Thread: [Video] Rand Paul on FBN Mornings with Maria 1/25

[Video] Rand Paul on FBN Mornings with Maria 1/25

Last edited by 01000110; 01-25-2016 at 08:57 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bartiromo just tried to tell him the polls kept him out of the last debate.

Rand blamed the arbitrary criteria and mentioned the ignored polls.

She admitted his MOE argument is fair.

He called Hillary a neocon... hahaha

Was good interview.

Rand was forceful but polite in discussing the debate fiasco. As long as there is no funny business he will be in the next debate.

Hammered Rubio and Cruz on spending.

He also got to talk about his tax plan.

I can't get the video to download; is there a link I can use to go to the video somewhere else?

Quote Originally Posted by 01000110 View Post
    As long as there is no funny business he will be in the next debate.
    Is that what Rand said? I'm not sure how he can know that. He's behind Bush by .8% in the RCP average of polls in Iowa.

Rand Paul for Peace

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by squirl22 View Post
    I can't get the video to download; is there a link I can use to go to the video somewhere else?
    Try this:
    http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/47205...#sp=show-clips

Quote Originally Posted by Brett85 View Post
    Is that what Rand said? I'm not sure how he can know that. He's behind Bush by .8% in the RCP average of polls in Iowa.
    My wording but he seemed confident he will be in - said he will be in the first tier.

And Rand makes a good argument about MOE and .8% diff is meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett85 View Post
    RCP average includes polls we know they aren't going to use for the debate average. As of now, he is most likely going to be in.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Good interview except the setting was really bad.

Sitting on the side of the desk is different then being opposite of each other in lounge chairs. Or at a table with a panel. It still screams blackout to me.

They'll give just enough coverage to keep us quiet for the most part.
    "I am a bird"

Oh my goodness he $#@!ing smoked that! He hit the nail right on the head about Trump's polls numbers/media coverage being a "self-reinforcing phenomena."

Fantastic interview!

She's already setting him up to be excluded from the debate. If I had to guess I would bet she already knows they will be excluding him - just like that last bimbo that interviewed Rand prior to the last debate where she set him up to be excluded.

Deer in the headlines look when he brought up their false polls by pointing out their cherry picking and fuzzy math. Lets talk about something besides polls because you are refuting the narrative the polls mean what we say they mean. Bring it home RAND, call them out on their establishment plan to run a Liberal on the Republican ticket to expand the party. It's a false choice because he is a buffoon who is unfit for duty. Tell him why you are fit to grow the party because you are a champion of liberty and you will marry it to low taxes and no more for profit wars.

@1.02 she says the media isn't making the criteria. They aren't?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

RNC does, I believe, in collusion with the media.

She lied. The RNC is not allowed to do so, according to federal election law.

The first principle of journalism that everyone should remember is that lies are permissible and even obligatory depending on the situation. The media isn't accountable to anyone so they have no reason to tell the truth unless it suits them, or more specifically, who it is that gives them their marching orders. As far as I can tell, the RNC can not unilaterally determine who can be in a debate, whereas the network is afforded the privilege of setting the criteria. Indirectly speaking, yes, the RNC had a hand in this because they've chosen to work with the networks that create these capricious criteria, but the media is the one that actually makes the criteria.

Maria would be both honest about how this works and how journalism in general works if she simply said "Senator, we don't make the criteria, we just think it up, write it down and tell everybody what it is."

Owning Maria

...So you're using polls in an unscientific way. It's a real mistake, but it's also a disservice to the voters because you are becoming God, and you are deciding who can run and who cannot run. So I think it was a huge mistake by the media to do this...
    I loved it when he said that because it's so true! Way to go, Sen. Paul! Way to go.
    "Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by thatpeculiarcat View Post
    Oh my goodness he $#@!ing smoked that! He hit the nail right on the head about Trump's polls numbers/media coverage being a "self-reinforcing phenomena."

Fantastic interview!
    Nate Silver at 538:

Another reason could be if a candidate rides a wave of media-driven momentum to victory. Usually, we’d think of a momentum candidate as someone like Carter, who parlayed an unexpected “win”9 in the Iowa caucuses in 1976 to emerge from obscurity and top a disorganized field. Can Trump, who was a nationally renowned figure before he entered the race, really be placed in the same category as Carter? Maybe. The media coverage of Trump has been disproportionate and seems to be self-reinforcing, with polls and coverage begetting one another in a virtuous cycle.
    http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...ay-be-failing/

Her lips are inflated like her intelligence. I call her Maria Botoxromo. Rand just schooled her with skill.