Thread: Google trends not listing Rand Paul for debate

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Google people are asshoes!

Maybe it's just the limit for how many searches can be seen, not downright censoring?

To be fair they aren't listing kasich either, but it's not like he has any search interest at all.

You're telling me 0 people are searching for Rand Paul during this debate?

Bull. $#@!ing. $#@!.

@VincentHarris
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by rg17 View Post
    Google people are asshoes!
    Google is in the bag for DNC.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Google is in the bag for DNC.
    Seems to be Microsoft is too, so not surprising, unfortunately.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Maybe they arent showing him because he's winning.

https://twitter.com/BW_React
    Last edited by ds21089; 01-28-2016 at 09:21 PM.
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Obviously he's winning that's the only honest conclusion... $#@!ers....

this must not stand.

Tech recon team, activate!
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

That fits my own perceptions. Rand totally dominated when he got to talk (which was mostly toward the beginning).

So.... What's being implied? That Google is trying to stop him now? That Google's feels threatened by Rand Paul?

Quote Originally Posted by nasaal View Post
    So.... What's being implied? That Google is trying to stop him now? That Google's feels threatened by Rand Paul?
    No, but this was a fox-google debate, and we already know Fox can't be trusted, the evidence is obvious

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QcbaMCfzW0

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post

That fits my own perceptions. Rand totally dominated when he got to talk (which was mostly toward the beginning).
    That big spike for Cruz in the middle was from people looking up his old videos to find stuff like:

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Meanwhile, on the twitter:

The danger with Google's involvement is that, through the capture and realtime analysis of data, they have power to manipulate perception that makes the mainstream media look like ants. With enough data and computing power, a theorhetical entity could analyze the things people search for online and mold their perception by withholding certain information related to their search, or making cerrain info appear first. People think they are educating themselves when searching for facts online. There appears to be so much information that surely the truth must rise to the surface, but because the curation of information is ultimately controlled by a single entity, we are in actuality only receiving information which that entity allows.

Imagine a debate where every person's reaction to a candidate's responses are captured in real time and follow-up questions are instantly calculated according to those reactions. Public perception could be controlled or at least hedged with such a distopian system of thought herding, and this is the kind of power that Google dreams of.

Stop giving your thoughts to these companies to sell. You are their product.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Stealth View Post
    The danger with Google's involvement is that, through the capture and realtime analysis of data, they have power to manipulate perception that makes the mainstream media look like ants. With enough data and computing power, a theorhetical entity could analyze the things people search for online and mold their perception by withholding certain information related to their search, or making cerrain info appear first. People think they are educating themselves when searching for facts online. There appears to be so much information that surely the truth must rise to the surface, but because the curation of information is ultimately controlled by a single entity, we are in actuality only receiving information which that entity allows.

Imagine a debate where every person's reaction to a candidate's responses are captured in real time and follow-up questions are instantly calculated according to those reactions. Public perception could be controlled or at least hedged with such a distopian system of thought herding, and this is the kind of power that Google dreams of.

Stop giving your thoughts to these companies to sell. You are their product.
    Yep. Truth. This should scare most people, but your average person doesnt even realize the extent of where this technology has went. All information, past and real time is available to a few chosen entities, and they can pull the stats on someone as an individual, or as a group, and they have algorithms that can even predict the future with good accuracy. The media completes the feedback loop. The talking heads get told what to say, so actually they are a part of a computer program. This is why you see the program trying to crash when it comes to Rand, he is giving them a hell of a time keeping him down.

Quote Originally Posted by DJH73 View Post
    Yep. Truth. This should scare most people, but your average person doesnt even realize the extent of where this technology has went. All information, past and real time is available to a few chosen entities, and they can pull the stats on someone as an individual, or as a group, and they have algorithms that can even predict the future with good accuracy. The media completes the feedback loop. The talking heads get told what to say, so actually they are a part of a computer program. This is why you see the program trying to crash when it comes to Rand, he is giving them a hell of a time keeping him down.
    Surely we've all noticed the phrasing about Rand/Ron from the talking heads. "It looks like he might win, and maybe people want him to win, and perhaps he has some good points, but he CAN'T win." I've yet to hear an explanation or sound theories from these same heads as to why the mysterious laws of nature just can't let Rand win, it's just some sort of fact, like 0 cannot equal 1.

$#@!ers.

Now I'm gonna go search Rand Paul in google about a zillion times, brb.
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Stealth View Post
    Surely we've all noticed the phrasing about Rand/Ron from the talking heads. "It looks like he might win, and maybe people want him to win, and perhaps he has some good points, but he CAN'T win." I've yet to hear an explanation or sound theories from these same heads as to why the mysterious laws of nature just can't let Rand win, it's just some sort of fact, like 0 cannot equal 1.
    That is the whole thing is about suggestion. Actually the "news reporters" are sort of like black magic workers who cast a spell onto the masses. Ive heard the same out of all sorts of different people. My answer to them?" Well if you continue to let the mainstream networks do the thinking for you, nothing will ever change." But the method works so well, it kept Ron from being the nominee. If he had gotten it, he would have beat Obama hands down, the same with Rand. So they must repeat the mantra at all costs " he is unelectable". This is the elites control system. And I think one reason why they must abolish the last small avenues of free speech, like AM radio. There are a few small town local stations left that give local un edited news, and this we can not have.

What would that Google trends graph look like with Rand on it?