Thread: Next move; no surrender

Next move; no surrender

Obviously, we are all thinking Rand needs a real response to this omission from the debate. My first guess was that Rand should just do the youtube real time debate commentary.

But as a Presidential candidate, you have to play to your strengths. Rand can be witty, but he isn't hilarious. But he is by far the most analytical candidate in the race.

Instead of a real time debate commentary on youtube, he needs to answer each and every question posed. In detail. As if this were a Lincoln Douglass style debate. The old rule of campaigns was, dont give out too much free info. Forget it. Rand is a high information guy, he is just that much smarter than anybody else on that stage and he needs to prove it. If he gives detailed, punchy, uncompromising and factually truthful answers to the debate questions, say within 4 hours of the conclusion of the debate, he will be covered the next day as the winner. It will reinforce all his positives. "I'm Rand Paul, the only true anti-estalishment candidate for President...this is the most important campaign in American history, and I will not be silenced. Everybody else running is running from giving you a straight answer. Here they are. "

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    People aren't going to watch that in mass. The voters will be watching the debate. The lack of activity in the forum since the announcement speaks volume.

Quote Originally Posted by Robrank View Post
    People aren't going to watch that in mass. The voters will be watching the debate. The lack of activity in the forum since the announcement speaks volume.
    People dont actually watch the debates en masse, either. Rand has to do something new to get people talking. Other candidates are running from their records, or throwing around platitudes. Rand can earn respect by leading the policy debate in this country. His very demotion is news. Actually, as others have observed, the demotion can help people who make it an asset. Rand must do this. He has come too far to just slink away.

Props to cajuncoca on the grammar point.
    Last edited by WTLaw; 01-11-2016 at 06:58 PM.

Sorry, this bugs me.....it's en masse. In Mass is something Catholics do on Sunday.

It's a good idea OP.

We should do a thread during the debate where we post our own answers, for Team Rand to peruse.

That is pretty perceptive for someone with 5 months and 62 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by WTLaw View Post
    Obviously, we are all thinking Rand needs a real response to this omission from the debate. My first guess was that Rand should just do the youtube real time debate commentary.

But as a Presidential candidate, you have to play to your strengths. Rand can be witty, but he isn't hilarious. But he is by far the most analytical candidate in the race.

Instead of a real time debate commentary on youtube, he needs to answer each and every question posed. In detail. As if this were a Lincoln Douglass style debate. The old rule of campaigns was, dont give out too much free info. Forget it. Rand is a high information guy, he is just that much smarter than anybody else on that stage and he needs to prove it. If he gives detailed, punchy, uncompromising and factually truthful answers to the debate questions, say within 4 hours of the conclusion of the debate, he will be covered the next day as the winner. It will reinforce all his positives. "I'm Rand Paul, the only true anti-estalishment candidate for President...this is the most important campaign in American history, and I will not be silenced. Everybody else running is running from giving you a straight answer. Here they are. "
    Go up against Sanders in a debate at the same time on a different channel, or on Netflix, or live on Youtube.

Unsanctioned, no holds barred. It will be all the democratic blogosphere can talk about. It will be bigger news than anything said at the GOP debate.

Hell it might beat the debate just in raw ratings.

It can only be good for Bernie too, and he loves sticking the finger to the man.

And for us, we get to see actual intellectual debate on the issues. mano a mano
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

Quote Originally Posted by idiom View Post
    Go up against Sanders in a debate at the same time on a different channel, or on Netflix, or live on Youtube.

Unsanctioned, no holds barred. It will be all the democratic blogosphere can talk about. It will be bigger news than anything said at the GOP debate.

Hell it might beat the debate just in raw ratings.

It can only be good for Bernie too, and he loves sticking the finger to the man.

And for us, we get to see actual intellectual debate on the issues. mano a mano
    I don't know why people keep mentioning this. Bernie won't do it.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudeman View Post
    I don't know why people keep mentioning this. Bernie won't do it.
    This