Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So...what's the criteria for the Jan 28 debate?

So...what's the criteria for the Jan 28 debate?

Are they gonna surprise us at the last minute? Surprise! Only the top 2 get into the debate!

Or more like the first debate where everybody is invited?
    Non-violence is the creed of those that maintain a monopoly on force.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by limequat View Post
    Are they gonna surprise us at the last minute? Surprise! Only the top 2 get into the debate!

After the ratings dip, wouldn't be surprised if its 1 big debate. Everyone with 1 percent gets in.. Not sure. Would be surprised if it was the exact same.

They'll make sure to allow a few positive polls to slip through just enough to get Rand on stage. The fact that it ended up helping Rand more by being off of the stage will likely influence their decision in making sure not to exclude him solely because they dont want him gaining even more momentum by being the "enemy of the media".
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by ds21089 View Post
    They'll make sure to allow a few positive polls to slip through just enough to get Rand on stage. The fact that it ended up helping Rand more by being off of the stage will likely influence their decision in making sure not to exclude him solely because they dont want him gaining even more momentum by being the "enemy of the media".
    There was a post here recently that sad something along the lines of, "Rand will have a surge soon in the polls just so they don't look stupid."

I agree. I think there may be a couple positive polls as we draw closer.

Depends on who's hosting it. Which network is it?
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Fox News.

Oh crap. Fox will exclude him

Heard that the polls won't matter....you had to be in the last debate in order to qualify.....

Also as secondary qualifications your name cannot rhyme with SAND.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

So What Will Be The Debate Criteria For The 28th?

The GOP/media were hoping to sink Rand's REAL numbers by having him not participate in last night's debate. I think it's safe to say they're going to fail at this. Soon enough, the polls are gonna have to show him surging because we all know he's not at 5% in Iowa. So what will they do?

I don't see how they can keep him out of the next one. It's too close to Iowa to manipulate the polls. They'd be risking a lot, the pollsters would. So what to do? Stop polling altogether? Continue manipulating the polls and risk looking like fools and fraudsters? Letting Rand participate in the 28th debate will be like admitting that they were wrong for excluding him in last night's debate in the first place. Or it'll be like admitting that Rand is rising at the last minute! Either way, they'll look like $#@!s.

They must be panicking right about now. They've energized his base, and now they'll have to include him in the next one. Losers they'll look like. Losers. Damn political rookies they look like next to Rand's genius political Aikido skills.
    Last edited by SilentBull; 01-15-2016 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ds21089 View Post
    This. And then they will ask one question "Do you think you stand a hope in hell of ever being POTUS?" and give him 30 seconds of speaking time to answer.

Quote Originally Posted by puppetmaster View Post
    Heard that the polls won't matter....you had to be in the last debate in order to qualify.....

Sound about right
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Or if the initials are RP!

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Fox will exclude him
    I doubt it, but not because they want him there. They just dont want to prop him up by being the "$#@! the media" candidate. Being anti-media has shown to be very popular this election cycle. Last night was proof of that. Rand has seen a surge in support since announcing to boycott. They don't want to give Rand any more of these opportunities to capitalize on, so he's likely to be included. Though I'm sure there will be questions stacked against him and a narrative to make him look bad, of course.

Lol, didn't see this thread. I just started this one: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...a-For-The-28th

Maybe the mods can merge?

EDIT: Merged it's been.
    Last edited by SilentBull; 01-15-2016 at 01:26 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So...what's the criteria for the Jan 28 debate?
    At least one of your parents must have been born outside of the USA and/or you must share your last name with a former president. Bush, Trump, Rubio, Cruz?
    Last edited by SilentBull; 01-15-2016 at 01:23 PM.

Breaking....just to prove that the media is not biased and not selecting our candidates for the American people Fox is going to take the top two from the Iowa caucus and exclude them since it is obvious everyone knows lwho they are and what they stand for. This criteria will ensure that all our fine candidates get equal exposure.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

I'd root for a ten man stage, excluding Rand because he "took his ball and went home" by not showing for the last undercard. It would be terrifically petty and give Fox a chance to showcase the real contenders like Santorum who doesn't want American troops in Syria... because that's what the caliphate wants so they can bring about Armageddon. No... serious, this is what he was saying at the CNN undercard. And then they can ask if anyone on stage objects to this assessment.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentBull View Post
    The GOP/media were hoping to sink Rand's REAL numbers by having him not participate in last night's debate. I think it's safe to say they're going to fail at this. Soon enough, the polls are gonna have to show him surging because we all know he's not at 5% in Iowa. So what will they do?

I don't see how they can keep him out of the next one. It's too close to Iowa to manipulate the polls. They'd be risking a lot, the pollsters would. So what to do? Stop polling altogether? Continue manipulating the polls and risk looking like fools and fraudsters? Letting Rand participate in the 28th debate will be like admitting that they were wrong for excluding him in last night's debate in the first place. Or it'll be like admitting that Rand is rising at the last minute! Either way, they'll look like $#@!s.

They must be panicking right about now. They've energized his base, and now they'll have to include him in the next one. Losers they'll look like. Losers. Damn political rookies they look like next to Rand's genius political Aikido skills.
    Interesting take.

If I was them, this is what I'd do. Keep Rand out of the last debate. Run with the narrative that his campaign is dead and hope like hell it catches.
    If I get caught with my pants down in Iowa -well- Iowa doesn't matter. Santorum won Iowa. Huckabee won Iowa. Who cares if Rand wins Iowa? NH is where it's at.

Rand's decision to skip the undercard debate entirely was genius. Becoming the enemy of the MSM and Polsters has energized his base constituents and nearly doubled his twitter followers in just one night of live streaming town hall Q&A. He should skip all the remaining debates, both main and undercard, and continue this revolution without them all together. This would be a real Karate chop to their egos.

The problem with all of this, is that it could be Rand vs Trump heading into NH. Then WTF? Is the establishment really gonna split their vote 4 ways with Kasich, Christie, Jeb, and Marco all polling about 10% in NH?

Yes.

But if you want to make SAND glow, you are automatically included.

Interesting take.

If I was them, this is what I'd do. Keep Rand out of the last debate. Run with the narrative that his campaign is dead and hope like hell it catches.
    If I get caught with my pants down in Iowa -well- Iowa doesn't matter. Santorum won Iowa. Huckabee won Iowa. Who cares if Rand wins Iowa? NH is where it's at.
    Good points. Unfortunately, this makes sense. They may be thinking of doubling down because it's too risky for them to include him. I hope that's not the case. I'm just not sure how they can keep him out. I imagine his poll numbers will rise starting next week.
    Last edited by SilentBull; 01-15-2016 at 01:51 PM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rand may do them a favor by skipping the next debate anyways.

They're all undercards when you're Rand Paul.
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

Rand has to be in the debate. Remember, we don't have to win the nomination outright to count it a victory. All we need is to secure enough delegates to be the lynch pin for a nomination at the convention, securing Rand the vice presidency or a similarly prestigious position. I think being entirely excluded from the MSM coverage of both of the last debates would basically end his campaign.
    Last edited by statist slayer; 01-15-2016 at 02:03 PM.

my prediction - they will continue to ignore Rand and will also stop including him in any polls moving forward.

I think they will have all on stage for the next one. It is doubtful they will ask Rand a question, but he will be on stage.

The problem with all of this, is that it could be Rand vs Trump heading into NH. Then WTF? Is the establishment really gonna split their vote 4 ways with Kasich, Christie, Jeb, and Marco all polling about 10% in NH?
    That's the beltway's problem! They had their chance when Rand went after Trump in the first debate! They can all rot in hell and go and whimper like the good pussies they are! HA!

I'd like to see him receive an invitation and turn it down. With only a few days before the caucus, it might be a better move to get supporters' energy up than to try to gain a few more through a television appearance. We all know that the focus groups and pundits will determine he lost the debate anyway.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast