Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Thread - Senate Vote on Audit the Fed 1/12/16

Official Thread - Senate Vote on Audit the Fed 1/12/16

Rand is expected to speak on the Senate floor at 2:15 pm ET.

At 2:30 pm, the Senate will vote on S. 2232, the Federal Reserve Transparency Act. It will be a procedural vote requiring 60 votes (motion to invoke cloture on the motion to proceed).

C-SPAN2 live stream:
    http://www.c-span.org/networks/?channel=c-span-2

Senate live stream:
    http://floor.senate.gov/MediaPlayer....2&event_id=632

Update: The vote failed 53-44 (60 votes needed). Here's the roll call vote: http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LI...n=2&vote=00002
    Last edited by tsai3904; 01-12-2016 at 05:22 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Some important Senators announced they will vote for the bill:

Alabama Senator Richard Shelby, Chairman of the Senate Banking Committee, had been opposed to the bill and did not allow it to be heard in his committee. He will vote for the bill today:

Senator Bernie Sanders will vote for the bill:

The US Chamber of Commerce, Janet Yellen, and Ben Bernanke announced their opposition yesterday:

A former Ron Paul aide refutes Bernanke's article:

Some background information on the bill:

Last edited by tsai3904; 01-12-2016 at 09:21 AM.

What's the chance this passed?
    "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." —Jeff Cooper

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

Quote Originally Posted by TomtheTinker View Post
    What's the chance this passed?
    I'd give it probably 1/3 chance. There's 54 total Republicans and 6 Democrats who support the bill. If we can get all 54 Republicans to vote for the bill, it passes.

There are several Republicans who oppose the bill. The good thing is that this is a procedural vote and not a vote on final passage, which only requires majority vote. Alabama Senator Richard Shelby said he opposes the bill but is willing to vote for the procedural motion. Both Tennessee Senators oppose the bill but we'll see how they vote on the procedural motion.

There are also many vulnerable Democrats (those in red states or have tough re-election races) who might vote for the bill for political reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post

Didn't see that one coming! /sarc
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

I called my Senators; Burr is a co-sponsor and the person in Tillis' office just took the message and did not know his position, so he says.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Is this true Ohio?

Here's Senator Sherrod Brown's DC office number: 202-224-2315

Will Rubio and Cruz find the time to make the vote?
    "I am commonly opposed to those who modestly assume the rank of champions of liberty, and make a very patriotic noise about the people. It is the stale artifice which has duped the world a thousand times, and yet, though detected, it is still successful."

--Fisher Ames (1789)

Rand should go around telling everyone, "look at who votes no on this bill. These people without a doubt are corrupt and you should make sure they aren't re-elected." Maybe that will scare a few of them into voting for it
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Henry View Post
    Will Rubio and Cruz find the time to make the vote?
    Rubio is expected to vote. Cruz will be campaigning later tonight so people are unsure if he'll be on the floor to vote. Can anyone in Texas call his office (202-224-5922) and confirm?

Update: Cruz has a campaign event in NH at 1 pm. I don't think he'll make it back in time unless the vote is close and McConnell holds the vote open.
    Last edited by tsai3904; 01-12-2016 at 11:16 AM.

LOL. So Cruz and Sanders already have their excuses lined up. Their owners will be pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gold Standard View Post
    LOL. So Cruz and Sanders already have their excuses lined up. Their owners will be pleased.
    We are definitely for the audit!..but well unfortunately we just cant make it *sniff*...

To that I say:

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by tsai3904 View Post
    Rubio is expected to vote. Cruz will be campaigning later tonight so people are unsure if he'll be on the floor to vote. Can anyone in Texas call his office (202-224-5922) and confirm?

Update: Cruz has a campaign event in NH at 1 pm. I don't think he'll make it back in time unless the vote is close and McConnell holds the vote open.
    Well I hope it passes but if it doesn't because Cruz was doing something else... Damn. That's Ad-worthy.

Oh and FK C-SPAN for locking out foreigners and people who don't have cable.
    "I am a bird"

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    Oh and FK C-SPAN for locking out foreigners and people who don't have cable.
    Here's another stream:
    http://floor.senate.gov/MediaPlayer....2&event_id=632

So his commitment to getting Ron Paul supporters is a little "squishy" then.

At least Sanders is trying....

I'm trying to call every senator today, about half way through. Join me.

Quote Originally Posted by PCKY View Post
    At least Sanders is trying....
    I wouldn't be so sure about that. I'm willing to bet the flight "gets delayed".

Everyone on FB needs to get their ass over to Ted Cruz's page to chastise him for missing this vote.

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    Well I hope it passes but if it doesn't because Cruz was doing something else... Damn. That's Ad-worthy.
    It will be if that's the case.

Quote Originally Posted by PCKY View Post
    So his commitment to getting Ron Paul supporters is a little "squishy" then.
    It should sink him with Ron Paul supporters. Cruz payed lip service to Audit the Fed right from the start, and it's what got him the endorsement of Ron and Rand when he ran for Senate. This is the ultimate, two-faced betrayal (if he misses this key vote).
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rand is up there speaking now!

Rand is speaking on this stream now : http://floor.senate.gov/MediaPlayer....2&event_id=632

Not sure how long he has been talking, was already speaking by time I clicked it

Rand speaking right now on CSPAN...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

assuming his flight to DC gets in on time.
    He must be a Rubio type representative.

Unanimous call for 5 minutes longer for Rand. Senator from Ohio planning to speak, likely in opposition?

Edit: To oppose
    "Those who slumber on the path to tyranny, sink on the river to freedom." - Brett D.

"I am not attacking you Eric. I am stating historical fact. Leon Trotsky taught Leo Straus everything he knew about Communism. Leo Straus set up shop at the University of Chicago. There Straus mentored and educated the godfather of the neoconservative movement, Kristol the Elder. See? It is not an attack, it is a statement of historical fact." - Random RP Supporter Spreading Some Love

Quote Originally Posted by statist slayer View Post
    Everyone on FB needs to get their ass over to Ted Cruz's page to chastise him for missing this vote.
    This

(Sanders too)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast