Thread: Trump Schedules Rally at Drake University Just Hours after Rand’s Rally

Trump Schedules Rally at Drake University Just Hours after Rand’s Rally

Trump Schedules Rally at Drake University Just Hours after Rand’s Already-Scheduled Rally There

Just saw a report that Trump has scheduled a rally, supposedly to support Veterans, at Drake University only hours after Rand’s already-scheduled Rally there on debate day 1/28.

Rand’s rally is scheduled to start at 3PM

"Drake University - Iowa 10,000 Rally"
    Des Moines, IA
    Time: 3PM

Join Senator Rand Paul at the "Drake University - Iowa 10,000 Rally" and show the Washington establishment that the youth vote DOES matter!
    https://randpaul.com/event/drake-uni...wa-10000-rally

Trump’s rally has doors opening at 5 PM and starts at 8 PM, to compete with and run at same time as the Fox debate in Des Moines.

...The "Donald J. Trump Special Event to Benefit Veterans Organizations” will be hosted by Drake University in Des Moines, Iowa, with doors opening at 5 p.m. local time, and the event itself starting at 8 p.m. — exactly when Fox News lifts the curtain on its main stage debate...
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...cid=spartanntp

Is this a slimy move by Trump to co-opt Rand’s rally? To try to steal his supporters? To make Rand’s supporters look bad if they choose to march to the debate site after Rand’s rally, instead of sticking around to attend Trump’s rally and thereby “turning their backs on the Vets”?

Is Rand’s campaign aware of this?

Anyone (especially on-the-ground in Iowa) have more info?
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The venues are different. Rand's is at Olmstead Center, Trump's is at Sheslow Auditorium
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Funny how Trlump and Cruz keep following Rand around and co-opting his positions...Rand is more powerful than we think...quite the leader who, who never gets the credit...very humble, unlike the imitators.

Don't like how Trump and Cruz are using Vets as political props... I would love Rand to bring that up

Quote Originally Posted by kbs021 View Post
    Don't like how Trump and Cruz are using Vets as political props... I would love Rand to bring that up
    Leaves a bad taste in my mouth, too
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

Quote Originally Posted by francisco View Post
    Leaves a bad taste in my mouth, too
    I've seen a lot of negative comments about it in GOP media today, online and TV.

Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic