Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why is Rand SKIPPING the Debate?

Why is Rand SKIPPING the Debate?

Couldn't there be some positivity about Rand in the undercard debate? He will get much more time to talk and explain issues. He will have a much better chance to make the headline for the undercard debate winner. And as we saw with Carley, it can offer a nice boost in the polls. With primary season just around the corner, shouldn't the Rand campaign look at this as lemonade rather than lemons?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

No I think he should campaign non stop in IA and NH talking to individual voters.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

So you don't know why Rand said he would skip the debate? Imagine that. Fug off. -55 rep.

Actually, what is Carly gonna do? Just talk to the moderator?

This almost creates a situation forcing the Network to reshuffle the whole event and explain why.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyJeff View Post
    Couldn't there be some positivity about Rand in the undercard debate? He will get much more time to talk and explain issues. He will have a much better chance to make the headline for the undercard debate winner. And as we saw with Carley, it can offer a nice boost in the polls. With primary season just around the corner, shouldn't the Rand campaign look at this as lemonade rather than lemons?
    C'mon bud, you have to be kidding me - the debates are a scam and so is polling, it should be illegal to poll - this will be the lowest watched debate of all

To the OP, no, the undercard debate is almost worthless, the press and excitement generated by Rand's refusal is much more valuable.

Quote Originally Posted by VIDEODROME View Post

This almost creates a situation forcing the Network to reshuffle the whole event and explain why.
    Santorum and Huckleberry aren't attending now?

Hell no !!! Rand isn't going to sit at the kiddie table. The entire purpose in placing Rand there, is to degrade him. He is not an under card candidate, who must grovel to FOX News. Let FOX grovel to us. I will never turn FOX or FOX Business on again. They are dead to me.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think he could have participated and done well, but doing this instead might help him more. He just needs to follow it up strongly. It is crucial that Rand go on an absolute rampage between now and the caucus without stopping for air...
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

Rand has already raised more money than previous debates have caused and we are still two days away from the debate. Getting placed in the lower tier debate would have caused us to get ignored.. We are getting and will get more attention by boycotting. I do believe Rand has something in store for Thursday besides the money bomb. Nonetheless, the base is pissed off..

It's pretty easy.

1. It underlines that he doesn't want to be judged by the media and phony polls or even the selection thereof.
    2. He will get more attention from NOT participating than actually participating.
    3. It rallies the grassroots, if you haven't noticed.
    4. It makes him appear strong and decisive.
    5. He can spend his time doing something else which may be equally productive, IDK what he's planning on.
    "I am a bird"

I'm not sure if skipping it is a good idea or not, but I lean towards it being a good idea. Now that Rand has said he's not going, it would look really bad if he changed his mind.

how about neither are bad ideas...but remember the cheers ted, carson and trump got for taking debate time to slam the media? Thats basically what Rand is doing. So, its goes over really well. Safe play, actually, imo.

Rand has a reason for everything he does.

Quote Originally Posted by dude58677 View Post
    Rand has a reason for everything he does.
    I would not go that far, but this time I can say I stand with Rand.

He refuses to be told he can't win. Ron Paul's name was only mentioned in 2012 if followed by the phrase "but he can't win". Rand won't allow himself to be marginalized like that. Rand is throwing a temper tantrum for attention and he's getting it. People like to see someone give a middle finger to the media.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    Hell no !!! Rand isn't going to sit at the kiddie table. The entire purpose in placing Rand there, is to degrade him. He is not an under card candidate, who must grovel to FOX News. Let FOX grovel to us. I will never turn FOX or FOX Business on again. They are dead to me.
    You've been here since '07 and still haven't learned what a scum operation FAUX nooz is? Hang thy head in shame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

He will have a much better chance to make the headline for the undercard debate winner.
    What is this? I've never heard of it.

The undercard debate is a goddamned joke. They should have never had it. Lump them all together and run a 3 hour debate, I don't give a flip if Carson goes comatose during it.

Give them all equal time to answer the same $#@!ing questions and don't egg them on to fight.

The way the debates are run is a goddamned disgrace and a goddamned mother $#@!ing fake news channel should not be hand picking who gets to be on stage.

Quote Originally Posted by klamath View Post
    No I think he should campaign non stop in IA and NH talking to individual voters.
    ^^THIS X 1000000^^

Quote Originally Posted by 01000110 View Post
    The undercard debate is a goddamned joke. They should have never had it. Lump them all together and run a 3 hour debate, I don't give a flip if Carson goes comatose during it.

Give them all equal time to answer the same $#@!ing questions and don't egg them on to fight.

The way the debates are run is a goddamned disgrace and a goddamned mother $#@!ing fake news channel should not be hand picking who gets to be on stage.
    "Disgraceful" is how we do politics in 'Murica. Get used to it. *shrugs*
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

This is Rand's opportunity to show resolve and to dropkick the media, and he's running with it. Hang tough with your decision to not participate with a kiddie debate, Rand! In fact, what he could have done to stick it to FOX is not only run a televised counter event against the debate, but have his father join him for it. Ron Paul and Rand Paul together doing live debate commentary on MSNBC or Bloomberg would be a ratings stealer.
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

Or have 3 debates with 4 candidates each, 1 in the morning, 1 in the afternoon and 1 in the evening! The only thing the polls should be used to do is to avoid a Trump vs Cruz vs Rubio vs Carson and give equal airtime to all candidates, whether it's a Trump, a Rand or a Santorum. So, with my idea, there could be a debate with Trump vs Rand vs Chrsitie vs Huckabee, for example.

Why? So he can suck up and play by Faux News rules? There shouldn't even be a kiddie table debate by now. There's room for all of the candidates on the main stage, but Faux News and the GOP want to choose the candidate. They can $#@! off.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Calling any of these things "debates" is disgraceful and a damn joke. These things aren't debates but glorified soundbite opportunities. I would have been more impressed with a series of one-on-one debates between all the candidates.

Rand is doing the right thing! He can tell the undecideds in NH and IA about his recent votes. To save Social Security, to Audit the Fed and to protect the 2A. The voters in IA and NH hold the key to deciding what happens next. At first I thought Rand was kidding about not participating in the 2nd tier debate but he stuck to his guns!!

Quote Originally Posted by VIDEODROME View Post

I believe she has Huckabee and Santorum does she not?

Quote Originally Posted by Peace&Freedom View Post
    This is Rand's opportunity to show resolve and to dropkick the media, and he's running with it. Hang tough with your decision to not participate with a kiddie debate, Rand! In fact, what he could have done to stick it to FOX is not only run a televised counter event against the debate, but have his father join him for it. Ron Paul and Rand Paul together doing live debate commentary on MSNBC or Bloomberg would be a ratings stealer.
    This is my dream....

Some people still just cant believe that the MSM is ENTIRELY CONTROLLED. STOP having some kind of hope that they aren't. They ARE. So why even bother when they set the narrative?

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    So you don't know why Rand said he would skip the debate? Imagine that. Fug off. -55 rep.
    You're negative rep telling me to "catch up or get out" as if you're the Ruler of this forum is quite inappropriate. If you don't know how to answer my legitimate question, you don't have to answer. Maybe one day I will be as intelligent as you, but until I reach your superior level, I still have questions as i learn from other smart people on this forum.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast