Thread: Rand Paul on Wolf Blitzer 1/21

Rand Paul on Wolf Blitzer 1/21

Don't see the video yet, but CNN posted this with the headline "Rand Paul: Cruz over Trump":

Washington (CNN)Forced to choose, Sen. Rand Paul says Donald Trump potentially becoming the Republican presidential nominee is more worrisome than Sen. Ted Cruz -- but he took plenty of shots at both of them on Thursday.

The Kentucky Republican is languishing in the low single digits in the polls as Trump and Cruz lead the pack in the GOP primary, but Paul said the prospect of a Trump presidency concerns him.

"I do worry a little bit more about Donald Trump," Paul told CNN's Wolf Blitzer on Thursday. "The main reason I do is that I believe he wants more power to come to him and 'he'll take care of us all' if we just give him more power, but I'm from a limited government tradition."
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/21/politi...rse/index.html
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

This is dumb. Rand needs to refute the notion each and every time someone tries to say he is not in the top tier. And instead here he's like "thanks for having me on".

Wow that last question... "When are you going to drop out? Answer!"... Rand should have said "Whether I win in Iowa, NH or any other state for that matter, I am going to stay in the race until the convention just to hear you ask me that question 1000 more times, ya prick!" and then he should have leaned over and ruffled Wolf's hair, pulled his "smart guy" glasses off and tossed them off in a random direction.

I thought Rand did well, even when Wolf was asking him to pick between Trump and Cruz as if this were one of those polls everyone is getting called with where Rand is filed under the category of "Other..."

The media is trying their hardest to pick winners and losers. $#@! them. They must be defeated!

Quote Originally Posted by randbot16 View Post
    Rand should have said "Whether I win in Iowa, NH or any other state for that matter, I am going to stay in the race until the convention just to hear you ask me that question 1000 more times...
    +rep. That would be a fantastic response.

And as for the Trump vs. Cruz question, you're spot on. Wolf was "polling" Rand and Rand should have called him out on it. "What you're doing is exactly what the polls do: try to create support where there isn't any."

Quote Originally Posted by cjm View Post

And as for the Trump vs. Cruz question, you're spot on. Wolf was "polling" Rand and Rand should have called him out on it. "What you're doing is exactly what the polls do: try to create support where there isn't any."
    Bam. Precisely.

Quote Originally Posted by cjm View Post

Yeah if he had anticipated it, he could have said "Is this going to count towards one of your upcoming 'official' polls?" and shot his trademark snark smirk.

Note the negative titling during the interview, the misleading headline to suggest that Ron is saying Rand is done, the language used in the article with terms like "languishing" and the repeated use of the word "attack"... which we all know the Republitard morons use as an excuse to not support Rand. Also, the use of this sentence as it's own standout paragraph is classic - "Paul said the libertarian-minded voters that support him are turned off by that."

This is preemptive ramping up of the propaganda in anticipation of an Iowa surprise.
    Last edited by thedizzle; 01-22-2016 at 01:23 AM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rand has been going with the cellphone issue to justify the poll inaccuracy, he might also be able to argue that people that are fans of privacy may lean towards not disclosing their political preferences. Just an idea

Quote Originally Posted by RandFTW View Post
    Rand has been going with the cellphone issue to justify the poll inaccuracy, he might also be able to argue that people that are fans of privacy may lean towards not disclosing their political preferences. Just an idea
    He really is in first place in Iowa, so be should be vindicated on the 1st of February.