Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ben & Jerry’s co-founder creates Sanders ice cream

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulMall View Post
    Not their business anymore. They sold it to Unilever years ago. Unilever still pays them to hang around and design new flavors and what not to detract from the fact that the quality of the ingredients has nose dived after the Corporate takeover and their ice cream is nothing but overpriced garbage now.
    No kidding, I did not know that.

More progressive hypocrisy.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I don't want to Feel the Bern
    Trumped, Berned and OH!-Bomb-ya'ed.

This whole thing is a $#@!ing clown show at this point.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't want to Feel the Bern
    It's for the common good, comrade citizen.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Ben and Jerry's is a POS liberal company
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

I imagine it went down like this:

Bern: Comrade Ben, Comrade Jerry, make me a flavor that captures my dreams for America.

B/J: We would be honored to fulfill your request, Commissar Bernard. Please help us picture your vision for America.

Bern:

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Bet it reminds me of being a kid at the circus.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    I imagine it went down like this:

Bern: Comrade Ben, Comrade Jerry, make me a flavor that captures my dreams for America.

B/J: We would be honored to fulfill your request, Commissar Bernard. Please help us picture your vision for America.

Bern:

OK, so maybe we should create a coffee and donuts ice cream flavor??

Quote Originally Posted by 01000110 View Post
    I heard the only way you can get this stuff is if someone else buys it for you.
    Lol
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by puppetmaster View Post
    Ben and Jerry's is a POS liberal company
    But it's the best ice cream you'll ever get.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by derek4ever View Post
    OK, so maybe we should create a coffee and donuts ice cream flavor??
    And, free soup.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Was that tongue and cheek?

Is Breyer's still around? I used to like them when I was a kid!

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Untrue.. it is a little better than most of the big namebrands, but mostly because of the amount of toppings mixed in.

Try and get your hands on some McConnells salted caramel chip with grass fed dairy.

Last edited by dannno; 01-26-2016 at 12:24 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by derek4ever View Post
    Was that tongue and cheek?
    wit
    Is Breyer's still around? I used to like them when I was a kid!
    Unilever bought Breyer's too, and the situation there is even more dire. When Uniliver bought Ben & Jerry's the quality went down considerably, but it is still "ok" ice cream. But Unilever completely gutted Breyer's, whose claim to fame used to be 100% natural with only milk, cream and sugar plus vanilla bean or whatever the flavor happened to be. Unilever turned Breyer's in to total crap, cheapening the ingredients so much that Breyer's isn't even legally allowed to call themselves Ice Cream anymore! Most of their flavors are now required by law to be termed "Frozen Dairy Desert" because there isn't even enough cream for it to classify as Ice Cream. Full story here:

http://paleoheretic.com/breyers-frozen-dairy/

The ice cream situation is just sad now. Häagen-Dazs is still as good as it used to be and that is my go too ice cream in a pint. Turkey Hill markets a brand called "Turkey Hill All Natural" that is slightly more expensive than their regular line and tastes a lot like Breyer's did before they got bought out. There are also various regional brands that aren't bad either, but Ice Cream has gone really downhill over the past decade or so.

#SmellTheBern
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Let's see them do that if they have to produce ice cream and give it all away for free.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    It's for the common good, comrade citizen.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Untrue.. it is a little better than most of the big namebrands, but mostly because of the amount of toppings mixed in.

Try and get your hands on some McConnells salted caramel chip with grass fed dairy.

This is the best ice cream

oh, no rBST and whatnot
    "They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    -Benjamin Franklin

#SmellTheBern

I did it smells like $#@!.

#SmellTheBern
    TelltheFern!

Quote Originally Posted by Fivezeroes View Post
    I did it smells like $#@!.
    Are you sure it wasn't the elephants?

may have been, hard to tell, after all Sanders campaign is a circus act in itself.

Gee, that elephant $#@! really affected (effected? Hell, I dunno) you.

Gee, that elephant $#@! really affected (effected? Hell, I dunno) you.
    You never know how something is going to affect an 8 year old.

Sounds like it's ex-lax flavored.

Ben & Jerry’s new ice cream flavor is also a political statement

On Tuesday, Ben & Jerry’s launched a new flavor, and a new voting rights campaign, to raise awareness about the involvement of “big money” in the political process.

The new flavor, Empower Mint, is a peppermint-forward ice cream base with generous swirls of fudge and chunks of chewy brownie. It’s delicious but it also comes with a serious message.

The Vermont-based brand also launched “Democracy is in Your Hands,” a campaign dedicated to encouraging national voter registration and educate ice cream fans on the importance of reauthorizing the Voting Rights Act.

“We believe Democracy only works when it works for Everyone,” writes the brand.

“But lately, it seems the challenges facing our democracy have gotten out of hand: Low income and minority voters are having their voting rights infringed upon, and money from wealthy donors is corrupting the system.”

A portion of the proceeds from Empower Mint will benefit the North Carolina chapter of the NAACP.

The ice cream moguls take their politics seriously. Last month, co-founders Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield were among approximately 300 people who were arrested outside the U.S. Capitol as part of protests by a group called Democracy Awakening—a movement devoted to fighting the influence of deep-pocket donors.

Empower Mint is now available at Ben & Jerry’s Scoop Shops and throughout stores nationwide.
    http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2016/...ntcmp=trending

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Ben and Jerry's release statement in support of Black Lives Matter

Social Action 3 hours ago
    The ice cream entrepreneurs published a post on their website about how systemic racism is still very prevalent today's society, and combating it is an important step toward true justice for all. The black community responded to their heartfelt message by coming up with ice cream flavors in honor of their statement.

https://twitter.com/i/moments/784483261116538884

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic