Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is This True????

Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    The old thread I referenced above has some great comments in mid-May of '12
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ht=rand+romney
    My guess is that what was behind all those comments at that time was denial. A lot of people here couldn't let go of the campaign and kept wanting it to pursue some strategy of nominating Ron at the convention. Ron didn't want that. Rand did him and those people a service by helping to put that to rest with his endorsement.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    I was listening to a re-run of today's broadcast of Infowars, and although they are fans of Rand Paul; they mentioned Rand endorsed Mitt Romney while Ron was still in the Presidential race.

Is this true?
    Many folks will spin and parse words to try and make it appear otherwise, but yes, it is very true.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    My guess is that what was behind all those comments at that time was denial. A lot of people here couldn't let go of the campaign and kept wanting it to pursue some strategy of nominating Ron at the convention. Ron didn't want that. Rand did him and those people a service by helping to put that to rest with his endorsement.
    Dianne, if you choose to believe this is the truth, then a corollary truth must also be:

Ron grifted millions of dollars out of well meaning people that could barely afford it, into thinking he still had a campaign to donate to.

It's one or the other, it cannot be both.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

NOT TRUE. Once Romney got the nod, Rand had nothing else he could do.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Many folks will spin and parse words to try and make it appear otherwise, but yes, it is very true.
    Not that you need it, but I'll vouch for this.

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    Ron Paul's former foreign policy adviser wasn't happy about it: http://original.antiwar.com/giraldi/...tics-as-usual/
    Great link . . . Romney discussion convinced Rand ?

Endorsing Evil Is Politics as Usual
    by Philip Giraldi, June 14, 2012

Last Wednesday, Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky endorsed Mitt Romney for president of the United States and followed up
    a day later by saying he would be “honored” to be Romney’s choice for vice president. Paul pledged his support after
    having a discussion with Romney in which the latter outlined some of his positions that were of particular concern.

According to Paul, Romney supported “reforming the Federal Reserve, limiting regulations, and opposing the Stop Online Privacy Act,”
    adding that “there is a lot of kinship between us on those issues.”

Regarding Mitt’s foreign policy views, Rand Paul told Sean Hannity that “[we] had a very good and I think honest discussion about a lot of these things;
    and I came away from it feeling he would be a very responsible commander in chief, I don’t think he’ll be reckless, I don’t think he’ll be rash, and I think that
    he realizes and believes as I do that war is a last resort and something we don’t rush willy-nilly into, and I came away feeling that he’ll have
    [a] mature attitude and beliefs toward foreign policy.”

Basically, Rand Paul came away with nothing in exchange for providing Mitt Romney with some modicum of acceptability . . .

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewYorker View Post
    Mitt Romney won the required number of delegates on June 5th. Rand endorsed on June 7th
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Barely true. Romney had already won all the delegates needed to cinch the nom.
    this is good enough for me. Rand is loyal to his father, always. yes, a few ideas were
    floating around, but to make them work so very late in the game, deals had to be cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    this is good enough for me. Rand is loyal to his father, always. yes, a few ideas were
    floating around, but to make them work so very late in the game, deals had to be cut.
    And we see how well all those "deals" paid off.

The real kicker is that Ron Paul 2012 was used to try and defend Rand's endorsement of Mitt Romney through campaign blogger Jack Hunter.
    Jack Hunter not only tried to tell us this was necessary, but then Jack Hunter couldn't and wouldn't respond to emails on his stupid piece.

Get that? RonPaul2012.com was used to try and defend Rand Paul's endorsement of Mitt Romney.
    Ron Paul 2012 was used TO DEFEND AN ENDORSEMENT OF MITT ROMNEY.
    After months of telling us it was about the super secret delegate strategy.
    After months of asking us for money, and to stay involved in the processes.

The liberty movement was destroyed from within, and unfortunately at the expense of many great activists.

But, I would rather forget and not slow down, than gather regret for the things we can't change now.
    It's why I'm voting for Vermin Supreme.
    VOTE EARLY. VOTE OFTEN.
    Vermin Supreme, 2016!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123