Thread: Rand Paul set to stage a MASSIVE upset in Iowa... (RedState Article)

Rand Paul set to stage a MASSIVE upset in Iowa... (RedState Article)

http://www.redstate.com/diary/freedo...ve-upset-iowa/

People are finally beginning to take notice... We are now at 700k phone calls guys... We need your help this last week. We can make a huge difference with your help this week! Sign up to make calls here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1osJ...requested=true

WE are going to shock the whole damn electoral system and the media... Let's have their head spinning a week from tonight.. 6 days to make calls, let's go!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbs021 View Post
    http://www.redstate.com/diary/freedo...ve-upset-iowa/

People are finally beginning to take notice... We are now at 700k phone calls guys... We need your help this last week. We can make a huge difference with your help this week! Sign up to make calls here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1osJ...requested=true

WE are going to shock the whole damn electoral system and the media... Let's have their head spinning a week from tonight.. 6 days to make calls, let's go!

weather balloon blimpin with neon lights and lasers, WIN IOWA!!!!
    2016 gop est business as usual, rules do not apply.

I'm on the west coast and I've been stuck on the Nevada call list since I can remember.

I contacted Billy Grant today and he helped me get on the right track and put me on the list to call Iowa and you can do the same!

Contact Billy to get started today!!!! bgrant@randpaul2016.com
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Great article that's worth spreading. We need to win the "I would vote for him if he could win" folks!

Awesome progress with the phone calls!

If he does, we won't hear a word about it on Obama's media outlets; i.e., FOX, MSNBC, ABC, etc. We might hear about it on c-span. By the way guys, call in on c-span starting at 7:00 a.m. EST seven days a way and tell them who you are supporting.

It's worth it to read the NYT link in the article about Trump's ground game, you will see what I mean when I say Trump is trying to run it like a primary.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

It is a pretty impressive phone banking operation there
    Last edited by Crashland; 01-24-2016 at 11:23 PM.
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

So the Trump team found a lonely 9/11 truther to be one of their main volunteers!? How does that even make sense?

Unless he's actually screwing with the campaign on purpose. 9/11 was an inside job, vote for Trump!!!

Or he's lonely and wanted to talk to people and found a fresh audience. Sounds like he's been reprimanded for his truther talk more than once. It's just so weird.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How about this poster(from the article):

omgriley • 4 hours ago

Hmm. Interesting. Here's the one rub I have with this scenario: There is certainly great organization for Paul, but not very much of it. That is, if he were closer to Cruz or Trump (or even Rubio) in the polls, I'd bet money that his organization would put him over the top.

My concern is that Paul's numbers are simply not there. Even Rick Santorum had begun his surge by this point in the campaign. As Deace will point out, two polls had Santorum at 18% and he out-performed those numbers by 8 points.

Even if Paul's organization doubles his poll numbers- quite an accomplishment - that would still be only 15% at best when Trump and Cruz consistently poll in the high 20's.
    ?

He seems right(as much as I hate it)

Quote Originally Posted by ssunlimited View Post

omgriley • 4 hours ago

Hmm. Interesting. Here's the one rub I have with this scenario: There is certainly great organization for Paul, but not very much of it. That is, if he were closer to Cruz or Trump (or even Rubio) in the polls, I'd bet money that his organization would put him over the top.

My concern is that Paul's numbers are simply not there. Even Rick Santorum had begun his surge by this point in the campaign. As Deace will point out, two polls had Santorum at 18% and he out-performed those numbers by 8 points.

Even if Paul's organization doubles his poll numbers- quite an accomplishment - that would still be only 15% at best when Trump and Cruz consistently poll in the high 20's.
    ?

The bull$#@! parts in bold. Rand has a campaign presence in all 99 counties. They have identified enough supporters out there to pull off the win, his caucus performance will hang entirely on getting those people to the precincts, not on what he's polling.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    The bull$#@! parts in bold. Rand has a campaign presence in all 99 counties. They have identified enough supporters out there to pull off the win, his caucus performance will hang entirely on getting those people to the precincts, not on what he's polling.
    HEY, thanks for your response. I'm hoping you're right!! We'll see what happens in a week!! Giving you a good rep.

Very true... The problem is the polling is undermining our youth AND independent support. If we turnout extremely well, we can win

THANK YOU.

THE SQUAD of RPF

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

HEY, thanks for your response. I'm hoping you're right!! We'll see what happens in a week!! Giving you a good rep.

I don't really understand all of the "HOPING" and "SEEING" and "PRAYING" going on with the liberty movement.

There is something much better than all three of those, and its getting on the phone, identifying more supporters and being there on the lines when it counts the few days before and the day of the caucus to HELP turn out all of the supporters.

Why HOPE
    Why PRAY
    Why SEE
    Why WAIT

When you can DO.
    THE SQUAD of RPF

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    I don't really understand all of the "HOPING" and "SEEING" and "PRAYING" going on with the liberty movement.

There is something much better than all three of those, and its getting on the phone, identifying more supporters and being there on the lines when it counts the few days before and the day of the caucus to HELP turn out all of the supporters.

Why HOPE
    Why PRAY
    Why SEE
    Why WAIT

When you can DO.
    I personally can't possibly do that. But I am cheering on everyone who can AND *DOES* do that.

It's worth it to read the NYT link in the article about Trump's ground game, you will see what I mean when I say Trump is trying to run it like a primary.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I personally can't possibly do that. But I am cheering on everyone who can AND *DOES* do that.
    Some people aren't able to due to circumstances, totally understand that. Would you be able to spread calling from home to other forum members as you post? Thanks !
    THE SQUAD of RPF

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    Some people aren't able to due to circumstances, totally understand that. Would you be able to spread calling from home to other forum members as you post? Thanks !
    Heya! How do I do that? And doesn't everyone on this forum know to do that phone-from-home thing?

If rand makes it into the debate on Thursday, and knocks it out of the park, he could win Iowa

Heya! How do I do that? And doesn't everyone on this forum know to do that phone-from-home thing?
    Not us internationals. That $#@!s illegal yo.

If you register January 10 at your local county auditor, then they’ll pull the punch list on caucus day and your name won’t be there. Because they’re just using the most recent list they have from the state of Iowa, and that’s a government
    While I am here... this is one of the reason's American democracy isn't. WTF is the government involved in party business?
    Last edited by idiom; 01-25-2016 at 03:46 AM.
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

omgriley • 4 hours ago

?

Commenters like these are the weaksauce-individuals who during the Cold War wanted to appease the Soviets. They have nothing of themselves to be proud of, no principles, no opinions. They just want to belong to the majority.

Ignore them.
    "I am a bird"

Become precinct count judges. Call your local GOP office to find out how to be one. They'll accept you with open arms. Just don't get into any discussions on who you support and if you are asked directly, tell them you support the party and oppose Dems stealing the election.
    Last edited by devil21; 01-25-2016 at 04:23 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

1000 precinct chairs...if each of them has 10 friends...plus the 10,000 college students...that's 20,000 votes. sprinkle on another 5,000 random voters...

we could win with 25,000

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by amartin315 View Post
    1000 precinct chairs...if each of them has 10 friends...plus the 10,000 college students...that's 20,000 votes. sprinkle on another 5,000 random voters...

we could win with 25,000
    The precinct chairs will be key to this. I don't know if each one will bring in 10 friends, but at least 5 family members or friends seems reasonable.

Let's just hope that each precinct chair is able to give a good speech on why people should support Rand. That is key. It's really important that the campaign give them tips and talking points to point out. Most people come into the caucus without a candidate selected, so it's extremely important that those making speeches in favor of Rand really drive home the important selling points Rand has (real fiscal conservative, introduce balanced budget every year without gutting military spending, pro-life, a doctor who performs pro-bono work, stands up for the whole Bill of Rights, stands up for Christians in the Middle East, wants to protect your privacy, etc)

10,000 college students won't caucus for Rand. I think optimistically we can see 4 or 5 thousand. That should be huge, because that alone will guarantee him a top-5 placement. Add in the 1000 precinct chairs and Rand is in pretty solid footing to get 4th. And that's not counting everyone else who could vote for him.

Another thing about Rand's precinct captains- many of them have experience from Ron 2012 and the various straw polls they've worked since then.

Huck has some people like that working for him, too. He will overperform, and probably be top 5.

Only 6 days to make calls, let's keep going!

Quote Originally Posted by speciallyblend View Post
    weather balloon blimpin with neon lights and lasers, WIN IOWA!!!!
    balloon blimpin' blimp?
    No one here wanted to be the Billionaire.

Quote Originally Posted by idiom View Post
    Not us internationals. That $#@!s illegal yo.
    Foreigners may volunteer, but not contribute, to political campaigns.

Volunteer Activity

Generally, an individual may volunteer personal services to a federal candidate or federal political committee without making a contribution. The Act provides this volunteer "exemption" as long as the individual performing the service is not compensated by anyone. 11 CFR 100.74. The Commission has addressed applicability of this exemption to volunteer activity by a foreign national, as explained below.

In AO 1987-25, the Commission allowed a foreign national student to provide uncompensated volunteer services to a Presidential campaign. By contrast, the decision in AO 1981-51 prohibited a foreign national artist from donating his services in connection with fundraising for a Senate campaign.[2]

http://www.fec.gov/pages/brochures/f...html#Volunteer

Quote Originally Posted by Mani View Post
    So the Trump team found a lonely 9/11 truther to be one of their main volunteers!? How does that even make sense?

Unless he's actually screwing with the campaign on purpose. 9/11 was an inside job, vote for Trump!!!

Or he's lonely and wanted to talk to people and found a fresh audience. Sounds like he's been reprimanded for his truther talk more than once. It's just so weird.
    He probably supported Ron Paul in the last 2 elections.