by Dr.William Mount:

http://www.oregongeology.org/pubs/gms/p-GMS.htm

I suggest going to William Mount’s youTube channel at this link for more discussion and information on the natural gas reserves and other valuable resources found in the area:

Hydrology map for Harney County:

http://pubs.usgs.gov/ha/ha730/ch_h/H-text12.html

Harney County Judge Steven Grasty says he was shocked about the State imposing a water extraction moratorium in the county. If the STATE OF OREGON is a corporation then my guess is that would make the Oregon Department of Water Resources a corporation too. The Ground Water Manager placed a 5 year well drilling moratorium in Harney County but so far has only made anedoctal statements about the Harney Basin being in trouble. Where’s the proof? Ammon Bundy said in the Dave Hodge’s interview that ranchers access to water has been cut off. I think this needs to be reviewed very carefully too.

http://www.opb.org/news/article/harn...dwater-wells-/

This is direct link to the Oregon Department of Water Resources maps:

http://www.oregon.gov/owrd/Pages/maps/index.aspx

https://jhaines6a.wordpress.com/2016...ls-of-the-blm/

I would rep you Phill, but once again, I can't.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.