Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Palin praises Rand when making Trump endorsement (VIDEO)

Palin praises Rand when making Trump endorsement (VIDEO)

could there be a Trump-Rand ticket (and before you condemn it remember Trump is 70, and will be a 1 term president. )

[mod edit] at 1:07:25 in video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yb0qIZD9g7M
    Last edited by jct74; 01-19-2016 at 08:04 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Couldn't win a general election with Trump on the ticket.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Rand has repeatedly said in the last few weeks that Trump would be a disaster. Donald would be OK with that and ask him to be VP?

I just cannot see it.

What did she say
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Quote Originally Posted by Kotin View Post
    What did she say
    ^^^

She endorsed a candidate who doesn't even pretend to be conservative? Unbelievable.
    Better than a Cruz endorsement from a strategic point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by 01000110 View Post
    Rand has repeatedly said in the last few weeks that Trump would be a disaster. Donald would be OK with that and ask him to be VP?

I just cannot see it.

Reagan and Bush Sr. were also extremely nasty with each other if I remember right back in the 1980 primary race - would be kinda fitting to have a liberty candidate as the VP (and the future) this time around.
    America deserves better presidential debates in 2024, and we're making it happen ourselves at Free and Equal Elections Foundation!

https://freeandequal.org/

V.P would be better than nothing. Maybe the Donald would drop dead from a heart attack after a year...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    she singled Rand out, calling a great senator and his foreign policy. Trump and Rand both have a non-interventionist foreign policy. the VP won't be Cruz. won't be Jeb or Rubio. could be Palin.

keep in mind Bush 41 called Reagan's policies voodoo. and he ended up not just VP but Bush 41

Reagan was able to win the general election, even without Gerald Ford.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Well out of all the candidates

Quote Originally Posted by cindy25 View Post
    could there be a Trump-Rand ticket (and before you condemn it remember Trump is 70, and will be a 1 term president. )
    only Rand and Trump agree that Iraq was a mistake. I don't think Trump can backtrack on Ted Cruz being not eligible to be President, so that makes him ineligible to be VP, that might become President.

I hate trump but would vote for him if Rand was on the ticket, knowing full well Trump probably only a one term guy and Rand would be impossible to beat coming off a VP slot....saying that we are going to win Iowa ...lets get to work

could be Palin.
    She was a DISASTER in 2008 and has gotten even more embarrassing in recent years... Paul Ryan allegedly operated under the slogan WWSPD--What Wouldn't Sarah Palin Do? I don't think Trump would be imbecilic enough to go with Palin if he gets the nomination--which he won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Joeinmo View Post
    I hate trump but would vote for him if Rand was on the ticket, knowing full well Trump probably only a one term guy and Rand would be impossible to beat coming off a VP slot....saying that we are going to win Iowa ...lets get to work
    This would be extremely painful, but I'd vote for this ticket. If Trump brought Rand along, then it would be for consultation. I've heard Trump parrot several of Rand's positions throughout the cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by ZakCarter View Post
    Reagan and Bush Sr. were also extremely nasty with each other...
    It was actually Bush Sr. (not a Dem) who came up with the sobriquet "Voodoo Economics"
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

If Trump steals this thing, I'd definitely be down with a Trump Paul ticket. Anyone who says Trump can't win a general is fantasizing. Trump could easily win on his celebrity status and popularity. I doubt his success in caucus states, but where there are primaries, he could easily win that popular vote.
    RVO˩UTION

Quote Originally Posted by notsure View Post
    If Trump steals this thing, I'd definitely be down with a Trump Paul ticket. Anyone who says Trump can't win a general is fantasizing. Trump could easily win on his celebrity status and popularity. I doubt his success in caucus states, but where there are primaries, he could easily win that popular vote.
    Trump will bring record turnout of Dems to the polls to stop him, it will be better than any ballot initiative.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    My only concern would be, if we would better off fighting for liberty as a Senator or as VP. Is VP position as useless as it appears?
    RVO˩UTION

It's Donald Trump. If he wanted to, he could turn on a dime and suddenly run a libertarian, inclusive general election campaign and somehow get away with it, spinning everything as if that has always been his position. Because he's Donald Trump. Not likely at all to happen though.
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

notsure bout that, notsure
    Never mind, I'm 100% sure Trump would be annihilated by any Dem, even the corpse of Strom Thurmond.

Anyone who says Trump can't win a general is fantasizing. Trump could easily win on his celebrity status and popularity. I doubt his success in caucus states, but where there are primaries, he could easily win that popular vote.
    In my assessment from speaking to Trump supporters, they care A LOT about how well he's doing in the polls. Trump's base is exceedingly fickle. If all of a sudden he has a bad showing in Iowa and the ultimate winner is no longer winning, then they'll abandon ship so fast Trump won't know what happened. His support is a house of cards waiting to collapse in my estimation... The problem is that they won't go to Rand unless he dominates Iowa.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Trump will bring record turnout of Dems to the polls to stop him, it will be better than any ballot initiative.
    Not as much as Cruz would. I know some Dems and Indys who actually kind of like Trump. Not because of his policies but because of his status.
    RVO˩UTION

Quote Originally Posted by Jonderdonk View Post
    In my assessment from speaking to Trump supporters, they care A LOT about how well he's doing in the polls. Trump's base is exceedingly fickle. If all of a sudden he has a bad showing in Iowa and the ultimate winner is no longer winning, then they'll abandon ship so fast Trump won't know what happened. His support is a house of cards waiting to collapse in my estimation... The problem is that they won't go to Rand unless he dominates Iowa.
    That's right, life is a giant popularity contest.

If Hillary is the nominee, there is a good amount of people I know, who probably would have voted for her in the past, but won't after all her controversy.
    RVO˩UTION

Quote Originally Posted by Jonderdonk View Post
    Trump's support is more anti-Bush than pro-Trump. They don't want to switch to someone who can't stop the Bush people from shoving him down their throats. When Bush is done, it becomes a different primary.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I agree and there is some indication Trump may get 20% of the Democratic votes and independents.

If Hillary is the nominee, there is a good amount of people I know, who probably would have voted for her in the past, but won't after all her controversy.
    Trump would re-motivate those people lol

she singled Rand out, calling a great senator and his foreign policy...
    Also paid tribute to the libertarian wing in the GOP. I am by no means a fan of Palin, but it came out of the blue and I was beyond amazed (and, admittedly, a bit pleased) to hear it.
    There is only one success -- to be able to spend your life in your own way.
    -- Christopher Morley (1890 - 1957)

The erosion of Hillary's support is so superficial. Doesn't matter if it's Hillary or Bernie -- Dems will rally round the flag of free stuff and hatred of Republicans.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashland View Post
    It's Donald Trump. If he wanted to, he could turn on a dime and suddenly run a libertarian, inclusive general election campaign and somehow get away with it, spinning everything as if that has always been his position. Because he's Donald Trump. Not likely at all to happen though.
    Yup.
    RVO˩UTION

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast