Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shots Fired! Rand just called out Ted on voter shaming on Twitter! This could be impactful

Shots Fired! Rand just called out Ted on voter shaming on Twitter! This could be impactful

https://twitter.com/RandPaul?ref_src...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Hypocrisy is @TedCruz shaming #Iowacaucus goers for missing votes after missing #AudittheFedhttp://bit.ly/1KgXUWR

This is pretty crazy! Very stupid move by the Cruz camp, especially considering Cruz has missed over 20 percent of his votes!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Good idea getting this story more out there, but he should have used the picture that had the address blacked out.

Some online sites are picking up on Rand's response. http://conservativeintel.com/2016/01...y-iowa-mailer/

Interestingly enough, this has a little bit of an NSA vibe to it. Many voters are already posting this is a huge turn-off. Can't believe he did this... Very stupid. Obama did this in 2008, but will less shamming. This may help Rand a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by kbs021 View Post
    Some online sites are picking up on Rand's response. http://conservativeintel.com/2016/01...y-iowa-mailer/

Interestingly enough, this has a little bit of an NSA vibe to it. Many voters are already posting this is a huge turn-off. Can't believe he did this... Very stupid. Obama did this in 2008, but will less shamming. This may help Rand a bit.
    I totally get the vibe of that letter being a giant guilt trip. "Hey look you are rated at an "F". You suck. How about you go vote this time so you dont suck so bad. Here. Cruz enlightened you to this fact, so just vote for him" It seems super dirty.
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Iowa secretary of state just posted this comment and has a great point. Statement from Secretary of State Paul Pate Regarding Misleading Mailer from Cruz for President CampaignDES MOINES – "Today I was shown a piece of literature from the Cruz for President campaign that misrepresents the role of my office, and worse, misrepresents Iowa election law. Accusing citizens of Iowa of a "voting violation" based on Iowa Caucus participation, or lack thereof, is false representation of an official act. There is no such thing as an election violation related to frequency of voting. Any insinuation or statement to the contrary is wrong and I believe it is not in keeping in the spirit of the Iowa Caucuses.
    Additionally, the Iowa Secretary of State's Office never "grades" voters. Nor does the Secretary of State maintain records related to Iowa Caucus participation. Caucuses are organized and directed by the state political parties, not the Secretary of State, nor local elections officials. Also, the Iowa Secretary of State does not "distribute" voter records. They are available for purchase for political purposes only, under Iowa Code.” - Paul D. Pate, Iowa Secretary of State

So this isn't illegal to essentially "threaten" people with "notices" if they dont comply with the letter?
    Last edited by ds21089; 01-30-2016 at 02:56 PM.
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Maybe someone ought to Drudge this......

I doubt there can be legal action, however, the fact that this letter has the "voting violation" headline really pushes the line.. It is my hope that there is some big coverage on this. Pisses me off to no end!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I've seen campaigns do stuff like this with donor records, too. "here is a list of your neighbors and how much they have donated, where you are the only one who donated $0"
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Additionally, the Iowa Secretary of State's Office never "grades" voters. Nor does the Secretary of State maintain records related to Iowa Caucus participation. Caucuses are organized and directed by the state political parties, not the Secretary of State, nor local elections officials.
    So if the grades are factual and not made-up, the only way Rafael would have gotten that info is from the State GOP. Cruz just basically made the Republican party of Iowa look bad.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    So if the grades are factual and not made-up, the only way Rafael would have gotten that info is from the State GOP. Cruz just basically made the Republican party of Iowa look bad.
    AJ Spiker could shed a lot more light on this.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

I $#@!ing hate this man more than ANYTHING. He will do and say anything to get elected. I wonder how many dumb people will believe this and feel like they have to caucus for him under the law?

if you voted or not during each election and what party you're in is released to the public tbh I don't see how that qualifies as public information, it shouldn't be.
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    AJ Spiker could shed a lot more light on this.
    Rand Paul for Peace

Hypocrisy is @TedCruz shaming #Iowacaucus goers for missing votes after missing #AudittheFedhttp://bit.ly/1KgXUWR
    I wish some talented artist should take his letter and doctor it up with his missing the vote for Audit the Fed and grade him with an F.
    Might make a nice Twitter meme.

Rand just called him out again using the Secretary of States post. Tactics of a career politician #busTed

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This needs to be brought up at every caucus location on Monday.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

This, actually, may be the deciding factor for many at caucus night to switch away from Cruz.

Well, that, and about a thousand other legitimate reasons to do so.
    +

#busTed on Saturday, #rejecTed on Monday

Everyone here needs to share this on social media.. WE NEED THE MEDIA to cover this garbage. This could be the opening we needed to turn a 3-4 place finish into a 1-2 place finish. I have yet to see one Cruz supporter deny this screw up.. They are being quite negative about this. Rand is the only one calling him out so far, AND he has the senate voting record to do this.. Cruz is com-busting. #BusTed

Quote Originally Posted by 01000110 View Post
    #busTed on Saturday, #rejecTed on Monday
    #obliteraTed
    +

The mailer includes people in the military away from Iowa. I had a friend who actually was a Ted Cruz supporter who called the Iowa campaign spoke to a volunteer there, and raging. They said they are going to put out a statement and that staffer has been fired. HAHAHA

#humiliaTed

Thus is too easy!
    +

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alldayallie View Post
    The mailer includes people in the military away from Iowa. I had a friend who actually was a Ted Cruz supporter who called the Iowa campaign spoke to a volunteer there, and raging. They said they are going to put out a statement and that staffer has been fired. HAHAHA
    I can't wait until he fires his entire campaign

That just reminds me.... incineraTed

Ok. I'll stop.
    +

Never even thought about that.. Firing one guy doesn't even make sense to me.. There is no way one person had control of an entire piece of campaign mail like this.. The campaign CLEARLY thought they could get away with this. Didn't even think about them shamming vets that couldn't have participated in a caucus. This has gotta be one of the dumbest moves by Cruz in the entire campaign. Let's hope this doesn't help Trump too much, but helps us.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    I wish some talented artist should take his letter and doctor it up with his missing the vote for Audit the Fed and grade him with an F.
    Might make a nice Twitter meme.
    my thoughts exactly.
    in a similar vein:

Ted Cruz for the Big House. Rand Paul for the White House!

Theres a youtube going viral about the Truth about Ted Cruz. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtL41Pr2d5s It already has over 41 thousand viewers. Also www.thetruthabouttedcruz.com

I just called Ted's Iowa HQ and they continue to say they did not intend for this to happen and they are extremely sorry, the staffer has been fired and Mr. Cruz's Iowa and Nationwide campaign will have a statement out soon.

I asked them about the vets that are away from Iowa supporting this country, and they just said they are very sorry for the actions of the staffer.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast