Thread: Trump Didn’t Want Disabled Vets Near Trump Tower, Petitioned to Have Them Removed

Trump Didn’t Want Disabled Vets Near Trump Tower, Petitioned to Have Them Removed

http://www.mediaite.com/online/trump...r-trump-tower/

Whether they are veterans or not, they should not be allowed to sell on this most important and prestigious shopping street,” he wrote. “The image of New York City will suffer… I hope you can stop this very deplorable situation before it is too late.”
    In a statement following his announcement that he would not be participating in tonight’s GOP debate on Fox News, Donald Trump‘s campaign said, “[He will] host an event in Iowa to raise money for the Veterans and Wounded Warriors, who have been treated so horribly by our all talk, no action politicians.” This morning, Ben Ferguson contrasted that with statements the real estate tycoon made in 1991 and 2004, when he tried to get homeless and disabled veterans kicked off of Fifth Avenue in front of the famed Trump Tower.
    R[∃vo˩]ution

I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism. -Ronald Reagan

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Scum bags
    Gonna
    Scum
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Could be being taken out of context, reminds me of this one call I went on when I was with the force. Nice neighborhood, million dollar homes. This lady's next door neighbor was having a yard sale -- apparently her husband was running around and she was selling his stuff, so a lot of unkempt people were there to get this guys stuff. Anyway her neighbor called us and said she didn't want the rift-raft in her neighborhood yadda yadda, we couldn't do anything about it of course.

As much as I hate Trump saying this, it's no different than what the above woman from my story was saying. Luckily for those veteran's this is a free country still and they are allowed to sell wherever the hell they want.

Trump has no history of holding big fundraisers for charity and to support Vets. He's one of the stingiest billionaires in the US.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    Trump has no history of holding big fundraisers for charity and to support Vets. He's one of the stingiest billionaires in the US.
    As POTUS, he's been pretty pro Vets and cares about serving people.

Although some Vet groups apparently still unhappy with his policies:

Vets group sues Trump administration to end 'Mar-A-Lago Council' influence on VA

Following the launch of an investigation by Congressional Democrats into cronyism at the agency, the lawsuit asks the court to block the trio who reportedly influenced the agency’s Cerner EHR contract and other policies.

President Donald Trump's beach front Mar-a-Lago resort. Photo by Joe Raedle, Getty Images

Veterans’ advocacy group VoteVets and Democracy Forward filed a lawsuit against the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs on Friday, to stop the influence of three friends of President Donald Trump from further influencing decisions at the agency.

Filed in a Washington, D.C. federal court, the lawsuit asks the court to block the trio dubbed “shadow rulers” from weighing in on decisions, policies and personnel changes. The men in question, Ike Perlmutter, Bruce Moskowitz, MD, and Marc Sherman, are members of the so-called “Mar-A-Lago Council.”

https://www.healthcareitnews.com/new...l-influence-va

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic