Thread: I keep hearing about the Iowa "ground game", but

I keep hearing about the Iowa "ground game", but

what about New Hampshire and beyond? I mean, even if Rand WINS Iowa, the media is still not going to give him any credit, which means we'll still need a strong ground game in further states...has that been building to the same extent as Iowa?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I've wondered the same thing.

Ground game is over rated. There is no big difference from a primary. You go in and you vote. That's it. The difference comes after voting and staying to select delegates. And as WE ALL found out in 2012, winning states via delegates without winning the popular vote does not matter in the end. The RNC will just ignore it and override the delegate win.

And no, thereis no real ground game in the other states minus NH other than the fact that Paul is on the ballot.

Everyone basically builds in Iowa and NH in hopes of winning...then go from there.

I am from NH and I saw Rand at a diner stop in Windham. I spoke with one of the NH campaign staff and they said he has more precinct and party support than Ron did, and Ron took second in NH in 2012. I think he has a great shot at placing in top 3 in NH. Again media will ignore, but it SHOULD energize those of us who are not quite energized enough yet into donating and volunteering. The game needs to be delegates again.

The RNC has already stated that a delegate strategy may be the only way to beat Trump, so hopefully they will let Rand's delegates stand this time around. Of course I think Trump is a plant for Hillary who both the RNC and DNC have chosen as our next President, but still we have to focus on the message of liberty and growing support for that message.

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty74 View Post
    Ground game is over rated. There is no big difference from a primary. You go in and you vote. That's it. The difference comes after voting and staying to select delegates. And as WE ALL found out in 2012, winning states via delegates without winning the popular vote does not matter in the end. The RNC will just ignore it and override the delegate win.

And no, thereis no real ground game in the other states minus NH other than the fact that Paul is on the ballot.

Everyone basically builds in Iowa and NH in hopes of winning...then go from there.
    Where are you getting this information from lol... You have to stay for a few hours and listen to other speeches, vote on platform, etc.. Then you vote. Then the delegates are worked out. You do NOT just go in and vote... Everyone starts at 7 and there is NO absentee voting. You cannot vote that morning, evening, etc.. You have to be there at 7 and wait for a while. That's why turnout is in the teens....

Rand Paul will do VERY well in Nevada. CAV pac has a pretty good set up there and we have another students for rand project there. Minnesota has a great Rand groundgame. Rand went to Alaska and was one of the only ones to do so. He also got a great reception in Vermont and is poised to do well. Obviously Kentucky is Rand territory as well.

So much for the power of thought, negative Nancy much?

Iowa gives you momentum

Quote Originally Posted by amartin315 View Post
    what about New Hampshire and beyond? I mean, even if Rand WINS Iowa, the media is still not going to give him any credit, which means we'll still need a strong ground game in further states...has that been building to the same extent as Iowa?
    if you peak at the wrong time it's over (like Cruz who peaked 2 weeks ago) so if Rand goes from not being in a debate to coming in 1, 2, 3..heck 4th that is huge and it helps you in the next contest like NH

You have to listen to what Rand's people have been saying from day 1 - "this campaign is built for the long haul"

While other candidates were doing the same thing Rand was off on the west coast and Texas campaigning

Quote Originally Posted by kbs021 View Post
    Where are you getting this information from lol... You have to stay for a few hours and listen to other speeches, vote on platform, etc.. Then you vote. Then the delegates are worked out. You do NOT just go in and vote... Everyone starts at 7 and there is NO absentee voting. You cannot vote that morning, evening, etc.. You have to be there at 7 and wait for a while. That's why turnout is in the teens....

Rand Paul will do VERY well in Nevada. CAV pac has a pretty good set up there and we have another students for rand project there. Minnesota has a great Rand groundgame. Rand went to Alaska and was one of the only ones to do so. He also got a great reception in Vermont and is poised to do well. Obviously Kentucky is Rand territory as well.
    Rand also visited Idaho.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    official campaign organizing in louisiana
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Quote Originally Posted by amartin315 View Post
    even if Rand WINS Iowa, the media is still not going to give him any credit
    How could they possibly avoid it?

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    How could they possibly avoid it?
    The same way they did to Ron Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by kbs021 View Post

i agree, a caucus is totally different than a primary, most people can only deal with the first part voting on platforms, listening to speeches etc and then voting their candidate - this takes a long time - then they leave and don't stay for the delegate selection

Ground game is over rated. There is no big difference from a primary. You go in and you vote. That's it.

And no, thereis no real ground game in the other states minus NH other than the fact that Paul is on the ballot. .
    I think you've won the award for being the most clueless member here. Literally almost everything you post is the absolute opposite of reality.
    Last edited by SilentBull; 01-25-2016 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewYorker View Post
    The same way they did to Ron Paul.
    Ron Paul didn't win Iowa. He came in third.

This is 90% bull$#@!, I'll give you the 10% because it is true he will need to be getting enough of the popular vote in March states to keep getting bound delegates. Rather than continue to post misinformation in here, I recommend you go read up on how the Iowa caucus works. then, on campaign organizations, read through this site: http://www.p2016.org/candidates/candsgop.html
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Another clueless poster.

Ron Paul Wins Iowa, Long After Mitt Romney and then Rick Santorum Supposedly Did.
    Dr. Paul won 10 of 13 delegates elected at today’s state convention in addition to having won 11 of 12 delegates elected at last night’s district conventions, for a weekend total of 21 of 25 contestable delegates, all unbound.
    https://reason.com/blog/2012/06/16/r...ter-mitt-romne

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RDM View Post
    Another clueless poster.

Ron Paul Wins Iowa, Long After Mitt Romney and then Rick Santorum Supposedly Did.
    Dr. Paul won 10 of 13 delegates elected at today’s state convention in addition to having won 11 of 12 delegates elected at last night’s district conventions, for a weekend total of 21 of 25 contestable delegates, all unbound.
    https://reason.com/blog/2012/06/16/r...ter-mitt-romne
    Not clueless. You're changing the subject, or else just don't understand because you drank Sailingaway's delegate strategy Kool-aid and still haven't been disabused of that nonsense. It's not about what happened long after Mitt Romney and Rick Santorum supposedly won. It's about what happens the day of the caucus. That's what the news will report that night and for the following 8 days until the New Hampshire primary. By the time of the Iowa state convention it will be too late to make up for losing the much more important straw vote at the caucuses.

2012 GOP Presidential Primary Results-
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Result...rimaries,_2012
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

With the enthusiasm high in the air, the ground game will help us alot! All we need is to do very well in iowa in the straw poll! Rand has a great game nationwide and is in until the end!