Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ron Paul joins Rand in Iowa

The problem with bringing him in two weeks or even a week before the caucuses and you'll be giving them time to go on the attack to knock Rand back down. With this strategy you hope to ignite the energy amongst the grassroots without giving the media/other campaigns time to knock Rand back down. I would agree that Ron should be in Iowa at least three days before the caucus making sure to fire up everyone without giving them a chance to counter but it is what it is. Come on Ron give em hell!!!!!!!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They are planning on having Ron at the big rally, it should be the biggest one they've had so far this campaign. All the Rand groups statewide will be in the same place. Afterward the groups are going to split up and go to their caucus locations, where the next morning there will be smaller rallies nearby. GOTV will bring people to the rallies, then they all go in and caucus.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by rich34 View Post
    The problem with bringing him in two weeks or even a week before the caucuses and you'll be giving them time to go on the attack to knock Rand back down. With this strategy you hope to ignite the energy amongst the grassroots without giving the media/other campaigns time to knock Rand back down. I would agree that Ron should be in Iowa at least three days before the caucus making sure to fire up everyone without giving them a chance to counter but it is what it is. Come on Ron give em hell!!!!!!!

I like it at the last minute to be the grand finale, the final push of excitement for the Rand campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Mani View Post
    I like it at the last minute to be the grand finale, the final push of excitement for the Rand campaign.
    Yes, it is meant to launch the next phase of the campaign.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

It's better than nothing but one suspects this was a compromise between those who want RP to campaign full tilt for Rand and those who wished to keep him off the trail. I'm not sure how much impact he can have in a single day. A week yes, but a day? Even just a few days on the weekend before the caucus would be preferable.

As I said, if Rand doesn't make it a lot of people are still going to question the strategy, a lot of unhappy people. I guess one can say at least by announcing it now it's a signal to the misguided supporting Cruz that Ron is backing Rand and you better think about who Ron would want you to caucus for, Cruz or his son.
    Last edited by Badger Paul; 01-21-2016 at 10:28 PM.

I told you all that Ron would be coming to town. Rand is gonna be golden.

Washington (CNN)Former presidential candidate Ron Paul will make his first campaign trail appearance on Sunday to boost the White House bid of his son, Rand Paul.

The former Texas congressman will attend the "Revolution Continues Rally" at the University of Iowa in Iowa City, Iowa.

"Together they will focus on energizing the youthful base by discussing the importance of protecting the entire Bill of Rights and being boldly for conservative ideals that limit the powers of the Washington Machine," Rand Paul's campaign said in a statement Thursday.

The former Texas congressman came in third in the 2012 Iowa caucuses when he ran for president. In his 2008 presidential bid, he finished fifth, and he was also the Libertarian Party's presidential nominee in 1988.

More than a dozen Paul family members will host their own events throughout the state and speak at caucuses on February 1, the campaign said.

Rand Paul's campaign has failed to gain traction in the Hawkeye State. A CNN/ORC poll released Thursday found the Kentucky senator with just 2% support among likely Republican caucus-goers. And his father told NewsmaxTV on Wednesday that it was "realistic" that Donald Trump would capture the GOP nomination.

But, Ron Paul said about his son, "I think he may well surprise everybody, because he's got good organization."
    A SFR video is also on the page.
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/21/politi...ign/index.html

The son is of the father...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty74 View Post
    A day before will be a 2 weeks too late
    Better late than never? Can we not see the positive side to this? I'm excited!! This is what I've hoped for, for 3 years now...seeing Ron back on the campaign trail. YES!

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    I love the video, but the media has no shame. The article downplayed and made Rand sound like he is virtually hopeless.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    Better late than never? Can we not see the positive side to this? I'm excited!! This is what I've hoped for, for 3 years now...seeing Ron back on the campaign trail. YES!
    This pretty typical for how Ron stumped for candidates in 2014. A day or two out...pulled big crowds & they're giving a week's + notice. I agree this is good news. Haters gonna hate, though.

You can't help but love this. Gives me the same feeling as the 2008 and 2012 campaigns all over again. I guess it just goes to show how important and inspiring it is for Ron to be around and active in the liberty movement.

I just got an email from Doug Stafford saying that Ron will have a "non-stop" campaign schedule.. I am guessing this isn't the only rally then. I like that better

Quote Originally Posted by kbs021 View Post
    I just got an email from Doug Stafford saying that Ron will have a "non-stop" campaign schedule.. I am guessing this isn't the only rally then. I like that better
    I hope that's the case. Rand has absolutely nothing to lose at this point. There's absolutely no downside to Ron campaigning with Rand in Iowa as much as possible.

Could you share that email? I haven't seen it.

Dear Kameron,
    There's only one crystal clear voice for liberty in this battle for the Republican nomination for President.

And very shortly, Ron Paul will be boarding a plane for Iowa for a nonstop campaign schedule with Rand to ensure everyone knows who that one person is!

Kameron, can Ron and I count on you to make your most generous contribution of $100, $50, $25 or even $10 to Rand's Caucus Takeover Money Bomb right away?

We've seen the other candidates are making their play for the liberty movement. They even talk a good game now and then. But when the chips are down, we see their true views.

For example, one of the most critical issues facing America today, the horrific impact the Federal Reserve and the is having on the American economy.

Yet, when Rand secured a vote on Audit the Fed on January 12, Senator Cruz was nowhere to be found!

Now, we learn he received a million dollar loan from Goldman Sachs he attempted to keep off the books?

And this is after writing a legal brief in SUPPORT of President Obama's $800 BILLION stimulus package, stating it would "further the greater purpose of economic recovery for America!"

Whether it's the Federal Reserve, the Fourth Amendment, government spending or foreign policy, all other candidates are nothing more than pretenders.

Rand is the real deal. And Ron Paul is going to help us show Iowa he stands with Rand.

I hope you'll join us with your most generous contribution of $100, $50, $25 or even $10 to Rand's Caucus Takeover Money Bomb TODAY!

Let's show the Washington Machine why they should fear the liberty movement!

In liberty,
    Doug Stafford
    Chief Political Strategist

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Good. I hope that happens. I think Ron can bring back some of the people who voted for him in 2012 who are supporting Cruz and even Bernie Sanders this year.

That's so much better than one rally appearance. I agree that we need Ron to help pull the Bernie supporters back into Rand's corner.

I saw a news article that had a pic of Ron titled Rand Paul reveals his strategy for winning Iowa. I didn't even have to read the article... If Ron is in.. I'm in! Iowa caucus is coming soon guys put your money where your mouth is before its too late. It's time to put up or shut up.

Donation amount: $20.16
    Transaction date/time: 01/22/2016
    Transaction ID: 8GW181610P314XXXX

Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2 View Post
    I get why they're doing it...I just wouldnt.
    Why not?

Cajun is going to wet herself. This is great news... Go Ron Go!

Quote Originally Posted by LatinsforPaul View Post
    Debbie downer again.
    Sorry but I want to win, NOT LOSE!
    If Rand does not win the Republican nomination, he should buck the controlled two party system and run as an Independent for President in 2016 and give Americans a real option to vote for.

We are all born libertarians then something goes really wrong. Despite this truth, most people are still libertarians yet not know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty74 View Post
    Sorry but I want to win, NOT LOSE!
    Then get on the phone and start calling, instead of posting on here every day about how you believe Rand is not going to win.

Word is that Rand promised Ron a cabinet position, that's why he's doing this.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewYorker View Post
    Funny, I heard that the word is Bird. I think your information is incorrect, better recheck your sources

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewYorker View Post
    A VP Spot!
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Cajun is going to wet herself. This is great news... Go Ron Go!
    It is great news. I like great news.

Viva La rEVOLution!!!
    A sense of danger gives birth to fear. And fear is the time-honored cross for the crucifixion of liberty.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast