Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Update: Rand Paul reddit AMA set for Thursday @ 7:30 pm ET!

Update: Rand Paul reddit AMA set for Thursday @ 7:30 pm ET!

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/4143wv/ama_request_rand_paul/

My 5 Questions:

1. What are your thoughts on the inefficiencies of the VA?
    2. What is your policy on the war on drugs?
    3. What should be the United State's approach to the growing threat of ISIS/ISIL?
    4. What is your proudest moment as Senator?
    5. What would you change with our foreign policy?

Public Contact Information: @RandPaul

--

update:

update #2: Thread is now live for posting questions, Rand will be back at 7:30 ET to answer

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/commen...ial_candidate/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He should do this. It's not an supportive environment but I think he could pull it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzu View Post
    AMA means -- ?
    Ask Me Anything.

Basically a town-hall type format. /Or exactly what he was doing yesterday.
    "I am a bird"

I wonder if a Reddit/twitter AMA could be engineered. With someone reading off AMA questions and then Rand answering them in real time?

He should, but he also should have done it a long while back. Even if a good chunk of the questions he answers have nothing to do with politics, what it does is establish a personal connection to voters which makes them more attached and less likely to jump ship. Like the #RandRally, the energy was very high! People want to support a person not a politician.
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

That's what typically happens for Reddit AMAs.

Awesome. Someone can tweet this to the campaign maybe? He needs to stay full throttle on staying engaged.

A cable network might even host a Q&A seeing how much attention the live stream got on the internet. It would bring in ratings I'm sure.

Or better yet,a local station in Iowa and in addition to the network broadcast stream it live on YouTube.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    NICE!!
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Ron Paul did one a while back. Someone sent him some bitcoin.

Ron Paul did one a while back. Someone sent him some bitcoin.
    Will probably get linked in r/Bitcoin too when he does it, have seen a few Rand posts on the front page there.

That's a good target audience to go after. He already accepts Bitcoin and making a few statements about how government should stay out of trying to regulate it would win a lot of people over.

I think right now is the best time to do it, no matter what he will be met will Bernie Trolls, but I think Rand does best when he is in the lions den. He's very likable at the moment politically, due to his recent unpopularity with the establishment. They really don't know how big of a favor they did him because the reason why he wasn't getting good reception is because he was seen as too cozy with the RNC/FOX.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    It's not an supportive environment...
    Say no more. That's a big "no". Never cater to the haters.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Tried reddit but like the man says, a bunch of haters. I will participate though as all of this gets publicity and publicity is good...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

I think it would go well overall. Talk about foreign policy, the war on drugs, internet privacy etc.

The request has 3400 upvotes... 83% of total votes.

The top comment is "Agreed, he seems like a reasonable dude. Too bad he gets no time to share his views cuz he's not spouting hatred of minorities...", with 836 upvotes.

There would be trolling, but there would be a lot of good questions and he can choose to answer those... which would then be upvoted and seen above the troll posts.

And Rand isn't like a certain other candidate, he has thick skin and can handle himself.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There are enough Rand supporters in r/randpaul to mitigate the trolling. They just got a bump in subscribers this week.

There are enough Rand supporters in r/randpaul to mitigate the trolling. They just got a bump in subscribers this week.
    Just went there and signed in for the first time in maybe a year. I upvoted everything about Rand I saw. I'm certain I'm subscribed to r/randpaul but I'll be damned if I can find proof of that...

edit- found it. I'm subscribed...

THIS ONE

Rand just confirmed it.

Radical in the sense of being in total, root-and-branch opposition to the existing political system and to the State itself. Radical in the sense of having integrated intellectual opposition to the State with a gut hatred of its pervasive and organized system of crime and injustice. Radical in the sense of a deep commitment to the spirit of liberty and anti-statism that integrates reason and emotion, heart and soul. - M. Rothbard

The only candidates with support on Reddit are Rand Paul (probably 10%, and this is very generous) and Bernie (90+%). It's a very liberal crowd, but Rand can handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by DP714 View Post
    The only candidates with support on Reddit are Rand Paul (probably 10%, and this is very generous) and Bernie (90+%). It's a very liberal crowd, but Rand can handle it.
    Yea people might think you're exaggerating but the Politics section is literally 90% Bernie posts. Each with 200+ replies.

We've confirmed the @reddit AMA! Senator @RandPaul will be answering your questions tomorrow, 1/21, at 7:30pm ET!

Quote Originally Posted by RDM View Post
    We've confirmed the @reddit AMA! Senator @RandPaul will be answering your questions tomorrow, 1/21, at 7:30pm ET!
    If this is confirmed then this needs more exposure, reddit AMA's are a live event in the sense that people like to read them as they happen, is there a post we can upvote on reddit to make this gain visibility? I wish he would of done this during the debate.

Long time lurker here from Ron's 2012 cycle.

Reddit is actually pretty supportive towards Rand, more so than Trump/Cruz. About half the people in r/politics say things like, "he is the smartest in the GOP field..I just wish his economics were different but I love his foreign policy" while the other half just think he is completely irrelevant and nothing like his father (who btw was loved on reddit nearly as much as Bernie is now.)

Obviously Rand won't be able to answer all the questions asked so I think it is important to have intellectual discussion (as much as possible) with the Sanders supporters when the inevitable questions about the environment, top 1%, healthcare, etc. pop up. AMA's with prominent politicians get tons of views so this is a great opportunity for Rand and his supporters to spread the message of liberty. So if you don't have a reddit account its worthwhile to make one. All it requires is an email account.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I made a reddit account for this.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

I made a reddit account for this.
    I have a very dusty reddit account (same handle) so I'll be there...

THIS ONE

If they kept it 2,016% and periscoped it, and have it on Facebook live like the town halls lately with him on the computer (of course with others; just not visually) doing it then it would be a knock out of the park.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Amash (R) MI-3rd
    "Young people want a Republican Party that believes in limited government and economic freedom and individual liberty, but they want a party that also acts on it.”

THE FUTURE OF THE GOP = R[∃vo˩]ution 2.0: Rand Paul 2016

Quote Originally Posted by NOVALibertarian View Post
    First they ignore you= Ron Paul, 2007-2008
    Then they laugh at you= Ron Paul, 2012
    Then they fight you= Rand Paul, 2014-2015
    And then you win= Rand Paul, November 8th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by nskokov View Post
    So if you don't have a reddit account its worthwhile to make one. All it requires is an email account.
    You don't even need an email address. You just pick a username and password, and you're done.

Quote Originally Posted by brandon View Post
    You don't even need an email address. You just pick a username and password, and you're done.

ah youre right, its been a while since i made my account. hopefully rand will be able to answer a lot of questions

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast