Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New CBS Iowa Poll being released in a few minutes Showed Rand in 5th again!

New CBS Iowa Poll being released in a few minutes Showed Rand in 5th again!

HUGE margin of error of 7 percent.

Trump 39% Cruz 34% Rubio 13% Carson 5% Rand 3% Christie 2% Bush/Fiorina/Kasich/Santorum at 1 percent!!!! This might get us in!!!
    Last edited by kbs021; 01-24-2016 at 10:02 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

It won't count for the debate because it's an internet panel study.

It's nice to see Jeb! at 1 though.
    The enemy of my enemy may be worse than my enemy.

I do not suffer from Trump Rearrangement Syndrome. Sorry if that triggers you.

Now that we are getting close, the polls for numbers 3-6 are shifting like confetti in the wind. It really is criminal for Fox to try and limit the debates. And you would think they would want an alternative to Trump or Cruz, but apparently they are satisfied with that $#@! show.

Nothing will get us in. The RNC's fix is out guys. Rand will be better off saying f*ck off, I'm telling you!

This would be complete BS if they banned us now... If they used Fox News Poll, CBS, Loras, DMR, and CNN we are in I believe. Technically they can pick different ones, but this will give us a VERY solid argument if they ban us.... The two most recent have us above Bush by 2 points.

The CBS poll does say this in addition to being "internet interview" Respondents were selected from YouGovs and two other online panels. These are "opt-in" panels which are open for anyone to join. However, YouGov also randomly selected persons from voter registration lists who had previously voted in primary elections and contacted them by phone. A total of 22 517 registered voters were contacted by phone and the YouGov sample includes 1753 phone recruits.

Rand could possibly handle this even more "like a boss" if he announced he would not be appearing on a Fox debate again, even if he does qualify. Blow off Fox for all the tricks it's performed on him, then finish second or win Iowa anyway. That'll humiliate the network properly, and force it to negotiate with him, just like in the case of Trump. Confront the establishment, Rand, it will help you out.
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

Anything showing Trump and Cruz combining for over 70% is suspect.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    29. In what year were you born? [Age recoded from birth year]
    18-29 .................................................. .................14%
    30-44 .................................................. .................19%
    45-64 .................................................. .................43%
    65+ .................................................. ...................24%

Quote Originally Posted by Peace&Freedom View Post
    Rand could possibly handle this even more "like a boss" if he announced he would not be appearing on a Fox debate again, even if he does qualify. Blow off Fox for all the tricks it's performed on him, then finish second or win Iowa anyway. That'll humiliate the network properly, and force it to negotiate with him, just like in the case of Trump. Confront the establishment, Rand, it will help you out.
    No dude. Ideally he needs to be in the debate. People need to know he's still running and a viable candidate. Older people have no clue he's still in the race.

10. In trying to achieve their goals, do you feel each candidate’s approach would probably be...
    Asked of Republican primary voters

Too extreme About right Too moderate
    Donald Trump 47% 47% 5%

Ted Cruz 19% 70% 11%

Marco Rubio 7% 54% 39%

Those demographics were for BOTH parties not just the republican caucus. The democratic caucus likely has a much higher number. Probably something like Republicans at 10 percent and Democrats at 20 percent for 18-29 demographic. Likely a big reason why Rand is only at 3 percent in this poll.. Regardless, I think we are going to be in the debate if this was the last batch of polls.

Quote Originally Posted by robmpreston View Post
    No dude. Ideally he needs to be in the debate. People need to know he's still running and a viable candidate. Older people have no clue he's still in the race.
    Older voters have been saying no to Rand for the last six months, they know who he is. The last undercard debate got under 5 million viewers, while Rand's online appearances drew over 7 million, not to mention all the free press he got from interviews over not participating.
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

If there was a choice between being on the main stage and doing a live stream, even Rand said he would rather be on the stage.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

I think having Rand on stage is obviously better.. The tactic from last time was GREAT! Having to do this twice isn't as effective. PLUS it shows that Fox News did make a mistake last time...This will be even more evident after the caucuses where Rand shocks everyone. Not only this, but something BIG could happen that night and Rand needs to be on the stage for the chance to rise even further in case something else fails.

Quote Originally Posted by kbs021 View Post
    I think having Rand on stage is obviously better.. The tactic from last time was GREAT! Having to do this twice isn't as effective. PLUS it shows that Fox News did make a mistake last time...This will be even more evident after the caucuses where Rand shocks everyone. Not only this, but something BIG could happen that night and Rand needs to be on the stage for the chance to rise even further in case something else fails.
    Agreed, major coup if he gets in.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Polls are under no obligation to tell the truth.
    In actuality, polls are fraudulent.
    It is legal to lie as a pollster.

If they include this one and they exclude Loras, PPP, Gravis and KBUR Rand is clearly in. It also causes the fox news poll from earlier in the month to be removed. That one had Bush at 7.

In this poll, on the republican side, 44 percent of the voters don't know where their caucus site it... The age demographic that best knows where their caucus site is... 18-29. Let's win this damn state.

Trump 39% Cruz 34% Rubio 13% Carson 5% Rand 3% Christie 2% Bush/Fiorina/Kasich/Santorum at 1 percent!!!! This might get us in!!!
    They are trying to cover their asses now for all of the inaccurate and biased polls they have done in the past months. It occurred to me the other day that they could raise the margin of error in order to claim almost any result in Iowa will be what their polls "predicted, within the margin of error".
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

In this poll, on the republican side, 44 percent of the voters don't know where their caucus site it... The age demographic that best knows where their caucus site is... 18-29. Let's win this damn state.
    YEAHHHH!!! The shock saw around the world! It could be huge, guys!!!

This poll counts, Yougov is not a sole internet poll - they have live callers that do the calling to set up the online location to do the poll.

It counts - it did before

This is the best news I have read here in a long time.

The polls which Fox used in the past were Quinnipiac (which was last updated nationally 12/20), Fox News, IBD/ TIPP, Wall Street Journal/ NBC and CBS/ NY Times.

Poll results here: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...823.html#polls

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If they included CBS/YouGov, Rand would be the sole #5 in Iowa. If they don't include it, he is tied with Bush.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    If they included CBS/YouGov, Rand would be the sole #5 in Iowa. If they don't include it, he is tied with Bush.
    That's if they don't include KBUR, right?

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    That's if they don't include KBUR, right?
    Correct. KBUR would $#@! Rand if they include it.

Quote Originally Posted by Peace&Freedom View Post
    Older voters have been saying no to Rand for the last six months, they know who he is. The last undercard debate got under 5 million viewers, while Rand's online appearances drew over 7 million, not to mention all the free press he got from interviews over not participating.
    Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    If there was a choice between being on the main stage and doing a live stream, even Rand said he would rather be on the stage.
    Yeah, boycotting the undercard was the right choice, but the main stage is still too big to pass on. He was making his case to be in the main debate so he definitely wouldn't skip it if he qualified.

Especially this one that comes just days before the caucus.

Being in the main debate > Doing a live stream > Staying home to read a book > Undercard debate

KBUR can't be included. It is mostly robopolled.
    The enemy of my enemy may be worse than my enemy.

I do not suffer from Trump Rearrangement Syndrome. Sorry if that triggers you.

7% what a joke....all the polls are jokes and just a suggestion, it all really means nothing as a large majority of people haven't made up their minds yet.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast