Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rand's NH Campaign Office Break In

Rand's NH Campaign Office Break In

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ..just trump supporters doing their thing.

Ohkay... Is this suspicious ?
    "I am a bird"

Just Cruz supporter getting call lists so they can try to poach Rand's supporters

I hope this was just vandalism.
    "I am commonly opposed to those who modestly assume the rank of champions of liberty, and make a very patriotic noise about the people. It is the stale artifice which has duped the world a thousand times, and yet, though detected, it is still successful."

--Fisher Ames (1789)

Very curious to hear the details of this.

Somebody trying to steal Rand's thunder?
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If Rand were so inconsequential, why is this happening? Is someone desperate to get some sort of proprietary campaign info, such as addresses, ect? Who is threatened, and who gains?

I hope somebody had some surveillance in place. If we can figure out who did it and see who they support, it might be some fuel to use against them. Though I'd highly doubt the police would even help Rand. They would probably just say they there's nothing they can do or the investigation yielded nothing.
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by ds21089 View Post
    I hope somebody had some surveillance in place. If we can figure out who did it and see who they support, it might be some fuel to use against them. Though I'd highly doubt the police would even help Rand. They would probably just say they there's nothing they can do or the investigation yielded nothing.
    Pretty sure nobody would break into a place with a "Cruz 2016" t-shirt on, lol
    "Freedom, then Pizza!" - Oklahoma State GOP Convention 5/11/2012

Quote Originally Posted by RabbitMan View Post
    Haha. No I meant if we can get a name / face perhaps it can be searched online for them on facebook or whatever and look at their posts and what not. This is horrible. I wonder what they were after and if they were successful in getting it.
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Probably just the kids of the Watergate burglers.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I always thought Cruz had a resemblance to Nixon.

More info on the break-in

http://truthinmedia.com/breaking-ran...puters-stolen/

Sen. Rand Paul’s presidential campaign office in New Hampshire was broken into sometime in the past 24 hours, robbed of computers with databases and campaign files, according to social media posts from one of the candidate’s top advisers.

Michael Biundo, serving as a National Senior Adviser for Senator Paul’s presidential campaign, posted to his Facebook and Twitter accounts this morning with the following update: “Getting ready to go to Iowa today for the final caucus push and now I am dealing with our New Hampshire for Rand Paul office being broken into. I needed more stress this morning. Thanks.”

Wow does that stink! I hope his campaign won't be hurt.
    "I am commonly opposed to those who modestly assume the rank of champions of liberty, and make a very patriotic noise about the people. It is the stale artifice which has duped the world a thousand times, and yet, though detected, it is still successful."

--Fisher Ames (1789)

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitMan View Post
    Sure people would do that. Just not people who actually supported Cruz.

They stole the campaigns databases!? Holy $#@!! This is clearly a rival campaign!

Should Rand mention this at the debate? "I wasnt sure if I would get invited to this debate, seeing how I was left off of polls results posted on Fox, with somebody listed twice instead of my name, and another person having their picture above my name. Then just the other day my campaign office was broken into my computers with personal campaign databases on it were stolen. It's strange how these things only happen to me" something along those lines. If people see there's people ignoring him, being bias against him, and attacking him, they might rally behind him.
    Last edited by ds21089; 01-27-2016 at 11:35 AM.

Should Rand mention this at the debate? "I wasnt sure if I would get invited to this debate, seeing how I was left off of polls results posted on Fox, with somebody listed twice instead of my name, and another person having their picture above my name. Then just the other day my campaign office was broken into my computers with personal campaign databases on it were stolen. It's strange how these things only happen to me" something along those lines. If people see there's people ignoring him, being bias against him, and attacking him, they might rally behind him.
    I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by mit26chell View Post
    They stole the campaigns databases!? Holy $#@!! This is clearly a rival campaign!
    Hopefully they used encryption...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

If I were him, it would be my opening statement.

I would simply explain to the audience that a rival campaign broke into his office and stole his information. Then explicitly allocate the remainder of his time in silence, until someone stepped forward.
    They confronted me in the day of my calamity, but the Lord was my support.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I really hope they encrypted the files....I encrypted a voter list just for my precinct delegate race.
    Last edited by EBounding; 01-27-2016 at 12:07 PM.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Don't take this as destructive criticism, but if I was running a campaign for president with stakes this high, I would have somebody sleeping at every single campaign headquarters in every state. Who didn't see this coming?

Quote Originally Posted by hells_unicorn View Post
    Don't take this as destructive criticism, but if I was running a campaign for president with stakes this high, I would have somebody sleeping at every single campaign headquarters in every state. Who didn't see this coming?
    I agree. If this is happening, I can only imagine there's nothing in place to help prevent the corrupt voting shenanigans that took place last time around.

$#@!ing $#@!s. I really hope they had backups of this. It would be very irresponsible to leave all that behind and not have any backups.

This sucks, but we can make lemonade out of it.

...also, if a suspect is IDed soon, and it turns out to be someone associated with another campaign, the resulting press would almost be worth them having done it.

A thorough investigation could yield results. Perhaps there were not cameras actually in the office, however if you are in the business of stealing computers you are going to need a vehicle, you are going to need to park that vehicle and you are going to need to carry computers to it. I know nothing of what the campaign offices are like or where they are situated but I would like to think that these things mean that there is a decent chance of catching the perps on camera somewhere around the building.

Moreover these are the Presidential campaign offices of a sitting U.S. Senator, so I would also like to think that law enforcement will take this investigation pretty seriously, and if there is evidence to be found they will do their best to try to find it.

Most thefts of phones/tablets/laptops these days lead to the perp being photographed by the device they stole. I know these are probably desktop PC's but I also wonder if the use of any of the hardware or software could create a trail and lead investigators to the computers.

Maybe I am being overly optimistic, but if the perps can be identified, and if it can be demonstrated to be a political theft, that will makes some serious waves.
    For Liberty!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast