Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rand Paul issues a statement regarding the debate.

Rand Paul issues a statement regarding the debate.

https://randpaul.com/news/rand-paul-...usiness-debate

Totally agreed.. This criteria is a joke.. Rand should definitely be on that stage.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rand expects to be in with his numbers, I agree. Picking various polling data smacks of fixing the debate candidates. How can you tell if one poll is more reliable than another, in addition how can you tell if polling is reliable at all?

Rands total polling numbers are better than Bush, Kasuck, Carly etc.

with the exception of Bush in money and nobody in ground game, Rand qualifies for the other parts of a campaign that matter, as well

Rand is saying this morning (ON FOX) that he fully expects to make it. He has a lot of confidence. He should.. He has made top 5 in Iowa, and top 5-6 in national polls more than once. Although the average isn't there, he has a great argument. That announcement of the 1,000 captains in Iowa may force their hand

I really don't get why you would change the duhbate rules right before voting begins. Change it afterwards, but it makes no sense to do it before other than to create drama.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

The whole debate process is a mess with the undercard debate, podium ordering, and unequal time all denigrating the democratic process. The center stage and extra time Trump was afforded in every debate has essentially given him boosts every step of the way. Senators like Cruz, Rubio, and Paul have always had the advantage in polling over Governors like Perry, Jindal, Gary Johnson, and Pataki since Senators have access to the national media, but before this cycle it only was really worth a podium or two. This cycle, they basically killed those Governor's campaigns just as they started by relegating them to the unserious table, and showed being a television star like Trump is a way bigger advantage over a Senator than a Senator has over a Governor.

I think this statement is pretty much an admission/expectation that he won't qualify with his averages according to the official criteria, but it's an argument to FBN about why he should be included anyway. We'll know by tonight...
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewYorker View Post
    Breitbart and politico are calling it that he won't be in the debate

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...-3-insurgents/
    Wow. That sucks.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    i personally dont really care and dont think it matters. one last debate with everyone trying to kill each other before iowa on public tv is a moot point.

If Kasich doesn't make it he should be pissed, as well. He's actually getting good NH numbers. And Carson is just the waste of a spot on the stage.

Interesting that two of the candidates mentioned by Breitbart may not even be eligible for the position, i.e. Cruz and Rubio. I think Rubio's eligibility is quite questionable; his parents were not citizens at the time of his birth. They didn't become citizens until three years later; does this make Rubio an anchor baby?

Brietbart is just quoting Politico and who would believe anything Politico writes. They are just trying to slant the results; now if Rand gets in they can say he really shouldn't be or something. Furthermore, so far, no one knows what criteria they are using to make their stupid decision. Totally corrupt.
    Last edited by squirl22; 01-11-2016 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kbs021 View Post
    Rand is saying this morning (ON FOX) that he fully expects to make it. He has a lot of confidence. He should.. He has made top 5 in Iowa, and top 5-6 in national polls more than once. Although the average isn't there, he has a great argument. That announcement of the 1,000 captains in Iowa may force their hand
    Here's your tube:

Rand: "There's absolutely no scientific criteria that could exclude us."

New Quinnipiac Iowa poll has Rand at 2%.

That interviewer sounds like she knows Rand won't be in the debate. 'Well, we want you there whether you're in the main debate or not.'

Rand should do the undercard debate if he's going to be the only one there.

Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

I'm afraid Rand is out this time.

He killed the debate the last 2 times and got no traction. Will it really matter if he was out?

Needs to find another way to break thru.
    If Rand does not win the Republican nomination, he should buck the controlled two party system and run as an Independent for President in 2016 and give Americans a real option to vote for.

We are all born libertarians then something goes really wrong. Despite this truth, most people are still libertarians yet not know it.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Liberty74 View Post

He killed the debate the last 2 times and got no traction. Will it really matter if he was out?

True. He did do extremely well at the last two debates, and it seems his poll numbers didn't change, maybe even declined.

I think Trump is stealing all his support.

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty74 View Post

He killed the debate the last 2 times and got no traction[in the polls]. Will it really matter if he was out?

Fixed that.
    "I am a bird"

Walk away, debate Sanders same time different channel. Give the people what they want to see, answer the issues of the day instead of Fox's pony show.
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

Quote Originally Posted by idiom View Post
    Walk away, debate Sanders same time different channel. Give the people what they want to see, answer the issues of the day instead of Fox's pony show.
    Would Bernie be willing to do this? Rand has said that he would debate Sanders anytime, anywhere. From Bernie's perspective, I'm not sure if there is anything for him to gain by debating Rand. I think Bernie could only lose by debating Rand at this point, but that's just my opinion, so I don't think he would accept a debate.

Quote Originally Posted by libertyplz View Post
    Would Bernie be willing to do this? Rand has said that he would debate Sanders anytime, anywhere. From Bernie's perspective, I'm not sure if there is anything for him to gain by debating Rand. I think Bernie could only lose by debating Rand at this point, but that's just my opinion, so I don't think he would accept a debate.
    I don't think Bernie could even if he wanted to.

This is from the agreement/contract that the DNC made the candidates sign

DNC To Sanction Six Presidential Primary Debates
    May 05, 2015

(excerpt)...While a six sanctioned debate schedule is consistent with the precedent set by the DNC during the 2004 and 2008 cycles, this year the DNC will further manage the process by implementing an exclusivity requirement. Any candidate or debate sponsor wishing to participate in DNC debates, must agree to participate exclusively in the DNC-sanctioned process. Any violation would result in forfeiture of the ability to participate in the remainder of the debate process.
    https://www.democrats.org/Post/dnc-t...rimary-debates
    Wasserman Shultz (DNC Chief) even dis-invited her vice chair to the debate last year in Las Vegas for calling for more debates. The pathetic Democrats (the ones who know about it) won't even protest this.

This process is completely corrupt. Both "sides". People keep giving the benefit of the doubt though. Americans won't protest anything anymore. Just go along, everything will be great when you're part of the team. You can see this with Rand even- few seem to care when he lies about Crimea or Iran. It's hopeless.

I've always favored having multi-candidate debates. With the current 12 or 13, you could have 3 debates of 4 or 5 candidates. No undercard or main debates. All 3 debates would be equal. I'd only use polling to avoid a debate with only "first tier" or "second tier" candidates and keep the debates open for a breakthrough moment. Undercard+main debate is segregation.

Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2 View Post
    i personally dont really care and dont think it matters. one last debate with everyone trying to kill each other before iowa on public tv is a moot point.
    Yes, but with Rand being bumped down, the media will use it as a hit piece against him and claim he's not a viable candidate anymore. Watch and see.

Quote Originally Posted by derek4ever View Post
    I've always favored having multi-candidate debates. With the current 12 or 13, you could have 3 debates of 4 or 5 candidates. No undercard or main debates. All 3 debates would be equal. I'd only use polling to avoid a debate with only "first tier" or "second tier" candidates and keep the debates open for a breakthrough moment. Undercard+main debate is segregation.
    They should stick to people who could actually win, as in who are on the ballot in every state (or enough to win). Then if there's many, exactly, multiple debates but do a lottery for that, makes it fair for everybody. Also randomized podium placement would be nice.
    "I am a bird"

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yes, but with Rand being bumped down, the media will use it as a hit piece against him and claim he's not a viable candidate anymore. Watch and see.
    Was that done for Christie? Especially since he bounced back to the main debate after that?

I don't understand why this undercard "kid's table" debate has to go on to the fifth debate anyway. It made sense for the first one. There were so many candidates, and it was obvious those 5-6 at the bottom would probably not survive (yet there's Carly, being propped up by the establishment types who love her.) They had 10 candidates on stage for the main event that night...why can't they handle 9 for this one? Once again, the media gets to decide the nominee (with an even bigger voice this time.)

well it tells you what Breitbart knows, they quote yesterday's poll from Marist as the reason Rand won't make it, but they must have missed something as that poll shows Rand in 5th in Iowa with 5% ahead of Bush. It's the 6th poll showing Rand in 5th place in this cycle in Iowa

What the heck is so hard having them all up there, asking them all the same question and one rebuttal for the same question. It is so half ass the way they do it now and you can blame this all on the GOP and Preibus.

They could have set those rules but they allow the networks to use the debates for shock value ratings in a deal for the media to take out anti-establishment candidates.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Yup, and that's what actually matters (post debate commentary), not so much the debate itself.

...which is why Rand's trying to get ahead of the narrative.

Anyway, it's a bummer, but not the end of the world.

She was dismissive as all hell.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast