Thread: Democratic Debate Thread and Rand Paul's Commentary

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries

Democratic Debate Thread and Rand Paul's Commentary

I got a tweet that he will be responding with feedback on tonight's debate, anyone know if it will be on Periscope?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I dunno but, can we have a Twitter Storm ? lol

Eh. Not a fan of stuff like this. His commentary won't effectively educate anyone. It won't offer a particularly nuanced perspective on the issues either. Those looking at his commentary either already agree with him(us and his other supporters) or want to yell at him(people who fundamentally disagree with his worldview).

He's been streaming a lot lately so I can't imagine why he wouldn't be live again tonight. I like stuff like this. It may not attract huge numbers of new supporters, but it at least fires up the base. It's better than doing nothing.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Bernie.
    Dr. Rand Paul@RandPaul 2m2 minutes ago
    Seriously? @BernieSanders is bragging he has a failing grade on protecting the Bill of Rights #DemDebate

Go Bernie! :P
    Dr. Rand Paul@RandPaul 3m3 minutes ago
    .@BernieSanders just bragged about getting a D- grade. And he wants to fix education. #DemDebate

Go Rand!
    Dr. Rand Paul@RandPaul 2m2 minutes ago
    I have called for comprehensive reform measures to fix America’s broken criminal justice system #DemDebate - http://bit.ly/1ncPLsq

Rand is on a roll. Troll level - master.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Great so far, I hope he live tweets until the end of the debate. I just donated $10 after Rand posted his donation link. Please keep liking and retweeting his responses!

Go Rand!
    Dr. Rand Paul@RandPaul 7m7 minutes ago
    .@BernieSanders thinks the way to make healthcare cost less is to get the government MORE involved. That has never worked #DemDebate

Hah

Is it just me or is Hillary looking really bad in this debate so far
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Crashland View Post
    Is it just me or is Hillary looking really bad in this debate so far
    That's out of the norm?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by 01000110 View Post
    That's out of the norm?
    Oh, it's the norm. She is absolutely unbearable. .

Overall terrible debate, Sanders could just lambaste Hillary and choose's not to, it's just not his nature.

3 terrible candidates.
    Last edited by Antwan15; 01-17-2016 at 09:14 PM.
    If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue, Or walk with Kings---nor lose the common touch,
    If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you, If all men count with you, but none too much:
    If you can fill the unforgiving minute, With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
    Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
    And---which is more---you'll be a Man, my son! ---Rudyard Kipling---

His boost in twitter followers from the other night is showing today. Ppl are retweeting the $#@! out of everything he posts.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    His boost in twitter followers from the other night is showing today. Ppl are retweeting the $#@! out of everything he posts.
    I agree. Tons of likes and RTs as soon as he posts stuff

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

funny

Quote Originally Posted by bronxboy10 View Post
    I agree. Tons of likes and RTs as soon as he posts stuff
    Katie Couric RT'ed one

Quote Originally Posted by nasaal View Post
    Eh. Not a fan of stuff like this. His commentary won't effectively educate anyone. It won't offer a particularly nuanced perspective on the issues either. Those looking at his commentary either already agree with him(us and his other supporters) or want to yell at him(people who fundamentally disagree with his worldview).
    Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    He's been streaming a lot lately so I can't imagine why he wouldn't be live again tonight. I like stuff like this. It may not attract huge numbers of new supporters, but it at least fires up the base. It's better than doing nothing.
    Yeah, it helps motivate current supporters. And it's true that it probably won't bring over a bunch of Bernie/Hillary supporters.

But, when Rand takes on the Democrats like that it can increase his favorability with other Republican primary voters. When they see Rand schooling Bernie on economics they will pick Rand's side because he's "on their team", and their views are closer to Rand's than Bernie's.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    I didn't watch of the debate but Rand's replies are gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Moon View Post
    I didn't watch of the debate but Rand's replies are gold.
    The Washington Post even went so far as to name him a "WINNER" in last night's Democratic debate.

Disclaimer: It's a backhanded compliment, but you can see it here, if you are so inclined.
    There is only one success -- to be able to spend your life in your own way.
    -- Christopher Morley (1890 - 1957)

Rand did a good job. I didn't watch the debate. The last thing I want to do is waste my time watching puppets speak out of their butts. Bernie the sheepdog is the lesser evil among the Democrats. It would be hilarious if Hillary is denied the nomination again. It would be dreadful if she gets it. We need Ron Paul. We need a transitional candidate from Empire back to a Republic. I'm glad Rand is talking about the Fed. Even left wingers like Michael Whitney gets it: http://www.unz.com/mwhitney/the-char...ns-everything/

The best thing that Sanders is doing is that he's providing fertile fodder for the ads against Hillary in the general. The Wall Street stuff was great.

Although, the only candidate that could possibly use any of it would be Rand Paul.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire