Thread: *VID* Rand spends 1 hour with Union Leader (very interesting stats during town hall)

*VID* Rand spends 1 hour with Union Leader (very interesting stats during town hall)

Goes behind the scenes of the live stream town hall with social media stats and more.

THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Dr. Oz will air on Monday.

During the live stream last night, they were doing twitter/periscope, facebook, and also vine and snapchat.

~9:30 he talks about the DMR poll where 5% of the sample said they voted Ron Paul in 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    ~9:30 he talks about the DMR poll where 5% of the sample said they voted Ron Paul in 2012.
    Wow hell yeah! At this point imo Rand needs to focus on himself while letting the other supposed top 3 tear each other down.

Quote Originally Posted by rich34 View Post
    Wow hell yeah! At this point imo Rand needs to focus on himself while letting the other supposed top 3 tear each other down.
    Yes, he needs to differentiate himself. Rubio tried to pin Cruz to Rand in the debate, vis a vis cutting defense spending, which Cruz strenuously resisted. Rand needs to emphasize that he is the only candidate who will shrink the size of government in a meaningful way. No sacred cows.

That's great news. That is a real clue they may be completely missing what Rands support is. Ron got nearly a quarter of the vote in Iowa. It's a long shot but if Rand pulls it off it would be the biggest upset ever and a huge embarrassment for the process as a whole.
    "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." —Jeff Cooper

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

I kind of disagree. Originally, several months ago I thought that he should focus on blasting Trump. I then changed my mind and thought your approach was best.

But now I am sure it is not. He needs to constantly hammer Trump. Every opportunity he gets, he has to call Trump a clown and boob. He has to rip Donald apart by making him into a joke. Trump is not falling. Playing nice with him won't work. People love that he's a bully. Rand needs to make Donald look like an ass, not a powerful leader.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I agree !! Let them devour each other.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNothing View Post
    I kind of disagree. Originally, several months ago I thought that he should focus on blasting Trump. I then changed my mind and thought your approach was best.

But now I am sure it is not. He needs to constantly hammer Trump. Every opportunity he gets, he has to call Trump a clown and boob. He has to rip Donald apart by making him into a joke. Trump is not falling. Playing nice with him won't work. People love that he's a bully. Rand needs to make Donald look like an ass, not a powerful leader.
    Donald Trumps brand new ad and talking point is he thinks he should be king because he gets big crowds, but I'm sure as you know he is no king of crowds

One of the highest-attendance music concerts in history was held by Metallica on September 28, 1991 at Tushino Airfield in Moscow, where unofficially 1.6 million people attended.

Why do I keep thinking he is wearing a yamaka?
    "Our Founders would be ashamed of us!" --Ron Paul, Dr, Rep Congressman from Texas

Quote Originally Posted by KingNothing View Post

Not in ads in Iowa. They'll all be going after Trump and if on caucus night it appears to those in support Trump realize he's not going to win Rand needs tio be best positioned ti pick up the Trump supporters that will be willing to back another candidate. With as hard as I believe Cruz and Rubio will be going after Trump Rand won't need to and by letting the other two tear Trump down Rand will be much better positioned to pick up his supporters. Remember this is how Kerry beat Howard Dean by picking up the supporters of John Edwards. It's actually a very similar situation. If Dean won Iowa that year he was going to cruise to victory (no pun intended) but the establishment stopped him by joining the forces of two candidates. I suppose the establishment could risk putting Cruz and Rubio's supporters together but I see that as to big a risk on their part as neither will have enough boots on the ground to ensure a victory. However if they do go that route and there's been a lot if mudslinging from Cruz and Rubio I could see Trump's supporters being pissed and choosing to deny the establishment a victory by teaming up with the guy that is anti establishment and did't sling dirt at their guy, Rand Paul. I just can't see the establishment letting Trump win Iowa if they're as truly anti Trump as they talk. Rand needs tio be best positioned for either outcome.

During the live stream last night, they were doing twitter/periscope, facebook, and also vine and snapchat.
    And they said they had 7,000 questions submitted... and 700,000 viewers total on Facebook.

Really good interview overall. Didn't plan on watching the whole thing but it was worth it.

Fantastic interview. Is this a liberal or conservative paper?

New Hampshire Union Leader endorses Chris Christie
    By POLITICO Staff
    11/29/15 12:00 AM EST
    Updated 11/29/15 07:42 AM EST

Read more: hxxp://www.politico.com/story/2015/11/new-hampshire-union-leader-endorses-chris-christie-216232#ixzz3xQSo6XQP

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by mit26chell View Post
    Fantastic interview. Is this a liberal or conservative paper?
    After watching I totally agree. Best line Rand had was when they were talking about the 2nd tier debate, "they are training the voter to think they have no chance"....once Rand shows strong in Iowa this move to not participate will be looked as his best yet.
    "Our Founders would be ashamed of us!" --Ron Paul, Dr, Rep Congressman from Texas

VERY happy that Rand's team caught that garbage with the DMR poll.. Polling 31 percent of 2012 romney supporters and 5 percent of Ron's supporters is pretty terrible..

Great video, finally got around to watching it.

9min 30seconds or so...

Talks about that poll that only had 5% 2012 Ron Paul supporters in it.
    "I am a bird"

He knocked Christie in that interview, too, about the no-fly zone. Before that, he told them he was sorry, but he had to say something about their guy, and they all laughed.

Around that same time (10:30) , the editor said (speculatively) Union Leader fell out with (the TV network) as a co-sponsor of a debate because Union Leader insisted on looking deeper than opinion polling to determine the "legit" top-tier candidates. I think this was one where Christie got put in the early debate.
    Last edited by CPUd; 01-16-2016 at 02:34 PM.

Associated Story

hxxp://www.unionleader.com/article/20160116/NEWS0605/160119294&source=RSS

He knocked Christie in that interview, too, about the no-fly zone. Before that, he told them he was sorry, but he had to say something about their guy, and they all laughed.

Around that same time (10:30) , the editor said (speculatively) Union Leader fell out with (the TV network) as a co-sponsor of a debate because Union Leader insisted on looking deeper than opinion polling to determine the "legit" top-tier candidates. I think this was one where Christie got put in the early debate.
    Yeah, they endorsed Christie but they were very fair in the interview.

At the end Rand made a joke like "I must be getting close to the endorsement, I thought I've done a great job", and the guy said, "oh yeah, that was two hours ago, nobody's called Chris yet".

Quote Originally Posted by Scott_in_PA View Post
    Associated Story

hxxp://www.unionleader.com/article/20160116/NEWS0605/160119294&source=RSS
    That's a good article too. I think it's worth giving them the link traffic.