Thread: Rand Paul was leading the Texas Delegation to elect Reagan with his dad, meanwhile TED? Video

Rand Paul was leading the Texas Delegation to elect Reagan with his dad, meanwhile TED? Video

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Rand Paul (right) at the 1976 GOP convention, standing with Ronald Reagan
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Someone turn it into a workable ad... Send it to the campaign. That's something that might do well, last minute, as facebook ads or something like that.

Oh and I guess it doesn't hurt to spread that video... It was at 17k yesterday, 400k today. Might well reach live TV at some point.
    "I am a bird"

I didn't think it was him, at first, but that is his Dad. Are these two clips both from the same tape?

Its something, seeing that grown bag of puke at a younger age when he was merely a burgeoning puss bump.

Kids gonna be kids. Who cares? I've facetiously said some dumb stuff when I was 18. No doubt on camera too. Voters aren't gonna bite.

Quote Originally Posted by LawnWake View Post
    Kids gonna be kids. Who cares? I've facetiously said some dumb stuff when I was 18. No doubt on camera too. Voters aren't gonna bite.
    It's important to show that Cruz's enormous ego is the motivating factor in his campaign, because many of his supporters are turned off by Trump's megalomania, and Cruz is the main barrier to Rand.

God his voice and face were equally obnoxious back then. Cannot. F*cking. Stand.

Quote Originally Posted by mit26chell View Post
    God his voice and face were equally obnoxious back then. Cannot. F*cking. Stand.
    You ain't kidding! The man's ego was as big back then as it now. Only difference is he's learned to hide it a little better now days. Policy wise I don't see any difference between either Trump nor Cruz. I'm not voting for either guy, but I loath Cruz more so than Trump. Cruz has been parroting Rand and his positions the whole damn time he's been in office. He knows what he's doing...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Aspersions... you mean sweat on my butt?

No candidate can run with this in my opinion without damaging themselves in the process.
    It might really turn off some older voters but I don't think it will cause much harm.

Sounds like something anyone here would say, on camera, as a joke. Who was asking him?

But... it seems like any attack on Cruz gets blamed on trump.
    So I don't mind this video getting spread like crazy.
    If people think it's a stupid and distasteful thing to spread then they'll just think less of trump. If they think less of Cruz because of it they may decide not to caucus or vote for him.

Ideally Cruz and trump supporters will fight with each other claiming the other's candidate is the more egotistical power hungry one.

Seriously I think if you want to spread this you should troll trump supporters pages and say "show this clip of sniveling Cruz to everyone you know! Only trump can make America great again!!"

That way they take each other down and Rand and his supporters can continue talking about things that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    Someone turn it into a workable ad... Send it to the campaign. That's something that might do well, last minute, as facebook ads or something like that.

Oh and I guess it doesn't hurt to spread that video... It was at 17k yesterday, 400k today. Might well reach live TV at some point.
    You could put the House of Cards theme to it...just sayin

Quote Originally Posted by FriedChicken View Post
    Aspersions... you mean sweat on my butt?

No candidate can run with this in my opinion without damaging themselves in the process.
    It might really turn off some older voters but I don't think it will cause much harm.

Sounds like something anyone here would say, on camera, as a joke. Who was asking him?

But... it seems like any attack on Cruz gets blamed on trump.
    So I don't mind this video getting spread like crazy.
    If people think it's a stupid and distasteful thing to spread then they'll just think less of trump. If they think less of Cruz because of it they may decide not to caucus or vote for him.

Ideally Cruz and trump supporters will fight with each other claiming the other's candidate is the more egotistical power hungry one.

Seriously I think if you want to spread this you should troll trump supporters pages and say "show this clip of sniveling Cruz to everyone you know! Only trump can make America great again!!"

That way they take each other down and Rand and his supporters can continue talking about things that matter.
    Most of the online comments are some variation of "if they publicized what I said in high school..." Which is totally correct and fair, we don't need to give something like this a ton of weight. One might also mention the aqquabuddha hijinks for Rand in college. But where this may hurt, a little, is that it reinforces something which people already pick up on regarding Cruz; he is, if nothing else, ambitious as Caesar. And that can be a heavy burden to bear. Rand's youthful indiscretions seem to have nothing to do with anything, no in grained character message is reinforced, just as Obama (or Bush's) drug use could not be linked to personality one way or another.

Basically, Ted Cruz is just like Hillary when it comes to that urging desire to rule. He also sounds like he was aspiring a little bit to be like Donald Trump. Think about that, social conservatives. He combines some of the worst traits of...the worst.