Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Palin praises Rand when making Trump endorsement (VIDEO)

Quote Originally Posted by cindy25 View Post
    could there be a Trump-Rand ticket (and before you condemn it remember Trump is 70, and will be a 1 term president. )

Assuming Trump won the primary, big assumption I still don't think he will AND assuming Rand accepted the VP nomination, I don't think he would, I still would not vote for Trump. I think he is that much of an $#@!.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Trump will bring record turnout of Dems to the polls to stop him, it will be better than any ballot initiative.
    Hillary will have the same impact on Republicans. And if she manages to keep Berny down it will have been done so by creating a lot bad blood between herself and his supporters. If Rand wins this I could really see him blowing Hillary out of the water. With Cruz I bet Berny supporters would suck it up and vote Hillary. With Trump it feels more like a mixed bag. But if there is one thing I do not know, it is my fellow man.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Also paid tribute to the libertarian wing in the GOP. I am by no means a fan of Palin, but it came out of the blue and I was beyond amazed (and, admittedly, a bit pleased) to hear it.
    Is there somewhere we can hear or watch this part?

Problem is Hillary is more unpopular with general election voters, and again as for Rand who are they polling? Old land line blue hairs?

Quote Originally Posted by Joeinmo View Post
    Problem is Hillary is more unpopular with general election voters, and again as for Rand who are they polling? Old land line blue hairs?
    People who think he's Paul Ryan.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by cindy25 View Post
    could there be a Trump-Rand ticket (and before you condemn it remember Trump is 70, and will be a 1 term president. )
    Watch it be a Trump-Palin ticket.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

People who think he's Paul Ryan.
    Not sure if you are joking, but I bet there's at least a little truth to that.

I ultimately see this as a way for palin to stick it to Cruz by mentioning Rand instead lol

I'll take it
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

So, how about a quote... A link? tube?

I'm afraid paraphrasing isn't enough. I need a little context.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52wa6It7XY8

For those who can't handle more than a few minutes of her voice, she mentions Rand at about 14:30.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    im getting dizzy from all the trump talk.

i absolutely will not vote for a Trump-Rand ticket, ever. It does far more harm than good and makes me find Rand untrustworthy.

Sarah Palin statement on Rand video

At about the 1 Hour 7 min 35 sec mark

http://www.acalltopaul.com/node/764

Quote Originally Posted by MCJ62 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52wa6It7XY8

For those who can't handle more than a few minutes of her voice, she mentions Rand at about 14:30.
    Her voice, ugh.

I'm not sure what to think of Trumps reaction to that....hmmm...

Wow, she's even harder to listen to now than the was 4 and 8 years ago...

I saw this on TV and I thought it was live. The part where she mentioned Rand was edited out.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Somebody sum this up so we don't all have to subject ourselves to torture.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    Somebody sum this up so we don't all have to subject ourselves to torture.
    Rand Paul knows you don't go to war unless you want to win the war. These oil-rich nations should be paying for their own battles. "Let Allah figure it out."

*warm reception from crowd*

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think she mentioned Rand as more of a shot at Cruz, but maybe there's a 60/40 split shot/praise. Maybe it's just me, but Trump seemed to flinch a little at Rand's name, but being the showman he is couldn't give a reaction that contradicts what Palin was saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Kords21 View Post
    I think she mentioned Rand as more of a shot at Cruz, but maybe there's a 60/40 split shot/praise. Maybe it's just me, but Trump seemed to flinch a little at Rand's name, but being the showman he is couldn't give a reaction that contradicts what Palin was saying.
    Rand and Palin have an amicable relationship. She helped him win his senate seat.

Quote Originally Posted by 01000110 View Post
    Her voice, ugh.

I'm not sure what to think of Trumps reaction to that....hmmm...
    Yes, her voice...ugh!
    And I stand corrected from my earlier post. She didn't pay tribute to the libertarian wing of the GOP, it was the "libertarian streak" in Rand Paul. But I was still surprised to hear it.
    There is only one success -- to be able to spend your life in your own way.
    -- Christopher Morley (1890 - 1957)

Quote Originally Posted by Kotin View Post
    What did she say
    That he should stay in Congress.

I think it is great that she mentioned Rand...he's the only other name she spouted. The Cruz supporters are going to be going crazy...she said, "..let me say something really positive about one of those (she was talkin about others in the Senate and House who will be there to support Trump in Presidency) individuals, Rand Paul, I'm going to tell you about that libertarian streak in him that is healthy because he knows you only go to war if you are determined to win the war and you quit footin' the bill for these nations who are oil rich we are paying for some of their squirmishes that have been goin' on for centuries where they're fightin' each other and yellin' allah akbar callin jihad on each other for ever and ever like I said let them duke it out and let allah sort it out..." well she goes on but that mention of Rand is a slap in the face to Cruz....I think it is a big plus for Rand...unlike others here, I think she still has some clout and her saying something like this about Rand and it was on TV....gets his name out there...

Quote Originally Posted by Kords21 View Post
    This was said 10 minutes in to Palin's ramblings. Trump had been standing next to her the whole time. His faces were engaging enough at the beginning but by the end you could tell he just wanted her to shut the hell up so he could talk. So I wouldn't read anything Rand specific in to the looks.

As for the VP spot, he wouldn't offer Rand and Rand shouldn't accept even if he did. Senator is far more powerful than Vice President, and that was Palin's point anyway. She was saying we need good people like Rand in the Senate to work with a President Trump.

I couldn't get through 20 seconds of that. omg her voice.
    "Our Founders would be ashamed of us!" --Ron Paul, Dr, Rep Congressman from Texas

Quote Originally Posted by squirl22 View Post
    I think it is great that she mentioned Rand...he's the only other name she spouted. The Cruz supporters are going to be going crazy...she said, "..let me say something really positive about one of those (she was talkin about others in the Senate and House who will be there to support Trump in Presidency) individuals, Rand Paul, I'm going to tell you about that libertarian streak in him that is healthy because he knows you only go to war if you are determined to win the war and you quit footin' the bill for these nations who are oil rich we are paying for some of their squirmishes that have been goin' on for centuries where they're fightin' each other and yellin' allah akbar callin jihad on each other for ever and ever like I said let them duke it out and let allah sort it out..." well she goes on but that mention of Rand is a slap in the face to Cruz....I think it is a big plus for Rand...unlike others here, I think she still has some clout and her saying something like this about Rand and it was on TV....gets his name out there...
    +1! I wonder if the Iowa Straw Poll was just a preview of what will really happen on Feb 1st??

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This was said 10 minutes in to Palin's ramblings.
    No, it was around 15:30 and I transcribed it above.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    That he should stay in Congress.
    Not directly. There was a break that suggested a new train of thought. Unusual delivery if that was her argument.

Quote Originally Posted by FrancisMarion View Post
    Not directly. There was a break that suggested a new train of thought. Unusual delivery if that was her argument.
    Did we listen to the same video? It started with "our friends in the House and Senate" should stay there, and her praise of Rand was clearly intended to justify her argument that they should stay there. Sure her 'reasoning' was that Trump would need people in the Congress to carry out his will, but the point remains.

Why would you post something that shows Rand in a very negative light. -16 favorability, get that out of here.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast