Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is This True????

Is This True????

I was listening to a re-run of today's broadcast of Infowars, and although they are fans of Rand Paul; they mentioned Rand endorsed Mitt Romney while Ron was still in the Presidential race.

Is this true?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by thatpeculiarcat View Post
    Yes.
    Well that sucks, big time. I didn't know that. Infowars leaning towards endorsing Trump, as a result, along with attacking Trump rather than an establishment candidate like Rubio or Bush, and endorsing Mitch McConnell.

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    I was listening to a re-run of today's broadcast of Infowars, and although they are fans of Rand Paul; they mentioned Rand endorsed Mitt Romney while Ron was still in the Presidential race.

Is this true?
    He did it after Romney had already locked up the nomination via delegates.

The GOP nomination was secured, and the Pauls were likely jockeying to get Ron Paul a speaking spot at the GOP Convention. It is unfair to try and turn this now into some "betrayal"...

I just had a big balloon pop. Until tonight, I did not know that Rand Paul endorsed Romney while his dad (my hero), Ron Paul was still in the Presidential race. Right now I have a big middle finger launched straight up Rand's ass. F'k Rand Paul.

It was a strategic move they both were in on. It's not like Rand stabbed Ron in the back. They planned it that way. If InfoWars is stating otherwise then they are misrepresenting what actually took place.
    Sanity Check Radio Show
    http://www.SanityCheckRadioShow.com

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Well, look where it got him. He comes across now, like a regular pussy ass candidate with a ring around his nose; rather than one who stands for principles. I don't know who Rand's staff is, but he should have and should now fire all of them. The country wants someone who stands tall and firm for what is right, not what is politically expedient.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well that sucks, big time. I didn't know that. Infowars leaning towards endorsing Trump, as a result, along with attacking Trump rather than an establishment candidate like Rubio or Bush, and endorsing Mitch McConnell.

Come on, you don't already know this? Ron had already suspended his campaigning, in any case.

Anyways, if Alex Jones wants to support Trump, it has nothing to do with anything Rand has ever said and done. Nothing. That's just them trying to go after a bigger marked.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreigner View Post
    Come on, you don't already know this? Ron had already suspended his campaigning, in any case.

Anyways, if Alex Jones wants to support Trump, it has nothing to do with anything Rand has ever said and done. Nothing. That's just them trying to go after a bigger marked.
    No, I must have been in denial. I worship the ground Ron Paul walks on. I would have bitch slapped anyone, including Rand, who turned on Ron Paul. Are you sure Ron's campaign was suspended? That's not the way Infowars is spinning it.

Well, look where it got him. He comes across now, like a regular pussy ass candidate with a ring around his nose; rather than one who stands for principles. I don't know who Rand's staff is, but he should have and should now fire all of them. The country wants someone who stands tall and firm for what is right, not what is politically expedient.
    What was right was getting Ron a speaking slot at the convention, if at all possible. This has been a building process that lesser pussy asses have chickened away from, the Pauls are among the few who have actually fought.

No, I must have been in denial. I worship the ground Ron Paul walks on. I would have bitch slapped anyone, including Rand, who turned on Ron Paul. Are you sure Ron's campaign was suspended? That's not the way Infowars is spinning it.
    Usually when candidates "suspend the campaign" it means they drop out. But Ron literally suspended campaigning.
    The enemy of my enemy may be worse than my enemy.

I do not suffer from Trump Rearrangement Syndrome. Sorry if that triggers you.

I just had a big balloon pop. Until tonight, I did not know that Rand Paul endorsed Romney while his dad (my hero), Ron Paul was still in the Presidential race. Right now I have a big middle finger launched straight up Rand's ass. F'k Rand Paul.
    Skipping over the fact that somehow you did not know this already, of course he did. Ron was in the race until the convention. Rand waited until Ron had already conceded defeat in an email to his supporters admitting that he would not have enough delegates and it would be impossible to win the nomination.

So yes, technically Ron was still running but no, Rand waited until his father had lost. It's a bit misleading to suggest he endorsed Romney over his father.

Rand never supported Romney - or anyone - over Ron. He campaigned for Ron. He wanted Ron to win. He didn't leave before the campaign was over.

He said all along though that he would "endorse" whoever the eventual nominee was. The "endorsement" really was just a token one... he didn't actively support or help Romney. But it was something that he had to say.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Yep, and after Ron's campaign sent out an email to supporters saying just that.

For everyone in the "reality-based community," the campaign was over, done.

....which is to say, for some people it wasn't over (...still not over evidently...).

Anyway, according to sources inside the campaign, Ron and Rand made a joint decision for Rand to give Romney a pro forma endorsement for at least two reasons:

1) To get Rand a speaking slot at the convention (which he got)
    2) To prevent Romney from launching millions of dollars worth of attack ads against Ron, which he had threatened to do (which he didn't do)

This is your problem. You are getting your information from infowars.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rand actually made a promise when running for his senate seat that he would endorse the Republican nominee, because voters were concerned that he wouldn't because of who his dad was.

He endorsed him due to him having all of the required delegates. He endorsed the nominee because he wanted the establishment to have no reason not to endorse him if he wins the delegates after Obama won his re-election. This is so he can have leverage for his argument and the neocons don't run third party as independent against him.

All it cost him were people who were too sensitive to see that they are giving up their only chance at the person Ron endorsed, you are going against Ron's wishes and since Ron endorses Rand to carry his torch you are going against Ron.

Quote Originally Posted by T.hill View Post
    Rand actually made a promise when running for his senate seat that he would endorse the Republican nominee, because voters were concerned that he wouldn't because of who his dad was.
    Yeah and he can complain if the neocons run third party against him.

When Rand endorsed Mitt, his FB likes dropped dramatically (several thousand, maybe even in 5 figures, in just a matter of days). A lot of us forum members, including myself, sent Rand letters about our disapproval. I wanted nothing to do with Rand up until the debate on 12/15/15--when I donated to the campaign and came back to the forums. (I know May 2012 doesn't seem like a long time, but I had lurked since 07-08 and had an account before this one).

The way I remember it, Mitt HAD NOT secured the nomination by way of delegates because all of the CD/state conventions had not taken place. Ron was very much still in the race, all the way up until North Carolina and a couple other states voted.

A forum member -rep'd me in 2012, telling me that I would "eat my words" and that in addition to Ron, "Rand is good too." Fine, ya' got me. I'm eating my words by my very active presence on this forum and the money I'm sending to the campaign. Rand IS NOT his father, and for the longest time I just viewed him as another "lesser of X evils" type of choice. But after the passion he showed in the last debate, and the one before that, I was sold--something was different about him. DESPITE he endorsing Romney, McConnell, and whomever else, I am proud to stand with Rand.

I just wished more people who felt the way I did in 2012 feel the way I do now.

Also, like many who have already addressed this I find it hard to believe that you didn't already know that. Finally, as a libertarian you should care about the libertarian goals being pursued and not meaningless endorsements that were made 4 years ago.

Infowars leaning towards endorsing Trump, as a result
    Any former Ron supporter who endorses Trump over Rand is a complete moron.

along with attacking Trump rather than an establishment candidate like Rubio or Bush, and endorsing Mitch McConnell.
    Trump is an establishment candidate, and the frontrunner, and Rand is the only one attacking him.

...but by all means, let Jones endorse Trump, he might get a 5% bump in ratings!

...$#@!ing whore.

Is this true?
    You've been a member of this site for as long as I've been here, you claim to worship the ground that Ron Paul walks on, and you don't remember what happened during the closing days of Ron's 2012 run? Seriously? Also, you might want to go easy on your intake of Infowars, people tend to get a little weird when listening to Alex Jones for too long.

Quote Originally Posted by thatpeculiarcat View Post
    When Rand endorsed Mitt, his FB likes dropped dramatically (several thousand, maybe even in 5 figures, in just a matter of days). A lot of us forum members, including myself, sent Rand letters about our disapproval. I wanted nothing to do with Rand up until the debate on 12/15/15--when I donated to the campaign and came back to the forums. (I know May 2012 doesn't seem like a long time, but I had lurked since 07-08 and had an account before this one).

The way I remember it, Mitt HAD NOT secured the nomination by way of delegates because all of the CD/state conventions had not taken place. Ron was very much still in the race, all the way up until North Carolina and a couple other states voted.

A forum member -rep'd me in 2012, telling me that I would "eat my words" and that in addition to Ron, "Rand is good too." Fine, ya' got me. I'm eating my words by my very active presence on this forum and the money I'm sending to the campaign. Rand IS NOT his father, and for the longest time I just viewed him as another "lesser of X evils" type of choice. But after the passion he showed in the last debate, and the one before that, I was sold--something was different about him. DESPITE he endorsing Romney, McConnell, and whomever else, I am proud to stand with Rand.

I just wished more people who felt the way I did in 2012 feel the way I do now.
    Many forgot about the Romney endorsement after his 2013 filibuster.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by fcreature View Post
    This is your problem. You are getting your information from infowars.
    This.

Infowars has a clear and defined agenda. MONEY. In some ways it's a worse scam than MSM. They use rhetoric as if they support issues that are important to liberty lovers, independent thinkers and enimies of collectivism. Then they pervert legit issues and information to bring you to a parinode, negative and unproductive mind state l. Then they try to sell you $#@!.

There is some good info there and they are certainly out in front of some serious issues. Ask yourself this... How often are you in a positive and productive mind state after you get done listening to infowars???? Never

Supporting Trump is all about expanding their market. That's it.

Also. Worshipping the ground somebody walks on is kind of awkward.
    Last edited by TomtheTinker; 01-25-2016 at 11:24 PM.
    "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." —Jeff Cooper

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Moon View Post
    Rand never supported Romney - or anyone - over Ron. He campaigned for Ron. He wanted Ron to win. He didn't leave before the campaign was over.

He said all along though that he would "endorse" whoever the eventual nominee was. The "endorsement" really was just a token one... he didn't actively support or help Romney. But it was something that he had to say.
    This was the key point. Not only was it an empty gesture, it was a method of splitting the difference while not betraying substance, with Rand making the endorsement, so that Ron could go on to not endorse Romney (Mitt the control freak was demanding, Hillary-style, that the entire party bow down and coronate him at that point). The Pauls also seemed to sense Romney would not be winning anyway, so quietly playing along for the next five months would buy Rand a convention speech and better treatment for Paul supporters. After this election period gambit, supporters could go on trying to reform the party, and Rand could prepare for '16 without being branded as having been disloyal regarding supporting the GOP nominee in '12.

All the same, Alex Jones had the same negative reaction to Rand compromising at all, as anybody here on RPF. AJ has the same right to have a bad taste in his mouth over the endorsement as anybody else, and the same right to make pragmatic choices in service to achieving a liberty outcome. He said at the time he would get over Rand's decision, but he would never again have the same unblemished great opinion of the Pauls as he had before. The non-establishment phenomenon has created certain pathways to fight the elites that he has recognized, so in the absence of Rand doing well, AJ is embracing that trend through Trump.
    Last edited by Peace&Freedom; 01-27-2016 at 09:24 AM.
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Quote Originally Posted by TomtheTinker View Post
    This.

Infowars has a clear and defined agenda. MONEY. In some ways it's a worse scam than MSM. They use rhetoric as if they support issues that are important to liberty lovers, independent thinkers and enimies of collectivism. Then they pervert legit issues and information to bring you to a parinode, negative and unproductive mind state l. Then they try to sell you $#@!.

There is some good info there and they are certainly out in front of some serious issues. Ask yourself this... How often are you in a positive and productive mind state after you get done listening to infowars???? Never

Supporting Trump is all about expanding their market. That's it.

Also. Worshipping the ground somebody walks on is kind of awkward.
    Infowars is about getting the truth out as AJ and his staff see it, even if it makes you feel paranoid and negative. If the sources and admissions by former or current officials upset or depress, the issue is the info in those sources and admissions, not the messenger bringing them to the public's attention. Other shows on GCN reflect the same issues and emphasis, suggesting the subjects are not unique to AJ.

AJ also is about doing this without the trappings of regular commercial advertising (i.e., sponsors controlling the content through the backdoor), hence the emphasis on his selected products. If Jones was mainly about money and market share, he would have dropped his conspiracy talk and gotten a regular talk show gig, for which he would have been paid millions, not the mere hundreds of thousands in revenue he generates with Infowars.
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

Mitt Romney won the required number of delegates on June 5th. Rand endorsed on June 7th

Is this true?
    Barely true. Romney had already won all the delegates needed to cinch the nom.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast