Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Palin praises Rand when making Trump endorsement (VIDEO)

Quote Originally Posted by Alldayallie View Post
    Why would you post something that shows Rand in a very negative light. -16 favorability, get that out of here.
    How the hell is Cruz only at -7? Who did they poll his family and the duck dynasty people?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Trump's support is more anti-Bush than pro-Trump. They don't want to switch to someone who can't stop the Bush people from shoving him down their throats. When Bush is done, it becomes a different primary.
    This is actually quite true, as it is an ANTI-establishment trend, after all. That may make it all the more important to Trump to pick a running mate who people may want to vote for once they hear him out. Many voters have not chosen to hear Rand because they presume he is not going to win---but that would change if he was already on the winning ticket. IAW, Rand as VP would fill the "seriousness" gap without Trump having to pick from one of the "Bush people." So a Trump-Paul ticket would benefit both sides.

Palin has expressed her interest would be to serve as Energy of Interior Secretary in a Trump Adminstration, thus (coupled with her other negatives) would make her unlikely to be picked for Veep. Rand has already committed to supporting the winner of the GOP primary race. If Rand does not break through over the next two months in the early primaries, it will be the third national defeat for the liberty movement, and it will be time to consider that Rand accepting VP (if offered) under a likely one-term President Trump, might be the only plausible path for getting our kind of candidate into the White House.
    Last edited by Peace&Freedom; 01-19-2016 at 10:24 PM.
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Did we listen to the same video? It started with "our friends in the House and Senate" should stay there, and her praise of Rand was clearly intended to justify her argument that they should stay there. Sure her 'reasoning' was that Trump wpi;d need people in the Congress to carry out his will, but the point remains.
    Perhaps I give her too much credit as an orator. It was a botched segue. Almost as if she wasn't going to mention any names, but the inspiration came. Hence the wince. My tube was cut off right after that.

Why is she wearing a cloak made out of paperclips?

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Did we listen to the same video? It started with "our friends in the House and Senate" should stay there, and her praise of Rand was clearly intended to justify her argument that they should stay there. Sure her 'reasoning' was that Trump would need people in the Congress to carry out his will, but the point remains.

That's what I got out of it too.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I will not support Trump/Paul ticket. I wrote in Ron Paul at the last general election because I sincerely believe that voting for the lesser of two evil is still evil.

Super disappointed in Sarah Palin. Last year before Trump I was sure she was going to endorse Cruz or Paul. The name drop here was just a pander to libertarians to try and get their support.
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

I think what she was saying was, people like rand need to stay in the Senate and help donald instead of running for president. They are probably aware of rands organization in Iowa and are trying to sway some of those voters. I highly doubt trump would ever want rand as vp

Did we listen to the same video? It started with "our friends in the House and Senate" should stay there, and her praise of Rand was clearly intended to justify her argument that they should stay there.
    I guess you never heard of that saying, " I don't care what they are saying about me as long as they are talking about me." In a sense that is true here; she threw his name out there, it was positive, so why read more into it than that..Rand needs to get his name out there and she helped it along.

Quote Originally Posted by squirl22 View Post
    I guess you never heard of that saying, " I don't care what they are saying about me as long as they are talking about me." In a sense that is true here; she threw his name out there, it was positive, so why read more into it than that..Rand needs to get his name out there and she helped it along.
    I didn't say it hurt us. I'm just parsing the syntax that Palin used.

Quote Originally Posted by cindy25 View Post
    Trump and Rand both have a non-interventionist foreign policy.
    Uh, no, that's simply laughable. Donald Trump absolutely doesn't have a non interventionist foreign policy. Just because he was opposed to the Iraq War doesn't mean that he's non interventionist when it comes to other aspects of foreign policy.

Only helps Rand. Maybe some leaners in the room heard that and will look into Rand now . . . The optimist in me.

This is a very interesting read

How an obscure adviser to Pat Buchanan predicted the wild Trump campaign in 1996

http://theweek.com/articles/599577/h...-campaign-1996

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett85 View Post
    Uh, no, that's simply laughable. Donald Trump absolutely doesn't have a non interventionist foreign policy. Just because he was opposed to the Iraq War doesn't mean that he's non interventionist when it comes to other aspects of foreign policy.
    Trump doesn't have a 'policy' on anything, just makes crap up as he goes along...

$#@! this thread.
    Sanity Check Radio Show
    http://www.SanityCheckRadioShow.com

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    Somebody sum this up so we don't all have to subject ourselves to torture.

She's not a great speaker, eh.

My God, Sarah Palin is so annoying to listen to. Her pronunciation of "deal" is just nonsensical - "DILL" - WTF? Not sure I can listen much longer to hear what she says about Rand (??) She mentioned that she endorsed some other candidates in previous races, but ...

I eventually got to it, then I got to hear her say "squirmishes" and "Allah Akbar" so it was all worth it
    Last edited by Influenza; 01-19-2016 at 09:24 PM.

After rewinding the segment and watching it again, I think she was trying to put it in the heads of the kids from Iowa State (who were there at the press conference) that Rand needs to step aside for Trump.

OMG, that Miss Teen South Carolina does sound like Palin.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    She's not a great speaker, eh.
    It's unusual..like when she starts talking about Rand, she never really finishes the thought but if you slow it down it does make some kind of sense...in her head, at least. I can follow it, but it just goes off onto another thought without definitely finishing what she was saying...inarticulate....

She didn't carry any props, like 32oz Big Gulp or high-capacity mags?
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by groverblue View Post
    $#@! this thread.

plus rep.

I just have the feeling that when Rand was seen as more of a front runner in the very beginning that Palin told Rand that she would endorse him, and now she was just throwing him a bone as an "im sorry" gesture.

Quote Originally Posted by jonathanzx10 View Post
    I just have the feeling that when Rand was seen as more of a front runner in the very beginning that Palin told Rand that she would endorse him, and now she was just throwing him a bone as an "im sorry" gesture.
    Prospective endorsements are often conditional in nature. Palin may have said her endorsement was subject to Rand leading in the polls or winning something by X point. Phyllis Schafly also just endorsed Trump, and as I recall she endorsed Pat Buchanan in '96 only after he had won NH, and shown he was for real.
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

Squirmish? Did she say squirmish? Did she also talk about Trumps Trumpeteers?

She sounds very, very hack. Anyway, it was nice to hear her say that Paul has a great non-interventionist, libertarian, streak.

Quote Originally Posted by groverblue View Post
    $#@! this thread.
    Lots of exposed electricity....high velocity spinning fans....heat sinks that can get hotter than the boiling temp of water....

yeah, no. :shudder:

You guys are so negative... Is it really that fun to swim in defeatism and give away all your power to someone you don't like? Screw them, they aren't in control of everything unless you let them be.

I say this was great. Everyone has their own weird way of speaking, and own bad ideas and bad moves. It's good Rand was mentioned. You know last time I heard Trump criticize Rand at a rally, there was no cheering or booing like when he mentions Clinton or Bush. Just silence. I think it made people a little uncomfortable, because they look on Rand somewhat favorably. Or maybe they just didn't know who he is. I guess that's possible too.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by statist slayer View Post
    The erosion of Hillary's support is so superficial. Doesn't matter if it's Hillary or Bernie -- Dems will rally round the flag of free stuff and hatred of Republicans.
    Not sure about that. The Bernies would support Rand before they went for Hillary in a large part. Trump or Cruz, idk, maybe, stay home. The debate narrative would go a long way on these folks. But, many of these folks can be touched by Rand supporters in the work place.

Listening to this woman for 20 minutes is enough to last me a lifetime. A few things she says makes sense, but the way she strings her thoughts along while rambling is annoying. Her head reminds me of that little game you used to get in Cracker Jacks where you tried to get the little BB through the maze and into the hole. That one BB is her one brain cell trying to fire in overtime mode.

As for the subject of the thread, she must not know Rand very well, he is NOT a war monger like her conservative base. But she tried to make it sound like Rand and them are on the same page, well they arent. She didnt say one word about how we shouldnt be over there in the first place. All I heard was more war, kick ass and take names.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast