Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FBI Video- "Complete, Unedited Video of Joint FBI and OSP Operation 01/26/2016"

FBI Video- "Complete, Unedited Video of Joint FBI and OSP Operation 01/26/2016"

"Published on Jan 28, 2016

This is the complete video footage of a joint FBI and Oregon State Police traffic stop and OSP officer-involved shooting of Robert "LaVoy" Finicum on the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge. This footage, which has only been edited to blur out aircraft information, was taken by the FBI on 01/26/2016 and released by the FBI on 01/28/2016."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAGxDWKrjPQ

I have not watched this yet... wanted to put it up for all to see

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Thumbs down

Thumbs down on youtube
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Thumbs down on youtube
    980 up 486 down.

Did the victim have his hands up in the air?
    No one here wanted to be the Billionaire.

We can pick apart every decision made that led to this and blame whoever we want, but in court, this is practically suicide by cop.

Based on that video I see nothing wrong in how they handled it. In fact, it seems like the silk glove treatment. And as I said in the other thread, Lavoy is lucky he didn't get everyone in that truck killed.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Vidual View Post
    Did the victim have his hands up in the air?
    Yes, and No.
    He did have his hands up, then reached for something, possibly a gun.
    What does anyone else see at @ about 9:30? He took his arms down.
    Last edited by Indy Vidual; 01-28-2016 at 10:18 PM.

The date on the video is 1-27 not 1-26

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Both of the original eyewitnesses (as is often the case) were partially right. One said he ran towards the officers (which he did but had his hands up) and the second that he was shot with his hands up (he may have been shot before the one he went down on but the fatal one he had his hands down) and it certainly does look like he was trying to get his gun out before that last shot took him down. And there were certainly flashes which were reported as gas canisters. Were those necessary? The vehicle and the people in it were certainly not going anyplace being stuck in that snowdrift.

Key point starts about nine minutes in.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 01-28-2016 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GomerPile View Post
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

OK, so he came out with his hands up, and then changed his mind. Why?

Quote Originally Posted by GomerPile View Post
    The time is less than a half hour after midnight so:
    1) That time cannot possibly be correct.
    2) The setting on the camera could be off by ~8 or 12 hours?

What time (on the 26th) was the shooting?

Thank you for contributing but it is already being discussed in another thread Davesnotwhere, of 18 posts since '12, Eduardo. Thanks. I'll forward a merge to the mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    It needs audio for extra info. If he was reaching for his pocket-copy of the Constitution then he chose a really bad time.
    No one here wanted to be the Billionaire.

Maybe he was reaching for a stick of gum, or his ID?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Many will call it murder, having audio would give more facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Maybe he was reaching for a stick of gum, or his ID?
    Without audio who knows... Maybe he was reaching for the fresh hole just put in his hip?

Whatever happened, the loss of life is sad and IMO, was unnecessary.

Many will call it murder, having audio would give more facts.
    i'm calling murder because i have to take the entire context of how Lavoy got to where he ended up. The guy was literally FED up with his situation in regards to his personal run ins with the BLM, Bundy, and all the rest of it. Lavoy was an honest man only trying to get through life like the rest of us. Murdered because he took the Constitution seriously to his heart, and pissed off the Kings men.

RIP Lavoy

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    RIP Lavoy
    Yes, RIP Robert "LaVoy" Finicum.

Again- the eye witness said his hands came down when he slipped a bit in the snow.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Again- the eye witness said his hands came down when he slipped a bit in the snow.
    Maybe. That's not what it looked like to me. To me it looked like he came out fully intending to surrender and something made him realize that wasn't going to be allowed.

It seemed like shots were fired and then he dropped his hands as if to say "hold it a minute!" and then he tried to get his gun out to defend himself and that was when he was killed. Without sound it is impossible to tell for sure.

I remember reading earlier that he attempted to ram into the barricade. Hmm he definitely swerved to avoid it. Why did that fool run from behind the black pickup at 9:16 directly in front of the oncoming vehicle? My guess is he got out with his hands up and the cop from the woods and the one behind him were not in the taking prisoner mood so he reached for his gun to defend himself. Cops probably yelling something like, "What the $#@! you doing? You tried to run him over" just before they wasted him.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yes, and No.
    He did have his hands up, then reached for something, possibly a gun.
    What does anyone else see at @ about 9:30? He took his arms down.
    You think maybe he reached for a gun because after he put his hands up, they were putting rounds into him?
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

This was a planned ambush.
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

Perhaps they told him to drop his gun in the snow and when he attempted to do so, the prearranged shooter in the woods nailed him.

Hands were up coming out but he most certainly started reaching for something so..........

Quote Originally Posted by jbauer View Post
    Hands were up coming out but he most certainly started reaching for something so..........
    Let this be a lesson. If you are told at gunpoint to drop your weapon and it's in your holster, just leave it there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Perhaps they told him to drop his gun in the snow and when he attempted to do so, the prearranged shooter in the woods nailed him.

I thought that at first too. Especially given that the second male exiting the truck very clearly threw something in the snow before he put his hands up and began his approach to the pigs. But upon closer observation, it looks like they started shooting him and he's reacting to the gun shots to his abdomen. This is so sad, and maddening!
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast