Page 52 of 82 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,560 of 2433

Thread: BUSY PRACTICING LIFESKILLS

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I NEGLECTED MY POOL FOR A WEEK AS I WAS TOO SWAMPED WITH WORK TO DO MY DAILY3MILES . WHEN I CHECKED ON MONDAY IT WAS CLOUDY AND I CANT GET IT TO STABILIZE. IT JUST KEEPS EATING UP ALL THE CHLORINE I THROW AT IT. THE PH IS GOOD, THE HARDNESS IS GOOD, BUT NOW THE CYANIC ACID LEVELS ARE HIGH FROM ALLTHE DISSOLVED CHLORINE. OH WELL, ITS.AT HOT TUB 99DEGREES NOW, ILL JUST DRAIN IT AND LEAVE IT EMPTY NEXT WEEK WHILE WE VISIT LEGOLAND AND SEA WORLD. THEN FILL AND START OVER WHEN WE GET BACK..
    MINE'S A MASSIVE PAIN IN THE ASS TO DRAIN. JUST DRAINING A LITTLE TO WINTERIZE IT IS A MESS. I CAN'T IMAGINE DRAINING THE WHOLE THING.

HAVE FUN. WE'VE NEVER GOT TO GO TO LEGOLAND. MY KIDS WERE TOO OLD BY THE TIME IT OPENED.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    VERY NICE, CARLY. WHAT IS THE CROSS MADE OUT OF? IT'S HARD TO TELL FROM THE PHOTO.

The bottom one is craft store unfinished wood and the top one is mdf I think. I hand painted them and glued them together with Gorilla glue then spray sealed them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3206.JPG   IMG_3208.JPG  
    Last edited by Carlybee; 04-25-2017 at 05:02 AM.

MINE'S A MASSIVE PAIN IN THE ASS TO DRAIN. JUST DRAINING A LITTLE TO WINTERIZE IT IS A MESS. I CAN'T IMAGINE DRAINING THE WHOLE THING.

HAVE FUN. WE'VE NEVER GOT TO GO TO LEGOLAND. MY KIDS WERE TOO OLD BY THE TIME IT OPENED.
    IDK WHY ANIMALS EVEN BOTHER HAVING POOLS. THEY'RE SUCH A HASSLE. IF YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE ONE, YOU SHOULD HAVE A STAFF TO MAINTAIN IT, IMO. DIVISION OF LABOUR FTW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

WELL OURS IS EASY, WE DRAIN/REFILL IT ABOUT 3 TIMES A YEAR, BUT ITS NOT MUCH VOLUME. THIS IS OUR 2ND TRIP TO LEGOLAND, THE KID HAS NO DESIRE TO RETURN TO DISNEYWORLD, BUT LEGOLAND IS AT THE TOP OF HIS LIST. I PUT MY FOOT DOWN AND DEMANDED A SEAWORD SIDE-TRIP AS I THINK EVERY KID SHOULD HAVE A CHANCE TO SEE A KILLER WHALE SHOW BEFORE THE ANIMAL ACTIVIST FREAKS GET THEIR WAY AND THERE ARENT ANY LEFT.

Speaking of skills..anyone know an easy way to add nailhead trim to thin wood? I have upholstery tacks but they are hard to handle and they go all the way through the wood,.how to bend them on the back side? I am carpentry challenged.

THIS MIGHT NOT BE MUCH HELP BUT I'D USE SOME TIN SNIPS, TAKE OFF THE TAC BACK AND USE HOT GLUE.. OR GORILLA GLUE CLEAR FORMULA
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    THIS MIGHT NOT BE MUCH HELP BUT I'D USE SOME TIN SNIPS, TAKE OFF THE TAC BACK AND USE HOT GLUE.. OR GORILLA GLUE CLEAR FORMULA
    Thanks Opal...worth a try!

Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    EXACTLY WHAT I WAS THINKING. I WOULD USE THE GORILLA GLUE AND A CUTICLE STICK TO APPLY IT. THAT'S A SMALL AREA TO HOT GLUE AND I HAVE BURNED THE HECK OUT OF MYSELF WITH THOSE THINGS.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

EXACTLY WHAT I WAS THINKING. I WOULD USE THE GORILLA GLUE AND A CUTICLE STICK TO APPLY IT. THAT'S A SMALL AREA TO HOT GLUE AND I HAVE BURNED THE HECK OUT OF MYSELF WITH THOSE THINGS.
    You have to activate the gorilla glue by dampening the surface, then the glue expands so would have to use a tiny amount.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    You have to activate the gorilla glue by dampening the surface, then the glue expands so would have to use a tiny amount.
    LIFE SKILL

DON'T LISTEN TO ME ABOUT CRAFTING.

LIFE SKILL FOR ME

BEING A GOOD LOVER

I READ SOMEWHERE ON THE INTERNET THAT YOU SHOULD LOOK YOUR SPOUSE IN THE EYES AND TELL HIM YOU LOVE HIM. I DID AND MR ANIMAL LAUGHED. HE SAID I LOOKED LIKE A LUNATIC WHEN I SAID IT. NEXT TIME, I'M GOING TO TRY TO LOOK SANE WHEN I DO IT. WE RARELY TALK ABOUT THAT STUFF UNLESS IT'S POSTCOITAL AND I THINK WE SHOULD ACT APPRECIATIVE OF EACH OTHER WITH CLOTHES ON.

I'VE BEEN PRACTICING "SANE" LOOKS IN THE MIRROR.:COOL:

LIFESKILL TOADY: HIGH PROTEIN BANANA MUFFINS. THE BROCCOLI FRITATTA I DID THE OTHER DAY IS STILL YUMMY.
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

My messy little workspace. Working on a Texas flag cross and finishing up a custom order for a dreamcatcher for a coworker.

Attachment 5706

LIFE SKILL

DON'T LISTEN TO ME ABOUT CRAFTING.

LIFE SKILL FOR ME

BEING A GOOD LOVER

I READ SOMEWHERE ON THE INTERNET THAT YOU SHOULD LOOK YOUR SPOUSE IN THE EYES AND TELL HIM YOU LOVE HIM. I DID AND MR ANIMAL LAUGHED. HE SAID I LOOKED LIKE A LUNATIC WHEN I SAID IT. NEXT TIME, I'M GOING TO TRY TO LOOK SANE WHEN I DO IT. WE RARELY TALK ABOUT THAT STUFF UNLESS IT'S POSTCOITAL AND I THINK WE SHOULD ACT APPRECIATIVE OF EACH OTHER WITH CLOTHES ON.

I'VE BEEN PRACTICING "SANE" LOOKS IN THE MIRROR.:COOL:

Stop it!

You'll only confuse the issue.

LIFESKILLS-TRYING ON AND BUYING TIGHTS. REQUIRED FOR MY PERFORMING ARTS EXAM THIS SEMESTER. HB IS RATHER SKINNY SO IT'S EASY TO FIND CLOTHES. @Suzanimal WOULD BE JEALOUS. ALSO MADE A SIMPLE VERSION OF A BROCCOLI FRIATTA FOR LUNCH.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Mostly finished..just need a few tweaks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3258.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	621.9 KB 
ID:	5707

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    LIFESKILLS-TRYING ON AND BUYING TIGHTS. REQUIRED FOR MY PERFORMING ARTS EXAM THIS SEMESTER. HB IS RATHER SKINNY SO IT'S EASY TO FIND CLOTHES. @Suzanimal WOULD BE JEALOUS. ALSO MADE A SIMPLE VERSION OF A BROCCOLI FRIATTA FOR LUNCH.
    I just got through selling some of my son's skinny jeans on ebay..32x36.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    I just got through selling some of my son's skinny jeans on ebay..32x36.
    COOL STORY. THAT'S MY SIZE TOO. SOME BRANDS VARY A BIT, BUT 32x36 IS MUH NORMAL.

18, 12" DIAMETER, 42" DEEP DECK FOUNDATION FOOTINGS IN PACKED CLAY WITH A ONE MAN POWERED AUGER (TETER TOTTER TYPE). GOT STUCK ONCE. BEAT THE HELL OUT OF ME BUT GOT IT DONE. INSPECTOR CAME BY TODAY AND APPROVED. NOW ABOUT 2 YARDS OF CONCRETE, 80 LB BAGS. THEN FRAMING. SECOND LEVEL OF DECK TO CONNECT UPPER LEVEL DOWN TO POOL.

LIFESKILLS TOADY-MAKING UP CREATIVE WAYS TO COOK GROUND BEEF WITH LOTS OF PROTEIN AND INTERESTING FLAVOUR. TURNED OUT NICE. REFINING ONION SAUTEE SKILL. NEEDS WORK. ALSO, LEARNING TO SLIDE PROPERLY IN MY NEW TIGHTS. FIGURED IT OUT, BUT NEEDS REFINING SO I CAN DO IT PROPERLY IN CONCERT.
    Last edited by heavenlyboy34; 04-24-2017 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BUTSRSLY View Post
    SORRY GUYS NO FREE TIME! I AM BUSY DEVELOPING LIFE SKILLS TO ENTER THE JOB MARKET AND BE A PRODUCTIVE MEMBER OF SOCIETY/GOOD DRONE.

SUCH AS CALLIGRAPHY
    That's great! Learning Calligraphy is useful and fun. It's an awesome skill! You should get familiar with the different styles.Just start from the basic then the complicated ones.

IT'S EASY FOR ME TO FIND CLOTHES, TOO. (I HAVE THE ATTIC AND TWO CLOSETS FULL) I'M VERY PARTICULAR, THOUGH.

EVERYTHING'S BEEN COMING UP MILHOUSE FOR ME LATELY. I DECIDE TO GO THROUGH MY E-MAILS AND FOUND ONE THAT SAID A GIFT FOR YOU FROM WHBM AND INSIDE WAS A 25.00 GIFT (NO MINIMUM AND FREE SHIPPING) - YAY! I GOT THIS TOP AND WITH MY REWARDS DISCOUNT, IT WAS FREE.

TO TOP IT OFF, I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR THE PERFECT PIECE OF FURNITURE TO PLACE IN MY LIVING ROOM BUT EVERYTHING I'VE LIKED HAS BEEN VERY EXPENSIVE. I DON'T REALLY WANT TO SPEND A LOT ON IT BECAUSE IT'S REALLY JUST DECORATIVE. SO, I GET MY STAPLES INK REWARDS AND I DECIDE TO TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT THEY HAVE (HONESTLY, I WASN'T SURE WHAT I WANTED BUT I KNEW IT WOULD HIT ME WHEN I SAW IT)- THERE IT WAS, THE PERFECT PIECE AND THE PERFECT SIZE. AND, I NOT ONLY HAD 80.00 IN INK REWARDS, I GOT 5.00 IN SPENDING REWARDS (MR A'S BUSINESS ACCOUNT), AND THEY SENT ME ANOTHER 5.00 REWARD BECAUSE IT'S EARTH DAY OR SOMETHING. JUST AS I'M GETTING READY TO PULL THE TRIGGER AND BUY IT, MY PHONE STARTS DINGING AND I HAD A MESSAGE FROM STAPLES AND GOT A $25/$75 COUPON!! YAY! I GOT 115.00 OFF.

http://www.staples.com/Woodland-Impo...YF078275626980

FINALLY, I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR A TRAVEL JEWERLY BOX. I HATE STICKING EVERYTHING IN ZIPLOCK BAGS AND HAVING TO UNTANGLE IT. ANYWAY, I FOUND ONE ON EBAY FOR AROUND 10.00 AND WHEN I WENT TO CHECK OUT, I HAD 4.00 IN EBAY BUCKS. I GOT THIS ONE IN WHITE FAUX SNAKE.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/282305545485...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

LIFESKILL FOR TODAY

CLOCK REPAIR. POOR MR ANIMAL KNOCKED HIS FAMILY COO-COO CLOCK OFF THE WALL WHEN HE WAS HANGING MY DRAPES THE DAY BEFORE EASTER. WE HAVE NO IDEA HOW LONG IT'S BEEN IN HIS FAMILY BUT IT'S PRE WW II. HIS GRANDPARENTS BROUGHT IT OVER FROM ALSACE WHEN THEY IMMIGRATED AFTER WW I. IT'S A COOL CLOCK AND IT BROKE HIS HEART TO SEE IT BUSTED BUT WE'VE HAD TO HAVE IT REPAIRED BEFORE AND I THINK THE DAMAGE IS MOSTLY SUPERFICIAL THIS TIME. THE BACK CAME OFF BUT THE DEER ANTLERS DIDN'T BREAK AND IT LANDED ON IT'S FACE. THE CHAINS LOOK LIKE THEY NEED TO BE PUT BACK ON THE GEARS AND THE BACK REATTACHED BUT THAT LOOKS LIKE ABOUT IT.

I'M ALSO GOING TO STOP BY THE CAR REPAIR SHOP AND TALK TO THEM ABOUT THE BEEMER. I NOTICED THE LIGHTS ON THE GEAR SHIFTER DON'T GO OUT AND I'M GOING ASK ABOUT THAT. MR ANIMAL WANTS TO DRIVE IT TO NASHVILLE NEXT MONTH AND I FIGURE I WOULD HAVE THE MECHANIC GIVE THE ONCE OVER AND FIX THOSE ANNOYING LIGHTS IF IT'S AN ISSUE. I'M WORRIED THEY'LL DRAIN THE BATTERY. HE SAYS IT'LL BE FUN TO GET IT ON THE OPEN ROAD AND "SEE WHAT THIS BABY CAN DO". SOUNDS LIKE HE PLANS ON GETTING A TICKET ON THE WAY TO TN. I JUST HOPE WE DON'T FLY OFF THE SIDE OF A MOUNTAIN IN THE DAMN THING. NOTE TO SELF: STAY AWAKE THROUGH THE MOUNTAINS AND BACKSEAT DRIVE US SAFELY TO NASHVILLE.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'M TRYING TO DECIDE IF I WANT TO DO MY ERRANDS OR DAY DRINK, DO LAUNDRY, AND PLAY ON THE INTERNET.

My latest. Sorry the pic is so big. This one is 16". The second layer is metallic copper..hard to tell here. I think I love that paint.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3266.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	581.4 KB 
ID:	5713

LIFESKILL-GOT A NEW PIECE UPLOADED TO BANDCAMP. NAO RPFS CAN LISTEN TO HB'S MUSIC AND ALSO BUY IT. https://matveyushka.bandcamp.com/album/symphony-no-2 I STILL HAVE LOTS AND LOTS OF UPLOADING TO DO.

LIFESKILLS TOADY-MAKING UP CREATIVE WAYS TO COOK GROUND BEEF WITH LOTS OF PROTEIN AND INTERESTING FLAVOUR. TURNED OUT NICE. REFINING ONION SAUTEE SKILL. NEEDS WORK. ALSO, LEARNING TO SLIDE PROPERLY IN MY NEW TIGHTS. FIGURED IT OUT, BUT NEEDS REFINING SO I CAN DO IT PROPERLY IN CONCERT.
    PICS, PLZ.

LIFESKILL FOR TODAY

RELAXING AND DRINKING WINE AT THE LAKE.

YOU'D THINK I'D BE AN EXPERT BY NOW BUT I BELIEVE PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT. I'M GOING TO MY FRIEND'S LAKE HOUSE TO HIT THE GOODWILL HONEY HOLE I FOUND AND WE'RE GOING TO DRINK WINE AND WATCH HER FINE HUSBAND WORK ON THE BOAT DOCK. I PLAN ON DOING SOME CATCALLING. I'VE NOTICED MEN DON'T SEEM TO MIND BEING CATCALLED LIKE WOMEN DO, LOL.

PICS, PLZ.
    IDK HOW TO PHOTO MYSELF SLIDING AND I DON'T HAVE A PHOTOGRAPHER OR ANYTHING, SO YOU'LL HAVE TO SETTLE FOR REGULAR OL STILL SELFIE PICS.
    UPDDATE: WHEN VIDEO OF THE PERFORMANCE COMES OUT, I'LL SEND U TOOBZ. K, BABES?
    Last edited by heavenlyboy34; 05-01-2017 at 11:21 AM.

PICS, PLZ.
    You are as bad as AF sometimes.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    You are as bad as AF sometimes.
    AH, YOU'RE JUST JEALOUS BECAUSE I'M SEXY AND YOU'RE NOT. :P

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 52 of 82 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast