Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Rand Paul Townhall Livestream, 9PM EST

Rand Paul Townhall Livestream, 9PM EST

Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 01-14-2016 at 09:03 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They confronted me in the day of my calamity, but the Lord was my support.

He's getting hella followers on periscope, about 1 per second now:
    https://www.periscope.tv/@drrandpaul

I wonder what they have in mind. If this is going to be like a 30 minute thing, or if they're going to broadcast through the whole debate.

Is there a youtube alternative ?
    "I am a bird"

so... never used periscope before. Anyone want to help an old man and tell me how to watch this? All I see is Bob Weir. (and some other ridiculousness)
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    Is there a youtube alternative ?
    AFAIK, no.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    so... never used periscope before. Anyone want to help an old man and tell me how to watch this? All I see is Bob Weir. (and some other ridiculousness)
    I never used it either, but I'm assuming that once it's streaming you can just click on something on that page.

...i.e. I doubt you have to sign up or log in or anything.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rand's stream isn't up yet. You most likely hit the "Watch a Live Broadcast" button at the bottom of the page, which I think brings you to a random live broadcast, not one necessarily related to the users page you accessed it from. Rand's broadcast isn't live yet, but it will appear there on his periscope page whenever they start streaming

haha. ran into the same thing. Who the F is Bob Weir?!

Once the stream starts it should just show up right?

Edit: And can I ask questions even tho im not a "member"?
    If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue, Or walk with Kings---nor lose the common touch,
    If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you, If all men count with you, but none too much:
    If you can fill the unforgiving minute, With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
    Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
    And---which is more---you'll be a Man, my son! ---Rudyard Kipling---

Quote Originally Posted by Antwan15 View Post
    haha. ran into the same thing. Who the F is Bob Weir?!
    wut.

Damn, I feel old. Are you serious?
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

Quote Originally Posted by libertyplz View Post
    Rand's stream isn't up yet. You most likely hit the "Watch a Live Broadcast" button at the bottom of the page, which I think brings you to a random live broadcast, not one necessarily related to the users page you accessed it from. Rand's broadcast isn't live yet, but it will appear there on his periscope page whenever they start streaming
    Thank;s, I didn't know what it was either.

Yes this is 2016, when the video starts, it will just be there.

wut.

Damn, I feel old. Are you serious?
    Ok, I googled it. You may feel old. But now I feel stupid.
    If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue, Or walk with Kings---nor lose the common touch,
    If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you, If all men count with you, but none too much:
    If you can fill the unforgiving minute, With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
    Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
    And---which is more---you'll be a Man, my son! ---Rudyard Kipling---

I got a new laptop next to me that I borrowed to make sure I can watch it...
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by staerker View Post
    Just noticed, lol at "IT'S HAPPENING."
    They confronted me in the day of my calamity, but the Lord was my support.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This will be awesome as long as there's no technical problems.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

The stream still isn't up, stay tuned, should be soon.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR DONATION Thank you for your $50.00 contribution to my campaign. Your transaction ID is 251****
    "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." —Jeff Cooper

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

How is anybody going to watch this if they don't know where to look?

Let's go!!!

Just went live
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by mit26chell View Post
    Where are the links?!
    https://www.periscope.tv/@drrandpaul

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    The stream still isn't up, stay tuned, should be soon.
    Where will the links be? This has been so confusing!

It's live - downloaded the app on my iPhone but it looks like it works on the desktop too.

major lag, my crummy internet

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast