Thread: [Video] Rand Paul on CNN New Day 1/24

[Video] Rand Paul on CNN New Day 1/24

Last edited by 01000110; 01-24-2016 at 09:36 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Good interview. Talked about snowstorm, Bloomberg, next debate and Trump.

They talked about the Trump shooting comment and Rand called him a narcissist and bombastic. Said he's not a real conservative and conservatives should be alarmed. Thinks we'll be sorry if Trump ends up as president and would be worse than anyone we have in Washington.
    Last edited by 01000110; 01-24-2016 at 06:54 AM.

None of these candidates can get through an interview anymore without them being asked what they think about Trump.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Lol Senator Paul Rand, I think she seemed a litttle nervous but it was a good interview

One way he could be more distinctive in the debates is being allowed to talk. A nice interview.

WOW. Go to 2:22, Rand totally got censored when he said "Clinton's possible criminal charges"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by robskicks View Post
    WOW. Go to 2:22, Rand totally got censored when he said "Clinton's possible criminal charges"
    OMG! you are right. They cut it right out.

Trying to Have It Both Ways

Quote Originally Posted by squirl22 View Post
    One way he could be more distinctive in the debates is being allowed to talk. A nice interview.
    Exactly. Also, she asked the question on how Sen. Paul could be more distinctive in the debates, but then she shows a polling list which is being used to keep him out of the debates, upon which he wouldn't have the opportunity to show his distinctiveness among the other candidates.

Notice, too, the headline at the bottom of the screen, "Rand Paul Hoping to Break Into Top Tier." That is a subliminal suggestion to the audience that Sen. Rand won't win because his campaign is somehow weak. It just shows again how the mainstream media are telling the public how they ought to vote by dissuading certain campaigns from being in the race at this point.

She is asking how Sen. Paul can rise in the polls by being distinctive, all the while suggesting that his campaign is already extinct.
    "Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul

Paul hits Trump on shooting comments: 'Sometimes, narcissists have delusions’

Republican presidential candidate Rand Paul blasted GOP front-runner Donald Trump early Sunday after the real estate mogul said he could “stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot people” and not lose voters.

ADVERTISEMENT

“Where to start?” Paul asked on CNN’s “New Day.” “I think, sometimes, narcissists have delusions. And I think he’s almost to the point of being delusional about his own power.”
    “There’s a distinct American tradition that I represent that says too much power gravitating into the hands of anyone is a mistake – Republican or Democrat,” Paul added. “So we believe in a presidency limited by the Constitution. I think that Donald Trump believes in no limits to power as long as it’s coming to him. That’s very, very worrisome to us.”

The Kentucky senator said conservatives should be “alarmed” by Trump’s candidacy.

“I think he’s pulling the wool over our eyes and we’ll be very sorry that he’ll be the consummate dealmaker and he’ll be worse than anything we’ve got in Washington.”

In the same interview, Paul said he may benefit if former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg enters the 2016 race

“I think it’s showing some of the weakness of some of the front-runners and it may be good for some of the candidacies like myself,” Paul said. “I think Bloomberg sees [Democratic front-runner Hillary] Clinton on one side and the possibility of criminal charges. And on the other side he sees a bombastic Trump that alienates large segments of the population, Hispanics, women, etc.”

“I think, really, it also is an opportunity for some of us that are underdogs,” he added. “And one of the interesting things is that we think the polls are wildly inaccurate.”

Paul said he thinks pollsters are underestimating his support from college students and young voters.
    http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...ents-sometimes
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by 01000110 View Post
    OMG! you are right. They cut it right out.
    I saw it too!!!

Nice interview there was one thing that needs to be said, Rand didn't not do the debate, because he did make the main stage so he had a town meeting and we all got to hear him talk. It was the right thing to do. I stand with Rand Paul and you should too.

i thought so wow i'm so glad you said something lol