Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Palin praises Rand when making Trump endorsement (VIDEO)

Quote Originally Posted by cindy25 View Post
    Trump and Rand both have a non-interventionist foreign policy.
    No, they don't. Are you serious with this $#@!? Trump's problem with U.S. wars is that the military didn't rob those people after they were done killing them. That's non-interventionist?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gold Standard View Post
    No, they don't. Are you serious with this $#@!? Trump's problem with U.S. wars is that the military didn't rob those people after they were done killing them. That's non-interventionist?
    agreed.
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Quote Originally Posted by The Gold Standard View Post
    And don't forget "The problem with our nuclear policy is they are afraid to use them."

Quote Originally Posted by cindy25 View Post
    Trump and Rand both have a non-interventionist foreign policy.
    "ISIS is making a tremendous amount of money because they have certain oil camps, certain areas of oil that they took away," Trump said.

He continued: "They have some in Syria, some in Iraq. I would bomb the s--- out of 'em. I would just bomb those suckers. That's right. I'd blow up the pipes. ... I'd blow up every single inch. There would be nothing left. And you know what, you'll get Exxon to come in there and in two months, you ever see these guys, how good they are, the great oil companies? They’ll rebuild that sucker, brand new — it'll be beautiful."
    http://www.businessinsider.com/donal...b-isis-2015-11

The stuff Trump says, along with his Hitler-like little girls dancing to a creepy song propaganda video scares the $#@! out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    That's it! Kevin from The Office! I knew Cruz looked familiar and dorky!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to sparebulb again.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    And don't forget "The problem with our nuclear policy is they are afraid to use them."
    And there are so many great targets...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    So, is she drunk or something? I haven't listened to her in a few years, but I don't remember her sounding like this.
    I do.

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    I've seen this many times and had some good jollies over it but this time when it was finished there was this other clip showing her explanation of what happened. Now I feel sorry for her because she really was nervous on stage and blew it big time in front of millions of people and now the clip is there playing every day. It must be hard for an 18 year old to live that down. Anyway, here's her explanation and her new better answer for the "question"... (of course this was 2007 and hopefully this is not a big issue for her now)

https://youtu.be/Rt9NNdm3lkI

THIS ONE

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post
    I've seen this many times and had some good jollies over it but this time when it was finished there was this other clip showing her explanation of what happened. Now I feel sorry for her because she really was nervous on stage and blew it big time in front of millions of people and now the clip is there playing every day. It must be hard for an 18 year old to live that down. Anyway, here's her explanation and her new better answer for the "question"... (of course this was 2007 and hopefully this is not a big issue for her now)
    Yes, it was an embarrassing slip-up that will follow her around.

However, she has a something going for her that Sarah Palin either never had, or lost quite a while ago.......

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post

I saw the explanation clip as well when the video finished. I felt bad for her too. Glad she can laugh at herself.

Is Palin the best public speaker? No, but she shouldn't be discredited for it. I'm not a Palin fan but she didn't have to mention Rand but she did, maybe it was to take a shot at Cruz but I think overall it was a positive comment.

Also as for the pageant girl, it's not easy getting asked a question on the spot and answering on a national stage. People like to make fun of her but I doubt most people would be able to give a better response.

I'm not sure what you guys heard but I heard her tell Rand, in that weird passive/aggressive way that he needs to stay in the Senate. The only good thing about that statement was the single cheer for Rand and the perception that Rand is doing better in Iowa than the world is letting on.
    Trump/Paul ticket???? No freaking way.

IMO Palin is a traitor to the liberty movement.

Quote Originally Posted by PCKY View Post
    I'm not sure what you guys heard but I heard her tell Rand, in that weird passive/aggressive way that he needs to stay in the Senate. The only good thing about that statement was the single cheer for Rand and the perception that Rand is doing better in Iowa than the world is letting on.
    That's exactly what I got out of it. Nevertheless, the content of her speech won't matter. It's helpful because it legitimizes Rand. People don't really think very deeply. Rand was mentioned in a superficially positive light, and at the end of the day that's really all that maters.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't see how this could be interpreted any other way.

This was a deliberate shout out, it's good to hear

you wouldn't ever hear Jeb Bush or Marco Rubio do the same

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    Not sure as you can call her a "traitor" as I really don't believe she was ever on board. I think she was just using some of the talking points that she liked...

THIS ONE

I didn't watch the vid. Did she single out Rand alone or praise all the other candidates?
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    I didn't watch the vid. Did she single out Rand alone or praise all the other candidates?
    She basically said lesser men with no chance must stay in the senate to help the great Donald get $#@! done. Then right after she mentioned Rand, which I interpreted to mean one of the people that should keep their senate seat to help King Trump.

basically ...all our allies in Congress and the Senate need to stay there to help achieve Trumps agenda, and I especially want to call out the hero Rand Paul....

Rand Paul was the only one she mentioned.

My take - she mentioned Rand to try and sway the Rand voters in Iowa to switch to Trump.

I think it backfired, mainly due to her poor delivery, and instead legitimized Rand for the caucus. The way I spin it, Trump needs Rand, but Rand can do just fine without Trump.
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

She singled him out while she was talking about the three senators that needed to stay and keep fighting in the Senate. She started the "praise" with "and one of those Senators, Rand Paul". Or something to that effect.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    This. +1
    Sanity Check Radio Show
    http://www.SanityCheckRadioShow.com

Chester Copperpot

Quote Originally Posted by squirl22 View Post
    It's unusual..like when she starts talking about Rand, she never really finishes the thought but if you slow it down it does make some kind of sense...in her head, at least. I can follow it, but it just goes off onto another thought without definitely finishing what she was saying...inarticulate....
    yeah i agree.. and thats basically sara palin.. thats who she is and thats what you want from somebody all their personal nuances as they are what influence people.. anyway it wasnt a bad thing she mentioned rand.. if she had mentioned Cruz instead of Rand everybody here would be bitching....

She singled him out while she was talking about the three senators that needed to stay and keep fighting in the Senate. She started the "praise" with "and one of those Senators, Rand Paul". Or something to that effect.
    Oh ok thx. That sounds like her saying Rand, Cruz, Rubio should drop Pres bids and go back to Senate. Naaa, I don't think so Sarah. Rand is the biggest threat to win Iowa over Trump...
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Might be worth a second listen, she talks about Rand @14:00

You only go to war if you are determined to win the war.

Anything else is a circlejerk.
    Last edited by timosman; 07-05-2018 at 01:05 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345